Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:36:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin wallet frustration  (Read 746 times)
fasteddie9987 (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:52:25 PM

I've just come to open my dogecoin wallet for the first time in 20 days as I fancied buying a little more doge Smiley
However, it's been syncing with the network for the past 12 hours now and theres still 16 days left of data to go.  Am I missing something here as to why it's taking sooooooooooo long?  I did the last update at the beginning of jan when there was that block chain beef so I don't know why it's taking so long.  How do other users on here put up with the block downloading times?
ubi4doges

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:15:04 PM

do you have the v1.5 of the wallet?? it should sync faster

"We will create a civilization of the Mind in Cyberspace. May it be more humane and fair than the world your governments have made before." - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace. John Perry Barlow. Davos, Switzerland. February 8, 1996
fasteddie9987 (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:32:11 PM

do you have the v1.5 of the wallet?? it should sync faster
I've updated the wallet and it is downloading faster now. cheers
parrot

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:51:21 AM

I have the same problem. If I update the wallet will the address change? Its because I have bought some more coins but haven't recieved them yet because of the sync is super slow, however the seller has sent them. I don't want to lose the coins in cyberspace if I update my wallet.
rikkie

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 12:10:27 PM

I've also troubles with my wallet.
I think to delete my wallet and restart with a new donwload.
fasteddie9987 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:03:16 PM

I have the same problem. If I update the wallet will the address change? Its because I have bought some more coins but haven't recieved them yet because of the sync is super slow, however the seller has sent them. I don't want to lose the coins in cyberspace if I update my wallet.

Nope, the client is what you are updating.  You will still have the same addresses.  The wallet.dat file is the file that saves your addresses so just make sure you have a copy of this in a safe place just in case.
fasteddie9987 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:07:16 PM

I've about 4 days left worth of blockchain to download. It seems to download pretty fast then just stall over a few blocks for ages before picking up speed again. 
xIronCrossx

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:09:54 PM

I've noticed it takes quite a bit of CPU power to actually sync up(bit coin is the worst for this). It's noticeably slower on my older PC compared to my 3770k.

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
tompa555

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:05:39 PM

i used desktop wallet to before but i don't wanna synchronized my wallet every day so i opened online wallet and i am satisfied wit it. i open it on DogeValut.com and i like it. i suggest you give it a try .

♔ PrimeDice.com | The Best Way To Roll ! | Free BTC Faucet | Instant Play & Chat  [Thread] @PrimeDice
Donations are more than welcome: BTC: 19KKRcKJsFVTCzspXvhTYULrAecB7cvJDy DODGE: DP4etPsqasN1y8pkbh8HNiococh7izgEQy
xIronCrossx

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:48:46 AM

i used desktop wallet to before but i don't wanna synchronized my wallet every day so i opened online wallet and i am satisfied wit it. i open it on DogeValut.com and i like it. i suggest you give it a try .

And people like you still haven't learned. Enjoy, but don't come bitching that someone stole your coin when it happens.

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:53:15 AM

I've just come to open my dogecoin wallet for the first time in 20 days as I fancied buying a little more doge Smiley
However, it's been syncing with the network for the past 12 hours now and theres still 16 days left of data to go.  Am I missing something here as to why it's taking sooooooooooo long?  I did the last update at the beginning of jan when there was that block chain beef so I don't know why it's taking so long.  How do other users on here put up with the block downloading times?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: