Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:15:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MooCoin - Play for a Bit | Faucet | Skill-based gaming | Referral network  (Read 1493 times)
moocoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 11:16:39 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 12:59:41 AM by moocoin

Welcome to the MooCoin Official Launch!
MooCoin is a new kind of Bitcoin game platform.  We give you Bitcoin for free, you play against others head-to-head, and the winner takes all!  

Some features:
  - Faucet that gives you Bitcoins to play for free
  - Two games to play, and more on the way
  - Referral network that pays you 10% of all fees from the people you refer
  - Open platform for developers.  Create new MooCoin games and collect a share of the revenue when people play
  - Leaderboards and tournaments
  - Mobile device support so you can play on the go

How do I play?
Just go to https://www.moocoin.com to get started!

Did you play the beta?  Did you play the tournament?  Now we're live on the Main Net, so you can play for real Bitcoin.  

Have fun!  
The MooCoin Team
admin@moocoin.com

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:23:43 AM

Looks like a good site I'm going to check it out right now.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
dhankitsu

Activity: 91

http://www.jexpotz.com bitcoin faucet

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 12:40:59 PM

nice site and game sir  Wink

joksim299
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1014

Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 01:03:42 PM

Good site,interesting games but activity is on 0. This time you can play only versus bot.

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 03:26:17 PM

Thank you all.

We totally understand that we need more people on the site to play with.  We're working a couple of different angles to drive traffic.  We're going to do some advertisement and plan some more tournaments, but what would be awesome is more traffic via the referral network.  You collect 10% of any fees generated by the people you refer.  During our beta tournament, one user generated over 3BTC in referral fees!

The other big thing that will help is more games.  We're building a third game right now, but would love other developers to come build some games on our platform.  It's REALLY easy, and we're giving the developer 40% of all revenue their game generates.  If you're a dev, email us to get in touch.

We hope that once player traffic comes up, devs will want to build more cool games, attract more players, and we'll all have a cool place to play for a Bit!

Thanks, 
MooCoin
admin@moocoin.com

quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 03:50:03 PM

can you tell us a little more about the faucet?  how much does it give and how often?

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 04:16:41 PM

can you tell us a little more about the faucet?  how much does it give and how often?

Sure, but I recommend you go try it out!
The faucet gives out .000001 btc each time you solve a captcha.  You can then use that to play games against other people or bots.  If you ever fall below .000001 btc you can use the faucet again to reload.  We don't set a withdrawal minimum, but the .0001 miner's fee and minimum dust transaction amount make the effective minimum .00015400. 

This basically means if you grab .000001 out of the faucet, then win 8 games head-to-head, you could cash out for .0002560 btc.  If you lose any of your games, just go reload from the faucet and try again.  And, if you want to play bigger games you can always deposit btc to your account and jump up the ladder to play at any level you want.

Thanks!
MooCoin

quone17

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 04:32:04 PM

Ok I tried it out.  Can I just say I really love the captcha you have?  I love being able to use the mouse alone instead of having to deciper things and type it out.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 06:09:50 PM

Ok I tried it out.  Can I just say I really love the captcha you have?  I love being able to use the mouse alone instead of having to deciper things and type it out.

Thanks!  We actually integrated three different captchas looking for the one with the best customer experience.  It was a lot of extra work, but we're really focused on giving you guys the best place to play!

Thanks,
MooCoin

quone17

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 07:28:51 PM

Thanks!  We actually integrated three different captchas looking for the one with the best customer experience.  It was a lot of extra work, but we're really focused on giving you guys the best place to play!

Thanks,
MooCoin

Well I tried it out but frankly it's no fun against and bot and I fear the bot could cheat.

What about setting times where there will be some sort of bonus, to get more people going there, at least at certain times of the day for starters?  Like a 500 satoshi faucet, or some bonus for most games played for an hour or 2, something like that. 

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 07:34:46 PM

Thanks,
MooCoin

Well I tried it out but frankly it's no fun against and bot and I fear the bot could cheat.

What about setting times where there will be some sort of bonus, to get more people going there, at least at certain times of the day for starters?  Like a 500 satoshi faucet, or some bonus for most games played for an hour or 2, something like that. 

Great idea.

The bot is only there to give people something to do while the site is slow.  Eventually we want to get rid of them.

For what it's worth, I'll tell you that it plays completely randomly and you can beat it easily  Wink

MakeBelieve

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:44:16 PM

Yeah I agree seems the bot always wins against me hoping this site gets popular because betting against players would be good.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
joksim299
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1014

Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:39:24 AM

Bot is beatable in Hi-Lo game and it's really hard to win against him in Paper,Rock,Sccissors...

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:55:51 AM

Bot is beatable in Hi-Lo game and it's really hard to win against him in Paper,Rock,Sccissors...

You should be about 50/50 against the bot in Paper, Rock, Scissors.  It literally just makes a random move each time.

I know it's not provably fair right now, and I totally apologize.  The bots were an after thought and are just there to give people something to do while they wait for a human opponent.  Eventually we'll make them provably fair, but we're busily working on a third game right now.

Thanks,
MooCoin

MakeBelieve

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:58:55 AM

Does the site take a % from players vs player games?

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 01:01:19 AM

We collect a 1% fee on games over .0001 btc.
We don't collect anything on the games under .0001 btc.

The bots are not there to make money.  They're only there to show people how the games work.  In fact, they lose money, but it's pretty slowly...

Thanks,
MooCoin

MakeBelieve

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:02:42 AM

The bots are not there to make money.  They're only there to show people how the games work.  In fact, they lose money, but it's pretty slowly...

Thanks,
MooCoin

So you have the bots making a loss at the moment? That's a different approach to most sites thanks for the answer though.

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 01:04:40 AM

Thanks,
MooCoin

So you have the bots making a loss at the moment? That's a different approach to most sites thanks for the answer though.

It's not ideal for sure  Smiley
The point of the site is player-vs-player games.  Unfortunately, we don't have enough people on all day to offer pvp games.  The bots were put online just so folks had something to do when they're waiting for a game.
We are going to remove them once we get more people on the site and can consistently offer pvp games.  Or, if we decide to keep the bots, they will play strategically and be provably fair.

Thanks,
MooCoin

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 01:11:08 AM

We've released some banner images if people want to add them as referral links on their sites and collet 10% of all fees paid by players they refer.

See below:

Thanks,
MooCoin

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:09:51 AM

Introducing MooCoin Happy Hour!

Every day between 5pm and 7pm Pacific (01:00 and 03:00 UTC), MooCoin goes into Happy Hour mode!
Two cool things happen when it's happy hour:
1)  The faucet gives away 10x per use.
2)  There are no fees on any games, regardless of the wager amount.

We also made a change to the HiLo bot so he plays according to established rules.  This should make him a bit more challenging and prevent weird bot decisions that result in bad beats for the players.

There's about an hour left of today's Happy Hour.  Come check it out!
Thanks,
MooCoin

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: