Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Replying in a post  (Read 174 times)
pkmoney (OP)

Activity: 205
Merit: 29

Love yourself.

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:12:17 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2018, 08:24:03 AM by pkmoney

Some of us sometimes face an issue of getting delete of our replies by mod because some members from the forum report it. Reason behind report is of course, the quality of our reply.
However, how can someone make a constructive reply? Simply, everybody will say, "You need to have proper knowledge on English." I also agree on it. Without having knowledge on English, how can someone be able to write a proper reply.

But in which, I mostly give priority, is "Reading the OP." OP= Opening post. Sometimes, it means opening poster too. If you want to make a valueable reply, you must have read the whole OP. You need to understand and point out what the OP is about. Only then you will be able to make a quality reply. Reading doesn't mean that simply going through the OP rather it means, you have to understand.

If you are able to create a quality post or valueable post, your replies will never be reported by anyone.

Special Note: Asking sorry for any kind of mistakes. I'm not too good at English. For improvement of my English skills, I'm trying daily by writing a blog also reading some books.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:26:58 AM

Some of us sometimes face an issue of getting delete of our replies by mod because some members from the forum report it. Reason behind report is of course, the quality of our reply.

It is not the only reason why some replies in a particularly thread is getting deleted. It is also because a particular reply is either non constructive or off topic. In short, SPAM.

Actually, it doesn't need to your "English" to be really precise, as long as your giving full support to the idea of the topic and as long as you can deliver your statements properly then it will be just fine. But still, it is really much better to make it as constructive as you can.

I also agree on it. Without having knowledge on English, how can someone be able to write a proper reply.
As long as you can understand English, there will be no problem at all.

404 Not Found
evlogii

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:32:16 AM

If you are able to create a quality post or valueable post, your replies will never be reported by anyone.

Special Note: Asking sorry for any kind of mistakes. I'm not too good at English. For improvement of my English skills, I'm trying daily by writing a blog also reading some books.

Most of the spammers do this intentionally,they want activity in shortest time possible. So they do not are to read the whole post in OP.

And you English is fine, you will do good here. You are also trying to improve and that is appreciable. All the best.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 08:18:14 AM
Merited by mdayonliner (1)

Whilst we are discussing English - here are a few points.

A thread is a living stream of posts, so you would say "Replying in a thread"

If you are replying to the opening, or original, post, then you would say "Replying to a post"

Should you be commenting about a board, then the sentence is "Replying on the board"

For a comment relating to the whole forum, then it would be "Replying in the Bitcoin Talk forum"

If you reflect on the target entities, then you will see the logic behind the sentence structures. A forum is a venue for people to meet and discuss topics openly. A board is a noticeboard which was originally nailed on a tree or wall.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:02:34 AM

But in which, I mostly give priority, is "Reading the OP." OP= Opening post. Sometimes, it means opening poster too. If you want to make a valueable reply, you must have read the whole OP. You need to understand and point out what the OP is about. Only then you will be able to make a quality reply. Reading doesn't mean that simply going through the OP rather it means, you have to understand.
reading the first post and replying appropriately doesn't guarantee your post won't be deleted
if you didn't read the whole thread, at least the last few pages, there's a chance you're repeating someone's comment
and some other users might report your post as spam or low quality for repeating the idea
it's important to follow how far the discussion has evolved, so you can continue to contribute new perspective or idea to it

btw, isn't OP short for Original Post(er)?

Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 09:18:08 AM

btw, isn't OP short for Original Post(er)?

I've always understood that, but I think I prefer "opening post", it seems to be a bit more apposite.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 09:20:41 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2018, 10:18:56 AM by TheUltraElite

However, how can someone make a constructive reply? Simply, everybody will say, "You need to have proper knowledge on English." I also agree on it. Without having knowledge on English, how can someone be able to write a proper reply.
Talking about this in other threads before this - still I have to repeat myself. Posting here in the forum requires to have at least a decent grip on English if you are going to post in the Non-Local boards. If you just want to post without having the hassle of learning a new language then refrain from posting here and there and stick to your local board.

You are trying to oversimplify the general forum etiquette in order to get some merits. Give us a break. I appreciate your effort but you are not getting any "appreciation from me."

Also your replies should not be simply the reply to the OP. You should try to address some posters above you to answer any query that may have risen or something you want to add your points to.

In order to make your life easy I can give you one advice - stick to the local boards. Learning a new language is not a piece of cake. If you can spend time to learn a new language then you might as well try to get a job.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:49:29 AM

reading the first post and replying appropriately doesn't guarantee your post won't be deleted
if you didn't read the whole thread, at least the last few pages, there's a chance you're repeating someone's comment

Yeah, this is the real issue. People only reading the OP and ignoring the rest of the conversation. You can open any thread with 50+ replies in Bitcoin or Altcoin Discussion and see exactly what I mean - there isn't an original thought after the first 10 or so replies, just people rehashing the same statements.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 09:57:37 AM

Yeah, this is the real issue. People only reading the OP and ignoring the rest of the conversation. You can open any thread with 50+ replies in Bitcoin or Altcoin Discussion and see exactly what I mean - there isn't an original thought after the first 10 or so replies, just people rehashing the same statements.

I touched on this in my 'walking the plank' entry yesterday. I listed some post that i thought were particularly bad practice, and I'll probably add a few more today.

https://talkmerit.com/the-source/index.php/plank/particularly-bad-posts-that-i

I hope that by awarding merits to good posts, and producing lists like the one above, I can make a small improvement to the posting quality here. Unfortunately, I don't think that most of the bounty spammers care, and eventually the forum will have to resort to heavy moderation.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: