Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:08:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All rating platforms are shit!?  (Read 595 times)
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:30:10 PM

In my opinion, one shouldn't trust rating websites as criteria to pick icos. You need to do your in depth research to be able to decipher what is good and what is not good though their are no guarantees. I personally like icodrops as they are very professional and gives accurate results up to the tune of 90%.

Dude, your statements are contradicting with each other.

Anyway, I agree with the first statement that one shouldn't rely in ICO ratings. They should only be used as a guide in conducting a resesrch a projects so that you can get another point of view of the project in a different perspective.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hughes_Ryan

Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:33:42 PM

Too much deception around, investor confidence starts to decline and the market reacts naturally! I think we need some mechanism to protect honest projects, some kind of association in which guarantees the reputation of the project, because all rating platforms are shit!

What do you think?
They can only get the information and appreciate the 70%. The remaining 30% is still a risk if we invest. Previously I have explored a lot of ICO projects on the ICO rating websites. But not all project highly appreciated are successful
Oniko

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:41:53 PM

Quite right. Rating platforms are designed to make money, and therefore you will not find objectivity here.

Rating platforms deliberately increase the evaluation of the project for a surcharge. And lower ratings if you paid less
walleconomy

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:49:45 PM

Rating platforms exist so that you understand the average evaluation of the project compared to the others, but this estimate does not need to be taken as a 100% guarantee. Once you have found a good project for investment and looked at its assessment, you need to evaluate many more side factors that can tell a lot. Therefore, blaming rating platforms is not entirely correct.

✦╱╲▬✧P A P U S H A . I O✧ Rocket Technology▬
(  ❍  ) ▬▬▬THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY TO ▬▬▬
◢\___/◣ ▬DESTROY OIL REFINERIES RESIDUES▬ 
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:51:22 PM

Maybe you are upset for some reasons. But, It is not the Icoratings website I think, Because They rated ICO Projects by seeing their team activity, future goal, vision and they verified KYC From the project owner. But at the end of the day, no one knows what's going on in his mind. Some scammers had a good reputation, but after millions of USD Raised, They scammed People. Just think about Hashcard and worldex, Both are managing the good teams, both had an excellent rating before, both were promising, but after 4-5 Millions, USD Raised they scammed people!

So, All rating platforms are not shit. It's about bad people. So, don't go for every project by seeing their excellent rating. Do more research as much as you can. Myself, I like Icobench, Icotracker and con schedule.

AlisaWhishie

Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 06:04:31 PM

Well, they are surely not shit in one thing - collecting all of the current ICO on one platform, and gathering the most important information about it (such as dates, soft/hard caps, etc.) But I hardly ever take their raitings seriously, and the same applies to any other sources, like youtubers or telegram channels.

vKedax

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:28:05 PM

I do not believe in ratings, it is better to study the project without third-party evaluations. But for me ratings are, above all, a handy tool with a lot of projects.

Originator

Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:33:38 PM

Yes that's right.
The market is tired of the scum. It's hard to tell a good project from shit. But I'm sure the market will sooner or later find a way to defeat the Bacchanalia, which is now more and more.
Personally, I look at the rating platforms and watch the terms, brief information and skim through the links.
goku19

Activity: 395
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:36:49 PM

I will not say that they are shit as they provide useful information about the ICO's and i get alot of help from them....yes they cannot be purely accurate but still they can give you some idea about the ICO which is very important..yes but we must nou blindly trust them
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:39:19 PM

I will not say that they are shit as they provide useful information about the ICO's and i get alot of help from them....yes they cannot be purely accurate but still they can give you some idea about the ICO which is very important..yes but we must nou blindly trust them
in any case, their activities bring some positive points to our work. of course, before you trust any project, you must check it and thus protect yourself from the risk of being deceived.
bitbloq.io
Copper Member

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:03:22 PM

You have to do your own research. Ratings are great, but you never know who is writing them and that's never enough to base an investment off of. Use ratings, reviews, forums, whitepapers, and follow trends by consistent monitoring to make the best investments you can make.
kidflash

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:10:04 PM

Not all rating platforms are bad, some are credible. Many platform rankings are paid for by the project developers to rank highly. This is very detrimental to investors, I hope you are careful in investing your money.
Ceyebrity

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:19:06 PM

It is not all the ratings that are shit. The problem lies in the fact that the people doing the ratings do it out of the facts and information they lay hold upon about the project which may not turn out to be true. They can't see the future remember, they are only speculating based on the facts they have at hand and things can go south some of the times.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:32:15 PM

I think that rating platforms are doing very good jobs as they are providing comment about ICO with their related paper like whitepaper and their expectation in a project. They are commenting based on the paper of the coin so they should not be blamed for any discrepancies by the coin. Moreover there are both good and fake platforms. We should be aware of that.
By providing just their comments/hunch about an ICO project based on whatever was scribbled on the whitepaper, they are everything but rating sites. A credible rating site unearth facts and that often include interviewing those behind a project, their identities and contacts, then trust can come in. Other than that you're better off without them except one admits to be too lazy to lift a finger.

Btw no serious investor is ever going to put their money on any project based on the recommendations of some online reviewers, without any name or history.
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:36:55 PM

Too much deception around, investor confidence starts to decline and the market reacts naturally! I think we need some mechanism to protect honest projects, some kind of association in which guarantees the reputation of the project, because all rating platforms are shit!

What do you think?
I think it's not fair if you just blame the rating platform, to be honest the mistake is in every investor itself, because it wants instant things and want quickly gets a high profit. The rating platform only gives their opinion about an ico they reviewed, but their review is not an indicator that the ico that gets a good rating is a promising ico.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 07:42:16 PM

Sometimes shit sometimes not. Maybe not all though, some rating platforms are for profit and if you would join ICO’s official telegram channel they will ask you to vote their project. It seems that they will have to beg people to vote their project. One factor that makes it good also is investors depend on it as the basis of their investment. They think the higher the rating the more reliable the project is.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:42:40 PM

I have noticed on many occasions that on rating platforms unjustifiably high marks were given to frankly bad projects. Apparently they get a good "reward" for manipulating the rating, otherwise it's not clear why they do it.
I'm no longer guided by the rating platform in choice of ICO.
Rexxxem

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:29:49 PM

I'd say most of them are, probably. Icodrops are legit. They do diligent research and pretty transparent. Not sure about others.
sirengutou

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:30:58 AM

I think you are a very smart person. Our ideas are basically the same. I also do not believe in the rating platform. I think there are benefits here. So it is a scam.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:52:08 AM

What do you think?
The ico rating platforms are all scams. Their rating does not depend on considerable judgment. Instead, they collect more money to give you a better rating. Even if it is a shit, it is only willing to pay for those rating platforms. Can also get a high rating.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: