Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:41:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: İco rating sites and ethics  (Read 84 times)
Bonheur (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 08:24:36 AM

You may already heard the talks about the ico rating sites' doing business with projects.Doing business is not wrong but what about ethics.
My question is that, does decentralisation gave too much power to ico rating sites? For a lot of icos the  ratings of these big rating sites are important that it makes the project to make it or break it.
Nowadays there are news that these sites abuse that power.The thing with the foreverhasfallen ceo and then the news that an ico that plagerased its white paper get some experts of a big site in their team and got high scores without the mension of playstation.
İt came to that it looks like a hostage situation for projects.A review can destroy a project.But if you don't get a review it raises questions.
For me, decentralisation means no central power group that can abuse its power.
Yes I know we need experts to review projects but it looks like these sites and experts are becoming a central power.new power groups are emerging.And İ believe it is against the mind set of cryptocurrency.
bakery506

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:30:19 AM

Since ancient times, all morality is not worth mentioning in front of money and interest! Even if some people or platforms insist on morality, they can't work in this circle! Maybe I thought it was too pessimistic.
roshanfious

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:45:46 AM

Yes! You are already knowledged.  But you know why one of project process ICO and take success must promote that project because when one of influencer, business advisor, blockchain expert review will make comments and say good things about the characters that will score good if the project is really good. Because if they make good decisions they will get better commissions. I think so.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: