Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:48:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account hacked - need help  (Read 85 times)
tbone263 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:25:21 PM

Hello folks,

I received forum notification today that email has been changed. Without any hesitation, I tried logging in with my old credential and its password was changed. I then used the url in the email to lock my account. But now I am unable to access my account either. How can I recover my account?

Thanks.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:29:48 PM

Hello folks,

I received forum notification today that email has been changed. Without any hesitation, I tried logging in with my old credential and its password was changed. I then used the url in the email to lock my account. But now I am unable to access my account either. How can I recover my account?

Thanks.
This is what you need
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

PS: You may consider moving the topic in the meta board.
Bitcoin Forum > Other > Meta

Scroll down a bit and on your left hand side look for move topic link

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
ahtsham90

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 10:06:59 PM

This is why everyone recommend 2FA. if someone has changed your account email it means he has now all access tou your funds and details. very rare to recover but you can still talk to support.

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:40:37 PM

This is why everyone recommend 2FA. if someone has changed your account email it means he has now all access tou your funds and details. very rare to recover but you can still talk to support.
bitcointalk forum... 2FA? changed email address... access to funds and details? talk to support?
are you sure replying in the correct thread?
OP is talking about his bitcointalk getting hacked, not about web wallet or exchange account Roll Eyes
@OP check out Meta subforum, you can find many discussions about similar problem there  

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: