Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:53:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin should NOT determine the market  (Read 2950 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:46:28 AM

We cannot avoid to see that the market is being affected by the trend of bitcoin or the bitcoin itself because bitcoin is the very first cryptocurrency compare to the rest and it is the top or the king of all of the cryptocurrencies and it is the base currency of all of the cryptocurencies so we cannot avoid the possible to get affected by bitcoin.
sultanGol

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:23:15 PM

I think it will not change significantly in the near future. This is just the nature of this market. Maybe if Ethereum, or some other coin beat Bitcoin in the market cap, this trend will be over.

snaper14

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:39:31 PM

The dominance of btc currently is very hard to be controlled as it is trade also in futures market as well as with leverage so the money and liquidity always shifts to it as it is more reliable and stable.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:46:19 PM

I think it will not change significantly in the near future. This is just the nature of this market. Maybe if Ethereum, or some other coin beat Bitcoin in the market cap, this trend will be over.

Yes bitcoin will continue to decide the fate of other coins as bitcoin is the first cryptocoin and at the same time if a new person hears about crypto the first thing it comes to their mind is bitcoin it's all about polarity and impact bitcoin holds.i don't think things will differ in future.

Am I spamming? Report me!
maskeffec

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

I think it's not a good thing if the whole market price is influenced by the Bitcoin price, there must be a solution to make the crypto market more decentralized where Bitcoin prices do not swing the market up and down there must be some kind of better system than if we just created a system that is just the same as the current fiat system we have in which the most trusted asset determines the whole market.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:58:17 AM

I really really love crypto but I think it is not a good thing that the price of BTC determines what the entire market does. I feel like there should be something done that makes the crypto market more decentralized where the price of BTC doesn't swing the market up and down there should be some sort of better system put in place otherwise we are just creating a system that is just the same as the current fiat system we have where the most "trusted/valuable" asset determines the entire market.

Just some thoughts, what do yall think??
I also loved the bitcoin but you must know that one thing that bitcoin is the largest crypto currency among all other crypto and there are many evidences and statistics that prove this right so no doubt the valuation and the growth and moreover the popularity of bitcoin among all the crypto is more so no doubt the flactuation in the valuation of bitcoin and all other things will govern the statistics and the entire market of the crypto and I think this is not the matter to worry about, this is very natural.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:13:11 AM

I think it's not a good thing if the whole market price is influenced by the Bitcoin price, there must be a solution to make the crypto market more decentralized where Bitcoin prices do not swing the market up and down there must be some kind of better system than if we just created a system that is just the same as the current fiat system we have in which the most trusted asset determines the whole market.

it is not bitcoin's fault that altcoins are useless in real world.
that means the only usage that altcoins have and the only purpose they serve is to be traded by speculators so that they can make more profit on their fiat and bitcoin. when this happens, people abandon the altcoins as soon as bitcoin is making a move to go back to the only thing they really care about.
if you want this to change then you have to change altcoins and start creating altcoins that are actually useful in real world.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Lorna111

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:13:55 AM

Well, Why should Bitcoin be any different to any other Commodity or Currency that are currently out there? We are already

struggling to get people to understand that Bitcoin can both be a Currency and a Commodity at the same time, just imagine if

we add something that does not adhere to the basic principles of markets based on Supply & Demand. What is it specifically

about the "Supply & Demand" that is bothering you? {Volatility? Whales?}  Huh

It should be different from any other commodity or currency because it is different it is the first of it's kind what other currency has this much volatility what other commodity can you generate more of by running it on a computer (staking) or by running gpus/asics to verify transactions (mining). Crypto is a very unique and interesting concept so that makes it extremely different from anything else so why should it be run like things it is different from?? Maybe don't worry so much about getting people to understand it that time will come most people didn't understand the internet a lot of people still don't and that didn't stop it's progress, although it became more and more user friendly as time went on (i'd imagine the same for crypto)

I LOVE the volatility don't like that the whales can manipulate the market Smiley

Market is Volatile, anything can happen at any given time,  the price value can goes up and goes down during the trading market, it all depend on the Volume of investment put in by the investors into Bitcoin. This is a decentralized system, no one should manipulate but somehow we didn't really know what is happening in the market, Some experts say's that Whales are behind the market movement.Huh

suemendez25

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:18:48 PM

The thing is bitcoin is still the dominant one. When people talk about crypto it is always bitcoin. People see the whole market as one and bitcoin as the leader. The fact is that we can't change this now. Maybe in the future there will be changes. But nobody knows for sure.
nolestiket

Activity: 308

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 08:05:03 PM

I'm really looking forward to the regulation of the crypto-currency market. This will give a big inflow of money. Bitcoin is just an indicator of crypto-currencies. Bitcoin grows-it means that the crypto currency is good. Bitcoin falls-it means things are going badly

rasmusen

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:22:15 AM

I fully agree with you. I myself do not like what bitcoin does with the rest of the coins. We need some kind of regulator, or that the other coins do not depend on it.
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:03:24 PM

People in the crypto community does understand how volatile are cryptocurrencies and the market trend depends on the daily volume of investment made by the investors and this fluctuation is somehow related to supply and demand issue and had nothing to do with any manipulation by whales.With the current btc increase weeks ago, the trend is somehow different as compared to the last situation way back months ago where any up trend and down trend usually depends on btc.
Frank Norwoodd

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:52:27 AM

Bitcoin determines the market because Bitcoin is much higher than the other coins and Bitcoin has made up a large percentage of market cap. So every time Bitcoin drops, other coins' investors' thinking are influenced. In other words, Bitcoin market cap is so big that the following decrease in pice of other coins is unavoidable. So it's the objective factor that makes Bitcoin dominant. Therefore, we can hardly do anything to make Bitcoin less influential than the others.
Scott Freemann

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:53:16 AM

Bitcoin has the highest amount of adoption compared to the others. We should pose the question that why Bitcoin has gained the highest amount of adoption. I think it's because Altcoin is far from being as good as Bitcoin , so they don't gain much interest and investors' trust. 
Virginia Nevess

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:56:29 AM

Even this forum has a particular sector for Bitcoin and all the other coins only has one sector. This shows how powerful and influential Bitcoin is. As for Altcoins,  there are many altcoins that don’t do much interesting at all. The vast majority of altcoins simply tweak some parameters that don’t matter much, or offer something that may sound useful but isn’t. In short, Bitcoin is superior to almost useless Altcoins. Thus, Bitcoin wins trust and of course takes over the markets.
Justin Regoo

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:59:40 AM

I agree with your idea that there should be something done, but it's hard to change the current complexion. Bitcoin has been governing the market since the beginning. Such a long time. Moreover, there are a bunch of the frenzied Bitcoin investors. They are so crazy about Bitcoin that they hardly change their mind to accept that Bitcoin has no longer dominate the markets.
Pamela Silvaa

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:03:59 AM

Bitcoin is the most reliable and valuable. So I think it's not a bad thing that Bitcoin decide the price. Actually, the markets are still decentralized even though Bitcoin decides the price, for the reason that there is no one behind Bitcoin pulling the strings.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:17:46 AM

I really really love crypto but I think it is not a good thing that the price of BTC determines what the entire market does. I feel like there should be something done that makes the crypto market more decentralized where the price of BTC doesn't swing the market up and down there should be some sort of better system put in place otherwise we are just creating a system that is just the same as the current fiat system we have where the most "trusted/valuable" asset determines the entire market.

I completely agree with you. Bitcoin should not dominate the market over the price of each crypto currency. This situation can not actually be considered a full-fledged market, when bloated in price, bitcoin has fallen by more than seven months to a correction and all the crypto-currency lies on the price side with it.
This situation on the market is explained by the high level of bitcoin capitalization in comparison with the total capitalization of the remaining crypto-currencies. However, every year bitcoin loses its percentage of capitalization. If at first he had 94 percent of capitalization, now he is 32 percent. When it falls to the minimum level, it will stop dictating its prices to other types of crypto currency.
yj300316

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:06:20 AM

Altcoins value is often increase like btc in the market. But there are some times altcoins didn't rise like btc.
A recent spiking around few weeks ago, btc price increase much in the market, but the altcoins price increase only a bit.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 10:12:10 AM

Yeah i strongly agree with your opinion but as we all know that these crypto are altcoins only for bitcoin and thus its presence need a strong powerful system back up and that is bitcoin. These altcoins could really move strong and it is just that for now these altcoins could not compete bitcoin for again those coins are design as altcoins for bitcoin. Anyway let us leave this way because these altcoins should be regulated through a single coin and that is bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: