Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:04:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you...?
Sponsor a board spot for $325-$450 (PM me) - 5 (16.7%)
Buy a game for $27.99 or less - 9 (30%)
Buy 2 or more games - 1 (3.3%)
Not interested - 15 (50%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinopoly by Christmas... UPDATED 9/15  (Read 2940 times)
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 12:02:11 AM

Why make a board game on print with an electronic currency? I don't understand that. Instead of investing in print...you should make it a regular online game. People use money from their own wallets and deposit it in their monopoly account. Maybe 1 BTC per game per player. The winner at the end of the game gets a percent of BTC if they win and the monopoly website gets 1 BTC per game. The 1 BTC per game will be for up keep on the website and money to allocate to programmers for payment for future bug fixes and features to be added. Also you can have an API off the exchange for the value of the BTC. Print is dead. Go green brother. Besides you can target a larger market with this. I’d see if you can get a group of programmers together to help you with the project and get donations from the community. Just a suggestion.

you suck, you know that right? half the fun of monopoly is counting the money. if you ever played any electric kind of monopoly you would understand, it simply isn't the same.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCGameMaker (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 05:47:06 PM

im pretty sure that this is not lawful, but i don't think its a big deal, after all i support PPI.

overall its a good idea i guess, how much would 1 game cost.

OK so one more time.  This is completely legal as long as we don't use anything that is copyrighted by Hasbro.  A LOT of people have done this before.  We're not treading on new ground.  We're just doing what has already been done except with Bitcoin which is obviously way cooler.  Smiley
Anonymous

September 16, 2011, 05:52:48 PM

Quite frankly, this isn't very professional.
Zman0101

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 07:47:25 PM

If you are so concerned about copyrights...Just don't call it Bitopoly . Make sure you make one of the community chest questions , " YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED BY CTOON6...PAY $200 DOLLARS FOR A YUBIKEY...DON'T PASS GO! " 

ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 09:49:43 PM

If you are so concerned about copyrights...Just don't call it Bitopoly . Make sure you make one of the community chest questions , " YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED BY CTOON6...PAY $200 DOLLARS FOR A YUBIKEY...DON'T PASS GO! " 

lol. i take back my comment. but honestly, i think the entire concept of monopoly is copywronged.

BTCGameMaker (OP)

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 10:34:31 PM

LOL I was actually thinking something along that lines.  Instead of the Go to Jail space, have You've Been Hacked space and instead of Jail have Server Down or Offline.

Instead of Go have Genesis Block.

Instead of Free Parking have Community Bounty.

I honestly think this could be an awesome game if we can throw it together in time.  I'm going to start contacting businesses on Monday to see if I can put enough people together.  And I get what you're saying about a digital version as opposed to a physical version.  We're actually working on an online game for Bitcoins that is completely unrelated to this project.

But ctoon6 kind of has a point.  We still live in the physical world and there is something about having a physical item in our hands that makes it more valuable to us.  I think the physical game could be a really good thing for the community.  It is a great way to start a conversation about Bitcoins.  Invite people over for game night and inevitably they're going to ask what Bitcoins are.  Obviously the game isn't an accurate representation of how Bitcoins actually operate, but that's not really the point.  Instead it's more about tying a subject we want to tell more people about to a game they already know and enjoy.  The rest is sort of self fulfilling.

Of course if I don't get the game made that's all irrelevant  Wink Like I said, on Monday I'll start pounding the pavement so to speak.
JohnnyCashout

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:31:07 AM

instead of houses and hotels, you add GPU's and.... ?

what would the little pieces be besides the standard monopoly pieces?  and of course will prices be in BTC and the 'monopoly money' be (fake) bitbills ?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: