Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:03:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: characteristic of airdrop scam  (Read 126 times)
Yudi96 (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:55:18 PM

For beginners in careful participation in airdrop, easy way of knowing the airdrop scam:
1. Airdrop type sent 0 ETH
2. Airdrop type form
3. Airdrop by requesting to enter privatekey
4. airdrop type Sent 0.001ETH - 0.1 ETH
5. Check official twitter DM admin if he held airdrop.

it's some of the characteristics of scam airdrop be careful in using email do not use the primary email connected to the exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:42:53 AM

I would like to add another thing to your list. Some airdrops ask KYC documents to get their tokens. It seems like a scam. They are going to steal your identification documents. Be careful guys. My personal advice is don't submit your identification documents to airdrop forms.
Tektesh

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:03:16 AM

For beginners in careful participation in airdrop, easy way of knowing the airdrop scam:
1. Airdrop type sent 0 ETH
2. Airdrop type form
5. Check official twitter DM admin if he held airdrop.

it's some of the characteristics of scam airdrop be careful in using email do not use the primary email connected to the exchange.

Thanks so much for this information it will really help me as I've been struggling to weed out which airdrops are scams, are there any other factors that I could look at when determining whether an airdrop is a scam? or will this information provided be enough to differentiate between scams and legitimate airdrops ?
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:57:19 AM

I would like to add another thing to your list. Some airdrops ask KYC documents to get their tokens. It seems like a scam. They are going to steal your identification documents. Be careful guys. My personal advice is don't submit your identification documents to airdrop forms.

Just because they implement KYC doesn't mean they're automatically out to scam you or steal your data. That being said, this does put them in better position to do such things, so you should always be careful about sharing your information. I strongly advise against it as it's almost never worth it.

green_fish

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:24:38 PM

Airdrops are free, if you need to transfer ETH to the other party!
This is definitely a scam. This is a scam designed by scammers!
Never reveal your private key! This is the most important thing!
CryptoDave72

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:55:08 PM

I'm very new and ALMOST fell into the private key trap. Please beware and keep helping others on this forum like I was helped!
Goodnuel
Copper Member

Activity: 381

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 01:03:58 PM

Very insightful.. I was close to falling for the submit private keys. They said I needed to verify my wallet address by verifying my wallet, using my wallet keys.. Be careful guys.

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:29:32 PM

Almost anything that would seem suspicious to you (maybe your guts told you so), are probably scams. Airdrops usually asks for your email, username, and ETH address but if things turned out like this, asking for your private keys and such, then it's probably a SCAM and it's trying to phish your datas. If tou think you've been phished, immediately reset your private keys. You might save your account with this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: