Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:38:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX...watch out guys, is it gone?  (Read 3206 times)
quone17 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 11:41:01 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Someone in a thread on Service Announcements posted they tried to e-mail CampBX and it bounced back.  NOT a good sign.  And they said no responses to support tickets and withdrawals but I already knew about that.  Anyone have ANY contact from them lately?  They had also erased their Facebook page.  If this is true there needs to be a BIG notice put somewhere for people not to deposit there!

EDIT: Just checked and they put their Facebook page back up.  I assume they did it temporarily to erase bad messages on there but bad messages are popping up again.    It is AMAZING that those fools will put up a message "we are closing due to inclement weather" but they do not respond to all the other MASSIVE issues people are having!

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 02:20:28 AM

Someone in a thread on Service Announcements posted they tried to e-mail CampBX and it bounced back.  NOT a good sign.  And they said no responses to support tickets and withdrawals but I already knew about that.  Anyone have ANY contact from them lately?  They had also erased their Facebook page.  If this is true there needs to be a BIG notice put somewhere for people not to deposit there!

EDIT: Just checked and they put their Facebook page back up.  I assume they did it temporarily to erase bad messages on there but bad messages are popping up again.    It is AMAZING that those fools will put up a message "we are closing due to inclement weather" but they do not respond to all the other MASSIVE issues people are having!

It's just another excuse for them to use when in court. Excuse me judge, the weather was bad so the automated ACH deposits weren't working even though that has nothing to do with the weather.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
msc

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:40:32 AM

They looked promising, too.  Such a shame.  Now I don't feel bad about paying the high fees at Virwox.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:21:53 AM

You'd have to be drunk/high to say you are "closed due to inclement weather"

Sounds like their dream has collapsed and they are taking it hard. Hope not too many people had money in there.
msc

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:49:13 AM

Sounds like their dream has collapsed and they are taking it hard. Hope not too many people had money in there.
In fairness, Atlanta really has been shut down.  School buses were apparently stuck on the roads overnight.  But I think CampBX's problems have been running longer than that.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:03:46 AM

They say they are back online .... but let's face it, they weren't doing much business before the weather shut them down, I can't see this shut-down helping them any.
gszabi

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:01:52 AM

bter.com is also down for me. Is there any connection between this two service? Maybe hosting?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:03:46 AM

bter.com is also down for me. Is there any connection between this two service? Maybe hosting?

Why would you think the two were connected?
msc

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:20:57 AM

It looks like they both use Cloudflare.  They're both up for me, but it could depend on your location.
gszabi

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:24:53 AM

ok now working after 2 hours. im from ukraine, maybe was a host service problem.

EDIT: down again Sad
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:34:23 PM

Up for me in Thailand.
quone17 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 02:20:49 PM

For anyone still interested in CampBX, please see that Keyur finally showed up and made a post on the thread in the service announcements.  I then let him have it because I think he had a lot of gall to come in and say "no we're still open" but not address any other issues, after he's been off the boards for months.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
coga

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

www.btcbuy.info

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 02:56:45 PM

They looked promising, too.  Such a shame.  Now I don't feel bad about paying the high fees at Virwox.

have you read their terms of service? several times i was looking to open account there and each time the TOS stopped me. It can be summarized as "we don't guarantee anything, you guarantee everything, and we can claim your firstborn as a collateral". Assholes.

GPG key: 6F8E305690A05365B58C50A
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:11:29 PM

have you read their terms of service? several times i was looking to open account there and each time the TOS stopped me. It can be summarized as "we don't guarantee anything, you guarantee everything, and we can claim your firstborn as a collateral". Assholes.

Perhaps that is why nobody uses them. I signed up but the volume was so pathetic, never actually deposited any coins.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:20:47 PM

I had an account with them since last spring but the first and only time I went to actually use the place I regretted it.  They held my BTC hostage for 8 weeks before I finally got it back.  They took weeks to respond to tickets and when they finally did they did not resolve anything, instead they blamed me for their problem and closed the ticket without doing jack.  They suck so bad its pathetic.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 10:20:41 PM

I have used campbx extensively in the past without any issues. Their support is slow, and they hold checks forever before crediting your account, but they are honest.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
msc

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:24:45 PM

Our ACH and WIRE provider has made a business decision to not work with Bitcoins and Bitcoin companies due to regulatory uncertainty and recent spate of negative news for Bitcoins. We are working to find a replacement partner and resume these two services for our customers.
https://campbx.com/achupdate.php
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 11:00:58 PM

The writing was on the wall. I only started using CampBX in December, made one successful withdrawal, and had another withdrawal cancelled ~2 weeks ago without any explanation. This scared the hell out of me so I exchanged all my fiat to BTC and moved over to coinbase. Lost ~$100 in the process (due to commissions and exchange rates moving slightly against me) but now I'm glad I did it, may have dodged a bullet there. Too many red flags - not just the cancelled withdrawal, but also their fake "office" address, piss-poor customer service etc.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:37:41 AM

The writing was on the wall. I only started using CampBX in December, made one successful withdrawal, and had another withdrawal cancelled ~2 weeks ago without any explanation. This scared the hell out of me so I exchanged all my fiat to BTC and moved over to coinbase. Lost ~$100 in the process (due to commissions and exchange rates moving slightly against me) but now I'm glad I did it, may have dodged a bullet there. Too many red flags - not just the cancelled withdrawal, but also their fake "office" address, piss-poor customer service etc.

Not to mention closing shop because of bad weather. A "normal" shop I could understand. But not a website Smiley
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 02:49:23 AM

In fairness, Atlanta really has been shut down.  School buses were apparently stuck on the roads overnight.  But I think CampBX's problems have been running longer than that.

I still have yet to get my money from then. Been since January 22nd. Way before their "weather" excuse happened. They'll pretty much use any excuse they can think of I guess. Every response from them has been "wait another two days". Seriously, what does one really due in a situation  when an online company seems to have stolen your money?

I just logged into my account and see my FUNDS as a balance now. How do you convert that into BTC and send it out CampBX immediately? I'm afraid to try anything on their site that has to do with transfers or trades because they just never work.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: