Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:16:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Being aware of SCAMS  (Read 1552 times)
Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:38:58 AM

yes it is very important to be aware of scams because if you are scamed for that period the whole you be doing is in vain but the issue is how do we identify project that is scam or to know a scamer.
Freldo

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:13:51 AM

Oh come on, if project is a scam - the info about it would be all over the Internet. There are no specific signs on projects` social media about that.
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:19:59 AM

Scams are everywhere, and its getting harder to spot one. Usually, the signs I notice from potential scams are that they do not have verifiable team members and advisors. Either they d not have LinkedIn profiles or their profile is very new. They also do not have working product, no location. Most times, they deliberately make their whitepaper too technical for the average investor to understand.

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:55:35 PM

Most of ICOs today are suspicious. They are just copying the concept of previous projects and only aim to raise a big amount from investors.  After achieving it, they suddenly lack the interest in carrying out the roadmap of their project while some just vanished like smoke. As for me, it is practical to trade than to invest in ICOs these days.
You are actually saying the truth because you just end up finding out that no one is coming up with anything unique and it is becoming a clone or repetition of something that is already happening, lol. At the same time, having more than one project for similar industry will not harm anyone as long as they are not turning a scam.

We also have to understand that majority of it is based on the team and there is room for almost everyone as long as the team is ready to develop the product they have and introduce new features to it. Not every project is going to succeed, but based on the team activity and perseverance to make their project a success, it could make them stand strong.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:06:54 PM

If there is a SCAM project, what contents do you expect from its social media accounts and bitcointalk thread?

nothing to expect, investing is crypto is really risky and we have to know it before we invest.
Mostly we can't do nothing if we get scammed, so just let it go and move on.
a_t_e_e_b

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:28:39 AM

when projects are a scam they usually don't provide proper dates for their upcoming events and their team is made up of wierd creators without a good proper background and they usually manipulate their talks page to make sure they look legit
Eijrafarm

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:34:36 AM

Scams is everywhere in cryptocurrency. Being aware is one of the most important thing on investment. Sometimes scams is really hard to detect. All you need to do is to look for the persons who are involve in the project. If you find out that they don't exist or suspicious then don't invest on it.
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:38:38 AM

Yes I believe as days goes by it is definitely getting hard to detect a scam project. I too was a victim of a scam project as well. I never even have a slight thought that the project was a scam after all. Everything was so good and was running smoothly. Then after the project the people behind things just vanished. Turns out those people were using fake accounts and fake pictures.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:50:21 AM

Scams is everywhere in cryptocurrency. Being aware is one of the most important thing on investment. Sometimes scams is really hard to detect. All you need to do is to look for the persons who are involve in the project. If you find out that they don't exist or suspicious then don't invest on it.
Be very careful when looking at reviews though because most of them are paid reviews and most of those doing those review usually do not care about you even if they know the information they are dishing out is false as long as they have been paid for it. It is the world we are living in, where some people will have to think about themselves first without taking a look at the community or those around them. The best is just to know how to do some due diligence on your own so you do not get caught up in a scam project. One another way must be not depending on only project but participating into multiple bounties also will help anyone not to get disappointments.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:53:46 AM

Be very careful when looking at reviews though because most of them are paid reviews and most of those doing those review usually do not care about you even if they know the information they are dishing out is false as long as they have been paid for it. It is the world we are living in, where some people will have to think about themselves first without taking a look at the community or those around them. The best is just to know how to do some due diligence on your own so you do not get caught up in a scam project. One another way must be not depending on only project but participating into multiple bounties also will help anyone not to get disappointments.
well, because of the large number of ICOs, and so many successful ICOs to date, attracted many people to invest. of course there are a lot of scammers out there, and they are making use of the ICO line to make a profit for themselves. well, so we must be smart, and have enough information before investing. it's all to avoid scammers
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:12:03 AM

Bitcointalk best place to find scam project because before investing or after investing if you find anything fishy go to scam section in bitcointalk thread you will definitely get experts opinion for sure . If it is real scam it will definitely helps you to early exit. Another very much helpful source is telegram .
Prodigan786

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:17:38 AM

Exactly most of the ico review site are scam . Based previous experience I can prove that even I stand with my word because you can check tokenpay social media how they got offers from these scam sites offering high ranks . First think tokenpay betrayed community seconed these worst review sites asking money to give good reviews . I lost all faiths in these ico review sites.
isen

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:23:48 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 10:26:56 AM by isen

Now it's getting harder and harder to determine whether the project is a scam. This is due to the fact that bounty hunters have become smarter and see the mistakes of scammers.
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:31:01 AM

Scams target people in different walks of life. It is hard to distinguish scam projects because they are taking advantage of new technology and offers return that hard to resist. They look like the real thing and scammers are more smarter by creating commodities that convince of shelling out money or personal details. Always take time to do research and confirmations.
longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:44:06 AM

If there is a SCAM project, what contents do you expect from its social media accounts and bitcointalk thread?

you won't be probably able to tell based on the content on social media. You need to dig in the team and see if there are real people behind it who are genuine

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
Proton2233

Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:19:54 AM

Scams target people in different walks of life. It is hard to distinguish scam projects because they are taking advantage of new technology and offers return that hard to resist. They look like the real thing and scammers are more smarter by creating commodities that convince of shelling out money or personal details. Always take time to do research and confirmations.
No research will help you. Scammers are constantly changing schemes and improve methods of deception. If the project immediately offers a huge income is a primitive scheme which is aimed at very greedy people. But the project can work for several years and after will collect a large amount of money will disappear. Can you predict that?
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:32:49 AM

The scams projects are hard to understand. There has been an application software which has invented to detect scams. You can search it on google to get more informations. I hope it would be able to meet up our expectations.

There is nothing hard to understand there! If the team does not look like one that can deliver, then stay out. If there is no product and all they give you is an empty promise, then zoom off. If they cannot just answer simple technical question on their ANN thread and they keep blabbing nonsense, then run with a lightening speed. You do not need the social media to identify scam, these few things alone would be enough for you to make the right decision.
Yes, it is always written boldly on the wall when a project is a scam and when a project is a great one. You have said it all, and most especially for me, I focus more on the team first as with that alone, you can quickly deduce all you need to know about the project authenticity and prospect before even deciding to go through all the technicalities which sometimes can be boring.

Give me a good team and a good product to invest in, and that is all that it takes. If those things are not available then staying away from ICO contribution and bounty participation is highly recommended. Instead of wasting our resources with random projects, just staying away and watching for a complete package must be a wise idea to be followed by all the crypto hunters.
BlasterS

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:16:58 PM

Actually that is the thing that I want to disseminate because there are lots of scammers in the cryptocurrency and keeping informing them can prevent that thing may happen to other people specially for newbies.
NIuok

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:20:50 PM

It is difficult for you to decide whether they are scam or real before a project is successful. There are some projects they may not be scam at the beginning, but later ico did not succeed and was considered as “scam” .
hidingyou

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:27:13 AM

If in the first I already knew that there was a project intended to scam people then I will tell everyone about that thing so that they will become more aware of what they are doing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: