Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:56:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to be a Good Translator?  (Read 109 times)
Cajn1 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:18:02 PM

Hi, im a newbie translator with 6 ICO translated.
Can someone give me an advice on how to be a Good Translator. What should I do to acquire more translation bounty? Should I beg or just fill up the form and walk away if not accepted?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gbale

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:00:48 PM

I also want to learn to be a translator of one of the languages. and maybe in this thread an experienced teacher will share knowledge for the newbie

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
saerlingen

Activity: 152
Merit: 4

Bet you won't click the signature link.

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:32:41 PM

If you are serious about it, then I recommend keeping tabs on all the work you do and reference all of it when applying for new translation jobs.

This way, you will stand out a lot in the threads, among all the other applicants with few, or none, job references included.

It would also be a good idea to make a thread for your service, so that work can come directly to you. This will of course be more effective when you have some reputation and previous work to show.

Then there is the generic stuff, like understandable communication, being able to keep agreements etc.   

Also probably unnecessary to say, but don't use translation tools. Even if it is a paid one and its super, super good. Natural Language Processing is not at all flawless.

Best of luck with it !

Godfather of Faucets (https://freebitco.in/?r=2033803)
Cajn1 (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:17:05 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2018, 01:03:39 AM by Cajn1

If you are serious about it, then I recommend keeping tabs on all the work you do and reference all of it when applying for new translation jobs.

This way, you will stand out a lot in the threads, among all the other applicants with few, or none, job references included.

It would also be a good idea to make a thread for your service, so that work can come directly to you. This will of course be more effective when you have some reputation and previous work to show.

Then there is the generic stuff, like understandable communication, being able to keep agreements etc.  

Also probably unnecessary to say, but don't use translation tools. Even if it is a paid one and its super, super good. Natural Language Processing is not at all flawless.

Best of luck with it !

Making thread for your translation is really good idea but its hard to be wait for the job. Lots of competation and also they are fast submitting application to the bounty thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: