Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:36:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO]Apis Token: The first Hedge Fund Token - Proven Performance  (Read 221 times)
ApisCapital (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 06:00:22 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 09:07:38 PM by ApisCapital

Apis Token is the first tokenized hedge fund strategy, focused on algorithmic, signal based volatility trading strategy in the S&P 500 Options and VIX Futures markets, with a proven track record and a management team with over 15 years securities trading experience. It is built on the powerful Stellar network, which is the most efficient, fastest and secure block chain protocol currently available

||| PERFORMANCE |||

The strategy powering the Apis Token has returned 192% since January 2016.

||| BENEFITS |||

||| Built on Stellar ||| Fully Liquid: Instantly tradeable on Stellar Decentralized Exchange ||| Proven Track Record |||  No Minimum Investment ||| No Management or Incentive Fees ||| | US Investors Defer Tax Indefinitely |||

||| FAQ|||

What is the Apis Token?
The Apis Token is the first tokenized hedge fund strategy, focused on an algorithmic, signal based volatility trading strategy, with a proven track record. The Apis Token is built on Stellar, the most efficient, secure and fastest blockchain protocol currently available.

How does the strategy generate profits?
The strategy, managed by Apis Capital Management, focused on trading volatility in the S&P 500 Options and VIX Futures markets, taking advantages of psychological patterns identified through careful market analysis based on 15 years of trading experience. In general, the strategy sells volatility risk premium in VIX futures and equity risk premium in S&P 500 options, dynamically rotating between two complementary algorithms enabling it to maximize profits in multiple market scenarios, including down, up and sideways markets.

How long does the ICO run?
The current pre-sale for the Apis Token run from June 1st to June 27th. Unlike a traditional ICO, funds invested into the Apis Token during the pre-sale will be immediately allocated to the strategy on July 1st, and the Apis Tokens for those investors issued at that time, enabling early investors to begin earning profits. Afte July 1st, we will move to the Phase I of the public sale.

What is the advantage of investing in pre-sale or ICO versus investing after?
Investors in the pre-sale or "ICO" benefit from their investment earning profits earlier, and also benefit from a discounted initial offering price. The current ICO price is $1 USD for 1 APIS token, while the pre-sale discount is 10%, allowing investors to buy 1 APIS token at $0.90. As the token will continue increasing in value, future Apis Token investors will be forced to invest at higher and higher prices, having given up the earlier profits that early investors have received.

Why is investing in the Apis Token better than investing in the fund directly?
While Apis Capital Management has accepted and will continue to accept direct investment into the ACM Market Neutral Volatility Strategy Fund as Limited Partners, investors can benefit from multiple advantages of investing in the Apis Token.

Investors will be able to have full liquidity of their Apis Token by being able to trade it peer to peer on the Stellar DEX (please note, purchase by or sale to US persons who are non-accredited investors is currently prohibited, Apis Token holders are responsible for following these rules)
There are no minimum investment requirements for Apis Token, whereas the ACM Fund is limited to $250,000 or more
The Apis Token benefits 100% from the profits generated by the strategy and is not subject to the 2% management fee and 20% incentive fee charge to ACM Fund LP investors. Investors benefit from compound interest, resulting in returns 350% higher over 10 years.
US investors holding Apis Tokens do not pay tax until they sell their tokens, unlike LP investors who must pay tax on profits every year even if they do not receive distributions from the fund. This can result in up to 300% higher return over 3 years.

Are there any restrictions for investing in Apis Tokens?
The Apis Token is currently available for investment by US Accredited Investors and all foreign investors (except those in North Korea, Syria, Cuba and Iran), subject to KYC/AML verification.

How will the Apis Token increase in value?
An investor holding an Apis Token has a right to redeem, at regularly scheduled intervals, their tokens for the pro-rata share of the Investment Balance Value . Investors can request their redemptions to be paid in $USD, BTC, ETH or XLM. As the underlying strategy earns profits, these are allocated to the Investment Balance, which grows, while the supply of tokens remains the same (because Apis Tokens are only issued when investment funds are received from investors).

For Example: If the Investment Balance is $10,000,000 and there are 1,000,000 Apis Tokens issued, each Apis Token is redeemable for $10 worth of BTC, ETH, XLM or USD. In the next month, if the strategy earns $500,000 in profits, the Investment Balance now has grown to $10,500,000 which now entitles every Apis Token holder to $10.50 per Apis Token.

Where can I trade the Apis Token?
Investors can trade the Apis Token anywhere they are legally permitted to. Currently, the Stellar Decentralized Exchange has listed the Apis Token and we expect others to soon.

Please note, purchase by or sale to US persons who are non-accredited investors is currently prohibited, Apis Token holders are responsible for following these rules)

What does the Apis Token actually entitle me to?
The Apis Token holder is entitled to redeem the Apis Token for the pro-rate share of the Investment Balance, which grows as the trading strategy generates profits.

How do I redeem my Apis Tokens?
Investors are able to redeem Apis Tokens at regularly scheduled intervals (currently set at 12 months from initial issuance) by making a redemption request to Apis Capital Management not less than 30 days before they wish to redeem their tokens. The investor will then send the quantity of Apis Tokens they wish to redeem and specify the method of payment for their redemption. At the redemption date, the investors will receive the pro-rata share of the Investment Balance on that date.

What can I redeem my Apis Tokens for?
Investors currently may redeem Apis Tokens for $USD, BTC, ETH and XLM, although additional currencies will likely be supported later.

Current Pricing: $1.00 per 1 APIS

Pricing as of September 1st will depend on the performance of the fund in August.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:33:25 AM

so how much is 1 token?

ApisCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 07:09:36 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2018, 10:32:37 PM by ApisCapital

One Apis Token is currently $1.00 (payable in USD, BTC, ETH or XLM). In our June pre-sale, we are able to provide a 10% discount ($0.90 per Apis Token). All funds collected in the pre-sale in June will be directly invested in the strategy on July 1st and the Apis Tokens issued to pre-sale investors (so you don't have to wait to get your tokens).
bazhin111

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:40:29 AM

I see that you have a lot of experience in the field of securities, and the price of the token is very appropriate, I'm a little silly in this regard, could you explain to me what a hedge Fund is and what tasks it performs
ApisCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 01:29:52 PM

I see that you have a lot of experience in the field of securities, and the price of the token is very appropriate, I'm a little silly in this regard, could you explain to me what a hedge Fund is and what tasks it performs

Thank you. We are happy to explain. In fact, that is the reason why we are offering our Apis Token, because many people do not understand hedge funds or how to profit from them. And even if they do, typically a hedge fund investment has only been available to the ultra-rich in the US, not to the everyday investor.

A hedge fund is an investment fund. It is run by a group of traders who should have a lot of experience in trading specific things. For example, a hedge fund may trade energy products (i.e buy and sell barrels of oil or natural gas). Or like in our case, we specialize in trading Volatility, which is a mathematical measure of the psychological state of the market. Our group of traders

The difference between a hedge fund a mutual fund or ETF is that a hedge fund allowed to have complete over their strategy and thus is able to earn much more profits. It's unfortunately a silly US law that mutual funds can actually only buy stocks (they can't trade volatility, can't short stocks they think will go down, they can't trade cryptocurrencies etc). This is bad because of this most mutual funds are useless and make no money for investors who might as well just buy the SPY ETF which is directly investing in the stock market. I have seen in my career mutual funds being sold as "safe
 and "good" to Mom and Pop investors (that's what we call the average investor in the USA) and over the years they lost a lot of money so the only people that got rich were the bankers.

As a hedge fund, we are not restricted by the mutual fund rules. We are able to have complete flexibility in how we trade. This has allowed us to develop a combination ERP/VRP strategy that takes advantage of the volatility mathematics in the market. We have extensively tested (over 10 years of data) and traded it live (over 2.5 years) with great results. One of the biggest advantages is that it's capable of generating profits both in up, down and sideways markets. Of course, it's not fool proof and it can have some months where it will not profit, but overall it has returned about 70% per year.

Tokenization of assets on the blockchain, and especially the Stellar protocol is what has allowed us to share our strategy and performance with the whole world and enable everyone to profit from our expertise. Hedge funds normally cannot accept small investments and have to charge large fees for administering the strategy, but in a Token like Apis Token, that problem is easily solved.

I hope that helped answer your questions!

xmGx

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:34:10 PM

What plans do you have for the tokens that are not sold in the preICO and ICO? Will be burned or blocked by smart contract?
ApisCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 03:02:49 PM

What plans do you have for the tokens that are not sold in the preICO and ICO? Will be burned or blocked by smart contract?

Great question. Tokens are only issued when they are sold/invested. The issuance is controlled with a multi-sign process, with Apis Capital Management having one signature and Tower Fund Services (an independent Third Party Administrator) having the second signature. This ensures that only when funds from investors are received are Apis Tokens issued. Therefore, there are no tokens to burn after the ICO.

You can see the current circulating supply in real time here: https://stellar.expert/explorer/public/asset/APIS-GCYKQ2627BPKMSUZJK64GPYVKD4TRNACP45X6B754PR6TCYJXCHGUTWB

This ensures there is never an oversupply of Apis Tokens and maximizes the profits investors receive.

It's important to remember that unlike many ICO's that invest in "projects" where it's not really known how investors will receive profits (just because a project is famous, doesn't mean its coin will go up in value in the long term), the Apis Token is asset backed by the Investment Balance of the strategy in the hedge fund.

Investors will always have the right to redeem their Apis Tokens for their pro-rata share of the Investment Balance, so the token will always go up in value as the strategy earns profits. When they do, that is in fact when those Apis Tokens will be burnt and taken out of circulation (which will be visible in the Stellar Blockchain Explorer as a decrease in the circulating supply)

It does NOT go up in value just because "someone else is buying it a higher price because it's famous" (which is the "Greater Fool Theory" powering many ICO's) but rather because it has actually accumulated real, $USD backed earnings in an independently verified and audited account. In fact, after June, we will publish monthly reports on our website from the third party auditor showing the exact Investment Balance "owned" by the Apis Token holders.
bodiesshoddygc

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:07:58 AM

Token API is the first high-risk strategy of the strategy, focusing on the trading algorithm according to the changing market. This makes investors start looking for answers soon. I like this idea very much and hope that the project will be successful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: