Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:23:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much money will mtgox need for the trial?  (Read 2332 times)
nighteyes

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 06:42:33 PM

I'm pretty sure that mtgox publishes trade data back to the beginning of time, so if you are interested in replacing your faith with evidence, you should be able to figure out how to come up with a reasonable estimate of how much income mtgox has generated.....

You do know that adding more supply to a market lowers prices, right?  And so in your hypothetical example, if they decided to sell, it would make the price go down, and not up.

I dont have to supply trade data to back it up. All I do is say each trade is another hoarded coin. Then I say over the long run without ceding market share, they win. A monopoly that becomes too big for its own good. I understand you are in it for the short term so you dont care.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 07:47:22 PM

I'm pretty sure that mtgox publishes trade data back to the beginning of time, so if you are interested in replacing your faith with evidence, you should be able to figure out how to come up with a reasonable estimate of how much income mtgox has generated.....

You do know that adding more supply to a market lowers prices, right?  And so in your hypothetical example, if they decided to sell, it would make the price go down, and not up.

I dont have to supply trade data to back it up. All I do is say each trade is another hoarded coin. Then I say over the long run without ceding market share, they win. A monopoly that becomes too big for its own good. I understand you are in it for the short term so you dont care.

You are right.  You don't have to do anything at all.  Debate is much easier when you can just make shit up and say whatever you want.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: