Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:14:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Subscription Services?  (Read 802 times)
bitstarter (OP)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

BitcoinStarter.com Support Account

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 03:00:20 AM

Anyone know of any service being provided to the Bitcoin Community for a re-occurring bitcoin subscription service?

Thanks in advance.

Bitcoin Crowd Funding! Bitcoinstarter.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 03:08:07 AM

i'd also be interested in a wallet service that could do this.

hopefully walletbit.com or traedhill's bitcoin.com will provide such functionality soon.
bitstarter (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 03:09:07 AM

hopefully walletbit.com or traedhill's bitcoin.com will provide such functionality soon.

I know I've been waiting for this to come from someone around here even thought about doing it myself. Maybe a bounty is in order?

payb.tc

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 03:11:35 AM

I know I've been waiting for this to come from someone around here even thought about doing it myself. Maybe a bounty is in order?

such a service would make quite a bit of commission, and would be in the interests of walletbit.com to set it up... so i'm surprised a bounty has to be paid to someone in order for them to set up a profitable venture.

i guess it's a time/knowledge thing.
bitstarter (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 03:15:45 AM

such a service would make quite a bit of commission, and would be in the interests of walletbit.com to set it up... so i'm surprised a bounty has to be paid to someone in order for them to set up a profitable venture.

i guess it's a time/knowledge thing.

I couldn't agree more about what a profitable venture that would be. I'm sure walletbit or someone should set it up shortly. Time will tell  Grin

Sekioh

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 03:54:57 AM

I wouldn't want to promote another walleting service considering the past with multiple (wasn't there more than mybitcoin that failed) instances. You could still provide a service by anonymous addresses, just like some of the games like the mine game is doing, just store two fields in database: address, paid days. You can track subscription and give the person a unique key, if they don't pay you revoke access, they can repeatedly pay the same address for extending the length. It wouldn't be a 'pull' subscription, but people pay other bills regularly, a subscription doesn't need to be auto-recurring to be successful, that only prey's on people forgetting one month to get money out of the few that don't fully unsubscribe, it's a dirty practice.

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
payb.tc

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 05:19:34 AM

It wouldn't be a 'pull' subscription, but people pay other bills regularly, a subscription doesn't need to be auto-recurring to be successful, that only prey's on people forgetting one month to get money out of the few that don't fully unsubscribe, it's a dirty practice.

so as a customer instead of 'set and forget' i have to set and set and set and set and set and set... sounds real convenient Cheesy

i'd rather some 'trustworthy' (haha) entity like bitcoin.com (tradehill) built a set-and-forget system while offering full email notifications on every renewal or billing failure (or when top up is needed), and simple ways to cancel the subscription.
Sekioh

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 05:44:55 AM

Okay, set-and-forget. But you'd still have to top up a balance that gets debited from. How would this be really different from paying 3, 6, 12 months in advance with bitcoin in a chunk? You'd either have balance deposited in A and get taken from steadily, or pay B the whole amount in one go and be done with it the same?

Renewing subscriptions are for the poor that can't afford to pay in advance, and have automatic paycheck deposits or such to the same account so the money isn't worried about getting topped up.

I would still think it'd be just as simple to open bitcoin client and hit address book, payto the bill amount and be done with it, instead of having money stagnant on a e-wallet essentially with more risk to be hacked/stolen/lost.

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
payb.tc

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:00:39 PM

Okay, set-and-forget. But you'd still have to top up a balance that gets debited from. How would this be really different from paying 3, 6, 12 months in advance with bitcoin in a chunk? You'd either have balance deposited in A and get taken from steadily, or pay B the whole amount in one go and be done with it the same?

OR

you'd have a steady income going into A (mining or other steady income), and a steady stream of subscription fees coming out of it.

no lump sum required.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: