Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:13:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All rating platforms are shit!?  (Read 597 times)
ronni01

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:06:40 PM

Understand this can not be, nobody can know the project will be successful or not, if everyone knew that the project was successful, then you just would have invested money and earn easy money, this is not so!
PetrovichCoinMaster

Activity: 224
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:07:06 PM

I recently read an article about the exposure of the site-rating icobench. The truth is in it and I do not trust these sites, because you can buy anything for money.
Anton1105

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 06:13:05 PM

I agree, therefore, ideally, legislation is needed that will regulate the activities of the ICOs. The law will significantly reduce the number of scammers and restore investor confidence in projects, I think that this is the only way to get rid of fraudulent projects.
EuronPower

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:16:03 PM

Rating platforms always publish of any project and many of these projects don't reach softcap funds. I think they are a mechanism to give strength and credibility to projects, however they include SCAM projects and many don't reach their objectives. To know if a project is good, it's not worth just to see the rating, you have to study it completely.

IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD
Che454010

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:26:11 PM

on what grounds do rating platforms give estimates? they are just like ordinary people just based on their opinion give estimate, do not trust them
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:30:03 PM

Actually that seems to be true. I use only one platform that I can rely on... Don't need any more.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:34:47 PM

How come alsomst all ICOs are receiving 5/5 on track ICO and other platforms. I think these ratting are paid rattings and bullshit. Just do your own research before investing.

xanto

Activity: 216
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:37:10 PM

Not all, but most of them. These ratings are bought and sold, so choose projects for investment yourself. Only Icodrops can be trusted.
patriot_rf

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 06:37:53 PM

The element of truth definitely in it is. I often think of it. A certain highest force which will be able to punish for deception is necessary, then rating agencies won't be necessary, we will just know if the project appeared he precisely wants to develop, has read his idea has like and has begun to participate in him, it wasn't pleasant - has forgotten. But you it is definitely not deceived here that is necessary.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:40:54 PM

Too much deception around, investor confidence starts to decline and the market reacts naturally! I think we need some mechanism to protect honest projects, some kind of association in which guarantees the reputation of the project, because all rating platforms are shit!

What do you think?

I understand what you are saying, and although that could help it wouldn't necessarily solve anything. Even if those platforms where impartial (meaning they wouldn't favor projects that paid them, or gave them any other incentives) it would be impossible for them to review all projects and give a fair opportunity to all.

I really think that us (retail investors) just need to get better at evaluating the projects we want to support. Most people want an easy way, and those platforms would do just that. People would go to those platforms, select the top 5 projects and invest on them, or something like that. This would leave a lot of potential good projects out of business, just because they weren't there, and it would give to much power to those platforms.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Sarisang

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:50:40 PM

rating platform does not make a reference to a major project. they are also a double community that may be also paid to assessing a project so what they do is not entirely the pure reference to others. make it as consideration only, to address the issue of scam or a nice project and not just its own analysis then as much as possible.
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:52:24 PM

Too much deception around, investor confidence starts to decline and the market reacts naturally! I think we need some mechanism to protect honest projects, some kind of association in which guarantees the reputation of the project, because all rating platforms are shit!

What do you think?
Not all but very many. I take into account the opinion of icodrops on the projects I analyze. But I always make the final decision myself.
Mikcik

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:01:01 PM

What do you think?

Haha yup, like ICO, there are currently too many website ICO rating. I find that most of the ICOs listed on those sites are highly rated, but when one of them scam, they just said sorry  Cheesy Cheesy
jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:04:33 PM

What do you think?

I wouldn't say that rating platforms are shit you just cannot trust them. Well, if you think about it, if they cannot be trusted then they might be shits? LOL
Anyway, you cannot trust the ratings in any rating platform because there are many cases of ICOs that has high ratings but ends  up to be a scam project. To think that the ratings were made by some "experts".

I don't think such association will be formed, in the near future at least. ICOs are not being regulated so an association cannot give certifications regarding the reputation of a project.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:12:07 PM

I don't think that all rating platforms are shit. Icobench seems to be good and informative.
As a first step of my research I am using ICO rating sites only. But I never trusted them. You don't know if they were manipulated.
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:24:25 PM

awarding of rating would not be the deciding factor will be the success of ICO. but at least this can be one of the considerations for determining its own little choice. scam and there will certainly be difficult to distinguish in because even they would rate even though in a bad value. But what they point out is also not fully correct.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:28:06 PM

What do you think?

yes, I almost agree. some projects become very useless and do not even have great growth opportunities. there are many ico who are just chasing profit and looking for fast money. maybe we should seriously discuss this issue, more so on the regulations that can mediate the ico problem as we discussed.
akamit

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:28:48 PM

What do you think?
Even a month or two ago I was believing in ICO rating platforms.
But someone opened my eyes when I was suggesting rating platforms to someone who created a thread to ask.
Second incident was, I complained about a scam project to a rating platform once and they did nothing.

Since then, I mean after those 2 incidents I am much careful about rating platforms and I actually don't believe in them... They are just paid promoters and the ratings are manipulated.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:32:35 PM

Then rate it yourself. Look deeper into one project and see thru how they are committed with their project.

It is not bad to ask. As of now, almost every ICO have a telegram group where you could ask anything about the project. They like it more to have some questions like that so that they can clear some questions which investors cannot ask.
Look at how they answer and rate it as how much your instinct tells it.
mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:36:17 PM

not true, there are good rating sites but some of it are paid sites. Some of it are giving false ratings and some people might bite the project because of it. Sometimes this trash ratings sites lead them to scams.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: