Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:30:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about Private Sale?  (Read 601 times)
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:58:29 PM

Private sales are a wonderful process in which people who are never known to the world take part, but they very often decide big. part of the costs that are needed to develop the project, so I think that they are necessary.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cynooza

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:58:47 PM

I believe Private Sale is a good thing for ICOs with narrow field of application as that lets them attract substantial funds at early stages. On the other hand, I would invest in an altcon (with own blockchain) which had a private sale as it would imply a high level of centralization.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:07:17 PM

Private sales are a wonderful process in which people who are never known to the world take part, but they very often decide big. part of the costs that are needed to develop the project, so I think that they are necessary.

In my own understanding. Private sale is a tool to trick investor. Do you notice that all private result on sold out of tokens without proof of purchase. They use it to attract more investor to invest since they know that there are a lot  investors already participated on private sale and the risk is very low for the project to turn scam.

mihelson

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

@crypto_pro01

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:12:04 PM

For such guys as we exist ICO pools. They unite people who want to invest in ICO but who do not have either the minimum amount to enter the project. ICO pool can also provide participation in closed sales and good bonuses and discounts. Here is an example of such a pool in the telegram @ICO_Private
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:12:37 PM

As such, there is an extreme hype in people like us. Quarkchain, for example.
I think they make hype like this.

I don't even know who managed to take part in the project (Quarkchain). It was a long journey with many trials. I looked at it with surprise. The team came up with more and more new stages, obstacles, conditions. Probably it was the longest preparation for ICO. And of course, the private sale is to blame for this. They privately sold almost all the tokens at once. Well, we will try to buy these tokens on the exchange until the price grows above the clouds.

xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:28:05 PM

In my own understanding. Private sale is a tool to trick investor. Do you notice that all private result on sold out of tokens without proof of purchase. They use it to attract more investor to invest since they know that there are a lot  investors already participated on private sale and the risk is very low for the project to turn scam.
I'm also thinking the same way. That "no proof of purchase" is also an issue to me. Who would know if the team is lying or not?
But I guess this is a really good technique to attract investors. I have known one project who claimed they almost sold all their tokens in the private sale leaving only a small portion to the main ICO. Then, the ICO ended in less than 2 days.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
jeungo

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:39:32 PM

I think this is a very cool investment tool, the developers are accurately getting information about who exactly participates in their project, more often such participants are focused on the result of the project and therefore less prone to panic. I wish that the conditions for such a sale were more lenient and the amounts were available to middle-income investors.
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:53:51 PM

What do you think about Private Sale?
Now the new ICOs attach importance to private sale. They sell to big investors secretly. A small amount is left for Ico. The remaining amount is selling out. As such, there is an extreme hype in people like us. Quarkchain, for example.
I think they make hype like this. After selling a small amount at Ico, it is going to the market x3 x4. And those who buy in private sale sell at these prices.
I do not like projects that do this. I totally think they are doing it to attract big investors. Because big investors are investing between 1000-5000 eth in one go.
for me honestly i don't really care about it, but if it can attract investors it must be good for the project. for example if i be investor and see the project have big funds to develop it, i will jump to that project because i know it can be success

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
limtjoehua

Activity: 216

Best solution for smart cities

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:02:10 PM

private sale may be good to achieve the soft cap project quickly, but the purchase should be limited and the allocation should be smaller than the main ico. if the allocation of private sale is greater and the bonus given is very high, then I am sure the project will experience an imbalance and it is difficult to make growth, specifically its price of its coins. the average coin will be held by a large investor and will potentially monopolize his coin.

━━━       CitiOS       ━━━     
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Best Solution for Smart Cities | Monetize the True Potential of Smart Cities ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    ● Reddit    ● Whitepaper
athiftammam2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:06:54 PM

In my opinion, the purpose of holding private sale in a sale is to offer the token they sell whether it will run smoothly or not. If the private sale has a good sale, then it is likely ICO sales will be good too. So this is not a bad thing. But investors should already know what decisions they will make regarding this.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:13:59 PM

Now the new ICOs attach importance to private sale. They sell to big investors secretly. A small amount is left for Ico. The remaining amount is selling out. As such, there is an extreme hype in people like us. Quarkchain, for example.
I think they make hype like this. After selling a small amount at Ico, it is going to the market x3 x4. And those who buy in private sale sell at these prices.
I do not like projects that do this. I totally think they are doing it to attract big investors. Because big investors are investing between 1000-5000 eth in one go.
I do not like projects that have private sale, so unfair for everyone! I want all exchanges to be open and transparent
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 03:14:37 PM

Do you really think that just the presence of a Private Sale stage creates hype around the project? Then you are mistaken: almost all of the ICOs have this stage, but so many of them just gather nothing or almost nothing during it, as they don't have any big investors or institutional investors, supporting their project. But this could be a good sign for you to decide whether you should join their public sale or not.

bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:37:44 PM

That cannot be helped. Private sale created to makes many investors buy their tokens, giving they guarantee that their ICO will be succeed.
You are quite wrong, the private investors tokens usually locked in certain period to prevent immediate dump after listing.
so you dont need to be afraid because private investors cannot sell their token yet.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
AzamNurWahid

Activity: 658
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:44:08 PM

Is not private sale very profitable for an ico because it reduces the amount of supply that is in ico so ico can run short but private sale for me is too risky because it is still the initial stage and not necessarily all interested investors... I prefer pre sale or ico

arun9900

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:17:33 PM

Private Sale bringing its perception up. Also, market (and for any crypto in general) if they take a faster adoption approach the dev team will be able to focus on what really matters, the product !!
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:21:57 PM

I think private sale is a very good step for ICO. If they're able to persuade funds to invest in their project, it gives them certain amount the credit and confidence for individual investors.
johnokeefe09

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:14:17 PM

Actually this is really a bad practice in the market. Since the industry is growing, we should avoid this kind of fake operation. Else at the end of the day we all will suffer. However, so for I think choosing ICO is very important for this operation.
N-gen

Activity: 289

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:23:34 PM

Private sale is one of the problems for ICO investors, but some projects severely limit private sale so that ICO investors gain more profit, we know with private sale, we can get more profit, and if you have more capital and want to invest in ICO, then joining a private sale is one good plan for future profit
goyald2801

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:46:05 PM

thats what they seems best for their project , you are right at your point that they do sell low portion just to create hype and gain big community .
but one more thing you missed is when project sell direct in public sale , people dump it even with x2 gain , while private investors buy in large portion and they do sell at right time , they also keep volume up which help project as well as those investors too .
also people do complaints if price dip little bit but in this case private investors don't complaint all the time . they instead help the project team .

so team decide to allocate only low portion so that it can be in hype and people buy it high on exchanges and price always above ico price .
few examples are - quarkchain , atonomi , phantasma .
vaso11

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:49:01 PM

I think that this is a certain transformation of the ISO market and there is nothing surprising. Previously, they took money in all and in very large quantities, and now the rules changed. Just need to become a big player and everything will be very cool

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: