Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:26:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-06-03] Google ad ban: New policy on cryptocurrency is ‘heavy-handed’  (Read 136 times)
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:14:04 PM

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/google-bitcoin-ban-cryptocurrency-adverts-ads-latest-a8376346.html

For some reason The Independent has been a particularly worthless fuckhole when it comes to crypto, and this article includes such nuggets as the claim Google tried to recruit Vitalik Buterin when in reality it was bog standard mass email spam.

An interviewee in this reckons it's because Google don't want competition for their own crypto products. Sounds like bollocks to me.

davis196

Activity: 3024
Merit: 918

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:08:16 AM

Their own "crypto products" or their own blockchain products?There is a huge difference between crypto and blockchain and we have to make it clear.If Google develops blockchain based products,then this is good news,but they will keep it as a secret.The Google ad ban doesn`t have much impact over the prices or crypto growth.

gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:19:06 PM

Their own "crypto products" or their own blockchain products?There is a huge difference between crypto and blockchain and we have to make it clear.If Google develops blockchain based products,then this is good news,but they will keep it as a secret.The Google ad ban doesn`t have much impact over the prices or crypto growth.

I just can't see any major company ever launching a full blown cryptocurrency - ie one that has a floating value that anyone can mine and contribute to. Nothing about doing that makes sense for them.

I don't think this clampdown has much or anything to do with whatever crypto plans they have. It's the absolute worthlessness of what they're being asked to advertise.

They advertise an awful lot of other shit, but the absolute shit is a small proportion of the legit shit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: