Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:23:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin should NOT determine the market  (Read 2947 times)
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:16:39 AM

I really really love crypto but I think it is not a good thing that the price of BTC determines what the entire market does. I feel like there should be something done that makes the crypto market more decentralized where the price of BTC doesn't swing the market up and down there should be some sort of better system put in place otherwise we are just creating a system that is just the same as the current fiat system we have where the most "trusted/valuable" asset determines the entire market.

Just some thoughts, what do yall think??
It is just right that bitcoin will dominte the market. I agree with you fellow, there must be a way that this current situation will be change for a betterment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:28:35 AM

I really really love crypto but I think it is not a good thing that the price of BTC determines what the entire market does. I feel like there should be something done that makes the crypto market more decentralized where the price of BTC doesn't swing the market up and down there should be some sort of better system put in place otherwise we are just creating a system that is just the same as the current fiat system we have where the most "trusted/valuable" asset determines the entire market.

Well what you are thinking is good but the reality will tell us that bitcoin is determined by the market and that bitcoin also determines the whole cryptocurrency market. Everything revolves around the market since bitcoin is not yet mainstreamed. If only bitcoin could be used in day to day basis and could be used in buying and paying all the stores in the neighborhood then we no longer need the trading market to determine the value of bitcoin.
scrypt256

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:11:45 PM

Most of peoples know bitcoin they never heard about cryptocurrency because if someone try to buy cryptocurrency than they first buy bitcoin than other tokens. most of peoples is here who invested in bitcoin because they wanna make profit and they know its price is volatile so they can get good return. bitcoin is also popular because many exchanges are giving facility of BTC/USD trade.
fank dirt

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:09:29 AM

bitcoin is in the blockchain system and will not controlled by humman. It is the first cryptocurrency. So it could be the foundation for other one
pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:16:33 AM

Actually if this can be happen then its good thing. Its good thing when each cryptocurrency has their own way to increase or decrease depending on their improvement or demand to those crypto in the market. This market is like centralized by bitcoin. But this is nature in the market where people think the same. Bitcoin impact to all market and we can not deny this.
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:52:50 AM

that's why HOLD exists, so as not to think about what the senators are saying. if it was not interesting, would have banned the technology
hometester

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:52:41 AM

the market allows you to look at the technology critically, because if it is not perfect, the market will react to it. it's like a thermometer, so I'm not against the fact that the price is determined by the market
Dico88

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:56:04 PM

Bitcoin can affect the altcoin market. The cost of the coin that is best known is all dependent on bitcoin. We can talk about restoring the market after the price of cryptocurrencies has stabilized and started to grow in the long run in the future.  Cool
Vickyrichy

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:09:05 AM

Looking at this problem of bitcoin determining the price of the crypto market, bitcoin has the highest market cap and volume. To add to this, most altcoins are purchase with bitcoin, meaning if the price of bitcoin changes the price of altcoins will automatically change.
frankbeard

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:32:37 AM

I don't feel like Bitcoin is the enemy of Alts however it helps them and gives them an audience and investors.  If there was never Bitcoin would there be Alts?  Bitcoin and Alts need to work together. 
abhi777

Activity: 457

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:39:47 AM

Yeah i strongly agree with your opinion but as we all know that these crypto are altcoins only for bitcoin and thus its presence need a strong powerful system back up and that is bitcoin. These altcoins could really move strong and it is just that for now these altcoins could not compete bitcoin for again those coins are design as altcoins for bitcoin. Anyway let us leave this way because these altcoins should be regulated through a single coin and that is bitcoin.
yes I agree with you, but bitcoin is determined by the market price, if the market price goes down we can wait until the market price rises then we can sell it. bitcoin is intended for those who can run it.
davhek

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:43:24 AM

When someone mentions cryptocurrency everyone thinks of Bitcoin and it will remain like that for at least some time. It is first and the most popular, and among many frauds lately people trust Bitcoin even more, therefore it WILL determine the market until one of the other coins accomplish something huge.

maianh09

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:50:09 AM

The level of influence that Bitcoin places on the Cryptocurrency market are enormous. Whenever Bitcoin encounters the worst and goes down, it directly affects the market. You can see that Bitcoin is the deciding factor for the movement of the Cryptocurrency market.
aggeyysido

Activity: 112

The Intelligent Retail Currency

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:29:30 PM

I think that Bitcoin should not manage the entire market, because monopoly will not benefit anyone. This is my opinion — monopoly, so bad.

Ⓞ fluzcoin Ⓞ
█ The Intelligent Retail Currency █
❐ Backed up by global retailers ❐ Legally compliant ❐ Non-speculative
alexgreen2018

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:01:16 PM

Yes a single coin should not determine the fate of the market. Whenever bitcoin goes up market goes up and whenever bitcoin goes down it also goes down. But when a coin like btc has 54% market dominance it is bound to affect all others.
Ompyon

Activity: 715
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:11:53 PM

Actually if this can be happen then its good thing. Its good thing when each cryptocurrency has their own way to increase or decrease depending on their improvement or demand to those crypto in the market. This market is like centralized by bitcoin. But this is nature in the market where people think the same. Bitcoin impact to all market and we can not deny this.
yes, for this time many altcoins are emerging, and are competing to be the best, in improving market conditions, so that in the future market conditions are not too dependent on bitcoin prices, even though it is like an mission imposible, but hopefully In the future the market situation can be even better.

]
PrissMCclen

Activity: 338

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:15:22 PM

Well I agree with you in the other hand I disagree with you, btc is the most trusted coin even eth is not really reliable

Tachyon Protocol      >      The New Internet in Your Hands
►  IPX is Officially Listed on Bithumb & Bithumb Global  ◄
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 07:15:33 PM

There is really no way to shortcut this. I am sure you would prefer to invest into bitcoin than buy a new token you are not sure of it's success. The dominance is inevitable. It was a standard for other altcoins so how won't it determine market. That's how it will be and it will continue as such.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:22:30 PM

Yes a single coin should not determine the fate of the market. Whenever bitcoin goes up market goes up and whenever bitcoin goes down it also goes down. But when a coin like btc has 54% market dominance it is bound to affect all others.

Everybody talks about bitcoin, in the media, everywhere and people first hear about bitcoin.
So, bitcoin became main entry point for many new users.
When they join bitcoin and learn more about crypto market, they start to invest in other markets.
I don't think that such situation will change soon.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:51:58 AM

But many peoples hold bitcoin, you can see the volume of bitcoin in coinmarketcap, bitcoin have most volume.
Many speculators can manipulate the altcoin price by buy or selling their btc to altcoin vice versa. From my opinion, btc price is more stable than altcoin.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: