Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:11:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which indicator's are best for BUY decision?  (Read 289 times)
tesla80 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 89

Full Stack Engineer

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:11:55 AM

Warning: Except RSI and MACD please.

The news are important as all know that but TA indicators help for decision too.
Lets talk about only the BUY decision here, lets choose some indicators and tune them with optimal values to show us the optimal moment for buy decision.

Which indicator's are best for BUY decision?

Thanks for valued answers from now.

Cyber Security, Mobile Security, Web/Desktop/Embedded Programming, Electronics, M2M, IoT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:17:13 PM

Nice and educating thread. The trend line is very good to indicate a buying time. This indicator shows the trend that the market is and you can also know if the trend is being exhausted (though with other indicators). Anyways, you always should combine other indicators to confirm your buy position.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:28:34 PM

Recently I've started using Ichimoku Cloud. It is a sort of several indicators packed into one.
It can help you recognize support or resistance levels and the approximate moments of trend reversals.
It works equally well for BUY and SELL decisions. If you choose to get into Ichimoku, here is a great
youtube video:

How to Use the Ichimoku Cloud - Technical Analysis Series

I promise you it's entirely worth your time.
FalcoonRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:38:21 PM

before buying a coin you should first see the history of the coin, whether the coin is fit to buy at a price that much and you have to read a lot of news about the coin, whether the coin has a good potential or not.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:06:54 PM

The news are important as all know that but TA indicators help for decision too.
Lets talk about only the BUY decision here, lets choose some indicators and tune them with optimal values to show us the optimal moment for buy decision.

I have studied how some technical indicators react to bullish momentum and among the indicators tested I think pin bar remains the most accurate in predicting both buying and selling momentum.  We are to do the combination of both technical and fundamentals analysis if we want to actually succeed in trading.  You should also need to know that trading is a very risky venture and you should develop your own indicators that suit your trading plan.
triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:02:18 PM

Have you tried using Bollinger Band in your trading before? if not then start augmenting it into it now. Bollinger Band is plotted two standard deviations away from a simple moving average. It is base on this principle , the closer the prices move to the upper band, the more overbought the market, and the closer the prices move to the lower band, the more oversold the market. This can help you to time the buy and sell of any coin.

tesla80 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 89

Full Stack Engineer

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:22:12 PM

Have you tried using Bollinger Band in your trading before? if not then start augmenting it into it now. Bollinger Band is plotted two standard deviations away from a simple moving average. It is base on this principle , the closer the prices move to the upper band, the more overbought the market, and the closer the prices move to the lower band, the more oversold the market. This can help you to time the buy and sell of any coin.
Hello, I know BB but I didn't test it seriously, so I don't have knowledge of good parameters. You can share if you have some good ones. I heard about Bollinger BandWidth indicator also, maybe it is better one? We can see the tensions with this. What do you think?

Cyber Security, Mobile Security, Web/Desktop/Embedded Programming, Electronics, M2M, IoT
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 03:30:51 PM

There is no thing as the best indicator for BUY decision because traders have different strategies. Aside from RSI and MACD which you have disregarded already, I am using Bollinger Bands and Stochastic RSI in trading. These 2 are the ones I used always although there are times that it is not working, its only an indicator and if it always works there are no traders who are losing right now. You need to pick an indicator that suits you in trading.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:03:27 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 05:04:32 PM by Tytanowy Janusz

There is no thing as the best indicator for BUY decision because traders have different strategies. Aside from RSI and MACD which you have disregarded already, I am using Bollinger Bands and Stochastic RSI in trading. These 2 are the ones I used always although there are times that it is not working, its only an indicator and if it always works there are no traders who are losing right now. You need to pick an indicator that suits you in trading.
although there are times that it is not working - agreed !

Just buy the deep. be on market every day and you will know when the deep is. You will feel it. I know it sound stupid and it looks like a 6 yo kid wrote it but there is no working indicator. RSI will be below 30 for weeks in bear market and for 1 s with huge pump after it in bull market. Price act different during bear and bull market. When market is stabitalizing after bull will act different and when it will stabilize after bear too. I was trading stock for years beafore i jump to crypto. Ive tried sooo many indicators. Even if some of them worked great then market change direction/speed and it become rabish.

Nothing will replace expirienced trader. How to become one? Make as manny trades as you can with as low bet as you can. Do a lot of mistakes and learn from each. After some times you will earn money but then market will change its speed and you will need to learn new things.

Many of this indicators was made years ago. When there were sell trading bots, no IA bots and they were invented to trade on stocks with low variability (and no arbitrage from dozens of exchanges). Many of them was made in times when you want to make transaction you need to call your brokeror even go to exchange and in personally make transaction. They just dont work here. And even if than they wont when market will change a bit.

When i came to the market and my first impression is "wtf is this soo cheep". then i look at the chart and see so much panic and irracional sell than I just simply know that it will be pumped in next few days becouse if I was a whale ill pump it -  i wont miss that oportunity.

Whales dont look at indicators.

We all know that 90% investor are loosing on stock market. So this 10% gets all money lost from 90% invetors. They get 10 times more than each one from this 90% lose. To earn that much you need to put huge money into market. This is simple math that shows that only whales are winning on market. To earn you need to swin close them. And they are not looking on bolinger. They are showing you buy opportunity when they wont to sell to have higher demand. Crypto maket is quite different because we are in bull market since 2008 (with small correction - even 19000-6000 is small correction according to fact that it was worth <1$ few years ago). Its easier to earn but whale earns much more.
manggis97

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:45:23 AM

In crypto trading i used only 3 different indikator,  that is 2 Moving average periode 15 and 40, second one is trend line and RSI ( relative Streng Index).  This all indikator is usefull to predict the price will reversal and keep continue following the trend.

Ruslanabramov748

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:43:45 PM

The best indicator is technical analysis Cool
Aniadec

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:39:48 PM

The best buy indicator is a simple line (support line). You must draw it due to the high volume candles in the past (daily time frame).
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:27:38 AM

In my opinion best indicator for buy decision is golden cross of 2  moving average, volume, CCI and trendline. Signal from golden cross of moving average is good to use to looking for reversal point.

Agapelove

Activity: 425

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:00:36 PM

Some successful traders don't actually rely on several indicators. Better if you just use one or two trading indicators for buying. Set your own identity and strategy in trading. Shifting from one indicator to another might give you losses.
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:37:55 PM

Well I am not an expert trader but I've been here for almost 2 years and I think that most important indicator for a pump is social media . If a important man comes in the front of TV / social media and is starting talking about a virtual coin surely there will be a pump
jakolinko

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 04:12:54 PM

There is no indicator which is going to tell you when to buy or sell. They are lagging and you simply cannot rely only on indicators. Try using simple support & resistance lines connected with volume and price action. This should solve all your problems
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:29:48 PM

Well I am not an expert trader but I've been here for almost 2 years and I think that most important indicator for a pump is social media . If a important man comes in the front of TV / social media and is starting talking about a virtual coin surely there will be a pump
Fundamentals are important but not all the times it can really give out some affect on the markets price.If theres a fud then expect either it would just stay or would decrease but one rule i do always follow
is when theres a positive news its better to sell out immediately rather than on buying or accumulating even more.These are the things on where most traders do commit mistake.Doing fomo
when seeing bullish news without even realizing that they are already behind.

There is no indicator which is going to tell you when to buy or sell. They are lagging and you simply cannot rely only on indicators. Try using simple support & resistance lines connected with volume and price action. This should solve all your problems
Price actions is good but with volatility it will really give you some headache. Grin

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
raghovsing34

Activity: 333
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 05:26:34 PM

There have lot of indications for buying zone. But I'm not a professional crypto traders. That's why I can't tell you about right indications. But I like to use RSI and MACD indicators for trading.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:57:23 PM

asside from RSI and MACD i prefer using bollinger bands. i always trade in the upper bollinger area to suffice my worries in dumps. i also use fibo to trace my target. hope it would help.
SaltedCrypto

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:13:07 PM

For me the best indicator to enter the market is Moving Average and Bollinger Band
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: