Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:31:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX...watch out guys, is it gone?  (Read 3208 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 03:08:33 PM

I just logged into my account and see my FUNDS as a balance now. How do you convert that into BTC and send it out CampBX immediately? I'm afraid to try anything on their site that has to do with transfers or trades because they just never work.

Assuming you are asking about USD to be transferred out: first get your receiving Bitcoin address ready - another exchange, online wallet, your own wallet - whatever works for you. Then go to Trade Now and enter the amount of BTC and price under Quick Buy. You'll have to guesstimate the amount to make sure all your cash gets converted AND there is enough to cover commission. Transfer the resulting BTC to the address your set up earlier. There is no harm in trying since the alternative is to lose it all.

You will most likely lose money with this - BTC price is currently on CampBX ~$30 higher than e.g. BTC-E or Coinbase. This is also a sure sign that CampBX is in the shitter (everyone's pulling their coins out).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 03:41:38 AM

I just logged into my account and see my FUNDS as a balance now. How do you convert that into BTC and send it out CampBX immediately? I'm afraid to try anything on their site that has to do with transfers or trades because they just never work.

Assuming you are asking about USD to be transferred out: first get your receiving Bitcoin address ready - another exchange, online wallet, your own wallet - whatever works for you. Then go to Trade Now and enter the amount of BTC and price under Quick Buy. You'll have to guesstimate the amount to make sure all your cash gets converted AND there is enough to cover commission. Transfer the resulting BTC to the address your set up earlier. There is no harm in trying since the alternative is to lose it all.

You will most likely lose money with this - BTC price is currently on CampBX ~$30 higher than e.g. BTC-E or Coinbase. This is also a sure sign that CampBX is in the shitter (everyone's pulling their coins out).

Thanks. Since everyone is bailing from then I'm finding it real hard to buy bitcoin on that site so I can send it out. If I make a quick buy order, that could sit there for weeks most likely. I' d rather pay a ridiculous $20 money order fee and just be done with them. I've never worked with such a shabby place in my life before.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
quone17 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 03:28:59 PM

Thanks. Since everyone is bailing from then I'm finding it real hard to buy bitcoin on that site so I can send it out. If I make a quick buy order, that could sit there for weeks most likely. I' d rather pay a ridiculous $20 money order fee and just be done with them. I've never worked with such a shabby place in my life before.

your best bet is actually to turn it into BTC and transfer out.  I had  a money order request in to get my money out for weeks and they kept making excuses about not sending it, and never did send it

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
quone17 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 03:30:19 PM

You'd have to be drunk/high to say you are "closed due to inclement weather"

Sounds like their dream has collapsed and they are taking it hard. Hope not too many people had money in there.
In fairness, Atlanta really has been shut down.  School buses were apparently stuck on the roads overnight.  But I think CampBX's problems have been running longer than that.

I still have yet to get my money from then. Been since January 22nd. Way before their "weather" excuse happened. They'll pretty much use any excuse they can think of I guess. Every response from them has been "wait another two days". Seriously, what does one really due in a situation  when an online company seems to have stolen your money?

you can get a lawyer in Georgia and sue them

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 03:31:43 PM

You'd have to be drunk/high to say you are "closed due to inclement weather"

Sounds like their dream has collapsed and they are taking it hard. Hope not too many people had money in there.
In fairness, Atlanta really has been shut down.  School buses were apparently stuck on the roads overnight.  But I think CampBX's problems have been running longer than that.

I still have yet to get my money from then. Been since January 22nd. Way before their "weather" excuse happened. They'll pretty much use any excuse they can think of I guess. Every response from them has been "wait another two days". Seriously, what does one really due in a situation  when an online company seems to have stolen your money?

you can get a lawyer in Georgia and sue them

The problem is since no one uses their site and doesn't want to it is impossible to buy bitcoin there. I had an order for half a bitcoin for like %30 less then the current rate and it sat there for 1 week.

vleroybrown

Activity: 1147
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:23:30 AM

So seriously the news this week is going to be newest best chance for usa exxhange and oldest most established btc exchanges implode.  So were is the bailout?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 04:16:15 PM

The problem is since no one uses their site and doesn't want to it is impossible to buy bitcoin there. I had an order for half a bitcoin for like %30 less then the current rate and it sat there for 1 week.

If you are trying to buy for 30% LESS than market price of course it's not going to work. Look at the depth table and place an order at a price where there is sufficient supply, currently around $830
https://campbx.com/depthtable.php
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:35:59 PM

I have some USD stuck in there too. I will wait it out. These guys have been around for a while, and they are in the US. Your USD (99% chances) isn't going anywhere!
Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:35:58 AM

Wait, CAN you get your money out for a $20 fee?  How long does it take?

If so, that seems like the better route. Maybe even worth arbitrage if you are feeling the market will be flat/bearish.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 04:33:08 AM

Your USD (99% chances) isn't going anywhere!

From what is known so far about CampBX, "your USD" is just a number on some website hosted by a guy and his sister, running their business from an apartment in a suburb of Atlanta. They are not a bank, the deposit is not FDIC-insured, they are known to have been ignoring and/or lying to their customers. If you have something to support your optimism please share.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 08:43:28 PM

From what is known so far about CampBX, "your USD" is just a number on some website hosted by a guy and his sister, running their business from an apartment in a suburb of Atlanta. They are not a bank, the deposit is not FDIC-insured, they are known to have been ignoring and/or lying to their customers. If you have something to support your optimism please share.

Once I told them I went for the USPS money order route they sent me some other excuse of delays and things will be working soon. They really are holding our money hostage and you can't get it back. I think I'll drive up there with a baseball bat and do some window cleaning.

stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:49:30 PM

It's not FDIC insured I know. It will be hard for them to take your funds and go? It's an exchange! and in the US. Unless, they say it was hacked? That's what I think. Nothing to panic as of yet.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 08:26:49 PM

It's not FDIC insured I know. It will be hard for them to take your funds and go? It's an exchange! and in the US. Unless, they say it was hacked? That's what I think. Nothing to panic as of yet.

It's not hard at all. The fact is they have already taken your funds with your consent of course. And maybe they have gone too, considering that withdrawals are not being done. If you had deposited USD with them MAYBE there is some limited recourse via the banking system, but these usually have a short time period (e.g. "stop payment" on a check). If you have mined or otherwise acquired BTC, exchanged it to USD, and are holding a USD "deposit" with CampBX, you are completely at the mercy of a couple of individuals who have not displayed themselves as trustworthy at all.

It's only an "exchange" because it says so. Being in the US has nothing to do with its legitimacy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish trouble for anyone and I sincerely hope that everybody who has cash at CampBX will be able to get it out. I'm just surprised that after hundreds upon hundreds of documented bitcoin-related scams, thefts, hacks, and other misfortunes we are still willing to favor blind trust over facts.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:50:23 PM

It's been a month now since CampBX has stolen my money. After numerous emails and attempts to get it back I can't believe I have to actually hire an attorney and sue them. This is amazing. Companies like this make the bitcoin industry look like scum bags. No wonder why bitcoin gets such a bad rap sometimes. Imagine you work for a news paper and want to write an article, so you sign up at CampBX to try it all out and end up losing your money. What a joke. Of course the news article will be all negative. Companies like CampBX really need to be handled sooner then later. Too many unsuspecting people getting screwed. It is only a matter of time they milk enough people and they'll just pull the plug and disappear.

quone17 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 03:27:15 PM

It's been a month now since CampBX has stolen my money. After numerous emails and attempts to get it back I can't believe I have to actually hire an attorney and sue them. This is amazing. Companies like this make the bitcoin industry look like scum bags. No wonder why bitcoin gets such a bad rap sometimes. Imagine you work for a news paper and want to write an article, so you sign up at CampBX to try it all out and end up losing your money. What a joke. Of course the news article will be all negative. Companies like CampBX really need to be handled sooner then later. Too many unsuspecting people getting screwed. It is only a matter of time they milk enough people and they'll just pull the plug and disappear.

100% agree.  If I had more at stake there I would have sued them.  I just took a loss, canceled my money withdrawal, bought BTC, and withdrew in BTC.  Thanks God I was able to get out that way.  Please let us know what happens.  They apparently used to be legit, but now, they are not trustworthy and may God have mercy on their souls. 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: