Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:29:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Being aware of SCAMS  (Read 1552 times)
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:41:15 PM

If there is a SCAM project, what contents do you expect from its social media accounts and bitcointalk thread?

We can just take care of our self from scam projects, we can't stop them to scam people, as long as still many people who less in awareness, scammer will always be there.
So, keep safe.
Of course, if someone has the opportunity to learn about the fraudulent actions of someone, then We are obliged to communicate this to each other. But the problem is that it is very difficult to identify a fraudster.
Fraudsters are always the easiest to identify as long as you are smart but the thing is that a lot of people are so gullible to know what to identify and what not to bother about. These days, you still see a lot of people placing much focus on a whitepaper that can be cloned and an idea that can easily be copied and create a website for.

But, all those are face deception as the product cannot be cloned as no fraudster will go through the pain of creating a product that would bring in huge demand for the coin, and want to jeopardize that for scam. Also, even if product can even be cloned, team cannot be cloned, and any team trying to hide identity, should raise some red flag.
fabskie21

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:09:27 PM

Most of ICOs today are suspicious. They are just copying the concept of previous projects and only aim to raise a big amount from investors.  After achieving it, they suddenly lack the interest in carrying out the roadmap of their project while some just vanished like smoke. As for me, it is practical to trade than to invest in ICOs these days.
Flayme

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:35:37 PM

Scam projects or ICO's is quite difficult to determine because some of the scammers are trying to hide everything whn they make a scam project. They do everything to make realistic project tha you didn't expect to be faked because of all the things that a project created is looks like real. So it is better to understand what is the real/legit projects or bounty campaign or even ICO's for us to avoid scam and prevent scammers.
Zct2002

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:42:14 PM

If there is a SCAM project, what contents do you expect from its social media accounts and bitcointalk thread?
If there is a scam project, i think it will be detected early because there are almost a million of us here that are observing new ICOs and besides there are also expert here in this forum that don't allow scam ICO to grow. As for myself, if i detect a possible scam then i would report this to the administrator of this forum.
Caxton10

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 11:44:25 PM

You have to look out for review of the projects. There are people who expertly analyse projects and with the information they provide on ICOs you can rule for yourself if a project is a scam or not.
OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:46:28 PM

To avoid joining ICO scam projects, you should consult with your friends or others on the social group that you are involved with regarding cryptocurrencies. Usually, ICO scam projects often do not achieve soft cap or hard cap, they will delay or cancel the time to distribute Token. So be alert and learn about the ICO campaign before joining.

Emmy92

Activity: 837
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:49:01 PM

Most scam projects are indeed hard to dictate. Well, most times from their community you will be able to know if they have anything to offer or not. In this crypto space, one ought to be careful
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:47:48 AM

The scams projects are hard to understand. There has been an application software which has invented to detect scams. You can search it on google to get more informations. I hope it would be able to meet up our expectations.
It would be hard only if you do not know exactly what to do. Social media pages like the OP said is one of the last things you really want to be looking at to judge the authenticity of a project but the team and the product and if you cannot get those answered, then it is best to just avoid such a project like a plague that it is.

A lot of people gamble their investment by judging based on things that are irrelevant instead of focusing on the things that are completely different criteria based.

Even finding out scams in early stage itself will be hard, we may diversify our efforts so that we may not get full disappointments for the entire time period. I mean if you have signature/twitter/telegram/translation bounty skills and set-up then do not work on same project with all these skills. Work for one project with one skill-set. Telegram/twitter will allow participating multiple campaigns where as signature will not and translation is a time consuming one hence need to choose the right one very carefully.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
makuzi_alethena

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:26:39 AM

Having a professional rating agency like Alethena (https://www.alethena.com) doing a fully-fledged due diligence of a project will help to reduce the probability to invest in a scam almost to zero. A successful scam needs always to be profitable for the scammers in economical terms. Therefore, having a proper due diligence methodology will increase the costs for a successful scam as high that scamming won't be profitable anymore.
Pa1n

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:28:23 AM

They usually share wrong news or numbers.When a person who has experience in scams , easily understand scam project.But , in these days very hard because people use social media or etc platforms use very good.

beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:15:27 PM

If there is a scam project, i think it will be detected early because there are almost a million of us here that are observing new ICOs and besides there are also expert here in this forum that don't allow scam ICO to grow. As for myself, if i detect a possible scam then i would report this to the administrator of this forum.
Asides here, there are so many resources online that can easily help one to stay away and avoid certain ICOs. Only if investors can at least know what to do by themselves by checking out the team and product, then the number of scam ICOs would have reduced a long time ago.

Ask some team questions on their ANN thread as pathetic as what makes their product different from others and they will be busy blabbing rubbish. Is that a project anyone wants to invest in ? However, they know already that there are some gullible people who would just look at the surface and invest, but that is their choice.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
zignal.vip

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:20:35 PM

Scam in this market is increasing and increasing. It's too hard to detect a project that is scam.
They waste not only your money but also your time.
I myself was decieved once and loss a large amount, from that time i never invested in ICO again Sad(
marn6767

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:30:10 PM

it is really hard to understand such projects as your friends said. But most scam projects stop using social media accounts actively. Maybe you can understand from here
vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:43:48 PM

From posts in social networks it is very difficult to understand that the project is a scam. But if you read the telegrams of this company, or read the topic on the bitcointalk, you may be able to understand that this is a scam.
ratnawide

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:07:06 PM

when I realized that I was in a fraud project I always asked the bounty manager about the continuation of the project, so my suspicions had a solid foundation. after that i will tell everyone. especially bounty hunters and even investors not to be fooled into the project
De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:10:31 PM

There are projects that until they show that they SCAM will not guess!) And there are projects that look like SCAM, but are successfully working with great potential!
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:23:34 AM

Scam projects or ICO's is quite difficult to determine because some of the scammers are trying to hide everything whn they make a scam project. They do everything to make realistic project tha you didn't expect to be faked because of all the things that a project created is looks like real. So it is better to understand what is the real/legit projects or bounty campaign or even ICO's for us to avoid scam and prevent scammers.
Not difficult if you really want to. The problem is that a lot of people are just too lazy to read and as long as that is applicable, they will never find solution. Reading through this thread, I have seen a lot of information given out to help those who would want to at least identify scam ICOs.

Still, you get to see people posting this after the whole information given, probably because they are just increasing post count or because they are not just ready to know anything at all. Scams are the easiest to identify if you are willing to dig up the right criteria and can scrutinize the project well.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
youngmom

Activity: 173
Merit: 5

you will die with your own behavior

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:40:37 AM

when I realized that I was in a fraud project I always asked the bounty manager about the continuation of the project, so my suspicions had a solid foundation. after that i will tell everyone. especially bounty hunters and even investors not to be fooled into the project
as a bounty hunter we have to share information about projects that turned out to be fake, because we here also do not want to be a victim, at least the way you do is very helpful for other members
skyline_king

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:54:51 AM

it is very hard to find some objective opinion, almost all reviews backed up $ by ico starters.
kartalgiunti

Activity: 490
Merit: 13

BIB Exchange

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:59:45 AM

It's hard to notice. Detailed research is needed to identify scam projects.
I use the most team members for this. If the project is scam, the team members are very uncertain.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: