Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:34:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt currency short term/February speculation  (Read 602 times)
Jeezy911 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:50:06 PM

Looks to be an interesting month with a few big things about to happen. Should we expect low volume/flat movement for the CNY? A couple notable events.

-Chinese Exchanges reorganization, Will the Chinese government agree with BTC Chinas interpretation of the new law?
-Scharmbeck Alpha should be up, speed matters, WDC price movement?
-Dogecoin block halving- huge deal?
-Etherium launch- much buzz associated with it, usually means good for investors. Feels similar to Mastercoin launch, those investors saw 1000%+ gains.

Thoughts?

frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:30:08 PM

Interesting month truly. republicans says yaaay lets all have unlimited debt. What else we got, Venezuela, argentina, turkey just about broken, reports as always of people not allowed their own cash by their banks + atms not dispensing.
Lot of things to make btc move higher, alt may follow who knows... not so convinced we will ever see the craziness of this nov/dec last for the alts again, but still hope
Jeezy911 (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:27:09 PM

Good prospective, its hard to look at things from a "Global" point of view from a living room in America. They say investing is an art, not a science, you must distinguish news that does affect price from news that doesn't.

Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:48:32 PM

Etherium could turn out to be a decent launch. I really supported the coin until the IPO when companies bought in...This is the first coin with businesses investing during the IPO and that scares me (the decentralized libertarian side o me), although it could mean that the coin succeeds because of it (as I believe centralization is more efficient, although less fair).

Don't expect much from Scharmbeck in terms of growth over February. Its a necessary project for a crypto's infrastructure - but it won't be producing investment results this early on. Its main purpose is a USD --> WDC right? Coins have this on coinmkt.com and thevaultofsatoshi and it doesn't really shoot prices up even when they're first added. Look at the volume from the vault of satoshi's first day:

Not too impressive (outside of Doge). Primecoin, FTC, and NMC are all large coins that saw pretty much no volume. Quark was somewhat surprising with its volume almost matching LTC considering that Quark already has USD --> QRK exchanges.

As for the China crypto scene: This is an extremely confusing area because of how banks interact with the government. I personally think that the market will have a short term rise (and possible fall back to where we are) pretty soon because there was a lot of FUD about the Chinese completely leaving cryptocurrencies. I think they are here to stay and investment will increase if this is true. As for the popular coins in China? Bitcoin, Doge, and Quark. I hate Doge, and will stand by my thinking that it is a bad investment for medium and long-term, but it will probably go up during february. Not only does block halving = fewer new coins every day, but the Chinese fucking love Doge. Surprisingly, they love Quark too which is consistently the 2nd most traded coin in China (Doge and Quark beat out LTC somehow, and PPC isn't even considered).

Just my 2 coins

Producer
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:59:41 PM

February will start with a bang. I think we will see a steep rise in prices this weekend. I could be wrong, but I'm looking forward to trading.
Jeezy911 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:54:40 AM

"Don't expect much from Scharmbeck in terms of growth over February. Its a necessary project for a crypto's infrastructure - but it won't be producing investment results this early on. Its main purpose is a USD --> WDC right? Coins have this on coinmkt.com and thevaultofsatoshi and it doesn't really shoot prices up even when they're first added. Look at the volume from the vault of satoshi's first day:"

No its biggest selling point is WDC-USD through ACH(bank account) Aka coinbase. The difference is speed. Have you ever transfered coins out of Coinbase and waited for hours for the transaction to go through? Scharmbeck solves that problem essentially, just cash out through WDC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: