Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 08:09:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Max GPU on this motherboard  (Read 443 times)
phaddie (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:26:29 PM

Hey guys,

I have a ASUS P8-Z68-v PRO

https://www.aASUS P8-Z68-v PROsus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V_PRO/#specifications

I currently have 2 X r9 290 on it with a third coming tomorrow.  Will I be able to add a 4th or 5th card to this board?

I have been unable to determine this from the specs.  It looks like it has plenty of pci slots, I jus lack the knowledge to determine how many I can use for my GPU.

Thank you in advance

Phad.
markonegolf

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:36:49 PM

I have pretty much the same motherboard as you - I have an ASUS P8Z68-v LX

I currently have 2 R9 280x cards running on it. I am using risers for those, connected to the PCIe x16 slots. I also have another two of the same cards connected to the x1 slots with powered risers. I CANNOT get them to work though! I have tried everything I can find online - swapping cards/risers, changing motherboard BIOS settings and even installing jumper cables into the x1 slots. Nothing seems to get the other two cards to work though. There is power going to them; both green lights and both fans are spinning on ALL cards, just windows and CGminer are only detecting two cards.

If you find out how to get it running please let me know! I am desperate to get all four cards running on my system!

"Pass the Flutter" - FSpxENdbsdAUSBzMpo7gCHGjyXS8k3Fi4p
phaddie (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:41:00 PM

As of right now I have 3 290's running on my board.  All using powered risers in the 16x slots.  I hope to add at least 1 more.  I will let you know when I get it (hopefully couple of weeks)

Phad
markonegolf

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:44:19 PM

Ahhh, I just googled your Mobo and you have an extra x16 compared to mine.

And yeah, please let me know if you find out how to get extra cards running from the x1 slots!

Cheers!

"Pass the Flutter" - FSpxENdbsdAUSBzMpo7gCHGjyXS8k3Fi4p
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: