Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:44:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Considering BTC Investors for Mainstream Business: BTCJam or Private Loan?  (Read 516 times)
bitcerto (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:52:14 AM

I operate Content Kung Fu, a content marketing firm. It's a new company and my goal is to build and operate it with BTC. I'm going for 100% BTC, but realistically 50-60% would be outstanding. So far it's been built with USD Sad

The problem: I've been bootstrapping everything and I'm at the end of my rope. I'm considering taking on an investor/loan.

My question - should I try to crowdfund this with BTCJam or seek out an individual who would like to invest? I'm looking for a 12 month repayment plan with generous interest (5-7%). Looking for around 10 BTC, a relatively small loan.

Any tips or advice as I move forward will be greatly appreciated. I'm leaning towards BTCJam, but I'm still new to BTC funding options.

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
impresionesmline

Activity: 222

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:19:22 AM

First of all you must offer some sort of collateral and also if you ask for too much  btc to be repaid in a long term period subjected to a repayment plan with a low interest nobody would take your offer seriously. Excuse me if I am too harsh but there are a lot of scams going on.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 03:24:41 AM

I operate Content Kung Fu, a content marketing firm. It's a new company and my goal is to build and operate it with BTC. I'm going for 100% BTC, but realistically 50-60% would be outstanding. So far it's been built with USD Sad

The problem: I've been bootstrapping everything and I'm at the end of my rope. I'm considering taking on an investor/loan.

My question - should I try to crowdfund this with BTCJam or seek out an individual who would like to invest? I'm looking for a 12 month repayment plan with generous interest (5-7%). Looking for around 10 BTC, a relatively small loan.

Any tips or advice as I move forward will be greatly appreciated. I'm leaning towards BTCJam, but I'm still new to BTC funding options.

Thank you!

You won't find anyone on this forum foolish enough to lend you 10btc without full collateral.

You might find them at btcjam though.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
DeadwoodDan

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 03:36:48 AM

A problem with any long-term bitcoin denominated loan is that if bitcoin goes down significantly, the lender loses as he gets back bitcoins that are worth much less, yet if bitcoin goes up significantly, the borrower probably won't be able to pay back at all, so the lender loses even harder. This is on top of any business risk, and the risk of the loan being an outright scam.

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
A tool for raising the value of any crypto currency
● [WHITEPAPER] [FAQ] [BITCOINTALK] [BOUNTY] [GITHUB] [TELEGRAM] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: