Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:52:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trezor model ONE or model T?  (Read 92 times)
simadr (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:02:45 PM

Hi community,

I already own a ledger nano S, but I wanted to experience the trezor hardware since we can trade on the BANCOR network from the trezor. Do you own the model T (aka the new one??)? And if yes, what are the difference with the model ONE? They actually have 100eu differences so I believe it is more safer, or more functionnability? No many explanation on their website.

Thanks, Simwhale aka twitter
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
money4nthing

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:59:09 PM

My personal opinion is if you have ledger don't waste money on either of the trezors - imho ledger is the best, it is the smallest, it has internal pin and seed input (t1 uses pc widget, input in it is randomized so it must be impossible to get pin/seed with logger on PC, but still I feel safer to type them on device itself. TT is the most convenient input with color display, but it's bigger because of it), the only thing I don't like is limited number of currencies apps installed, trezors don't need these apps on device so supports all the currencies together, but it is still not significantly more than you can get supported together on ledger (and you can keep all the coins and install needed apps before opening the wallet).
If you still want a new wallet to play with, and it must be trezor then I recommend TT as they promise to add more coins to it (some will be added to t1 too, some won't) and they promise to add sd card files encryption some day that would make tt more universal security device, but Trezor is even proud of their position "we are too cool to support new coins or provide ETA for things we promissed already", so I wouldn't expect them to speed up in new coins support significantly, and don't think there will be some really important for me coin supported by trezor but not ledger (like ledger supports neo, ark, kmd).
If you just need to get a wallet with exact service support and don't want to spend extra buy T1 - it is cheaper, smaller and currently there is nothing TT can do T1 can't
Temptaz

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:05:07 PM

I like the nano because it is small like money4nthing stated along with the other points it is a good device best on market IMO
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: