Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:44:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin should NOT determine the market  (Read 2949 times)
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:56:07 PM

When something bad happen or there is a bad news, all of the cyptocurrencies start to fall. Then people think that all the crpytocurrencies are falling due to bitcoin fall. No, the reason is not bitcoin. The falling is normal. Because that news is related to all of the crpytocurrencies. When a country ban bitcoin, they are banning other cryptocurrecnies too.
h3llo

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:21:00 PM

It so happened that Bitcoin is number one in this market, which is why it defines the trend. There are other options?
AAKODI

Activity: 205

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:36:55 PM

It is true and think this has happened due to the demand level of bitcoin and most investors and traders determine the entire cryptocurrency market by considering the bitcoin price level so even a slight variation in bitcoin price makes a huge change in other crpytocurrencies so even there are so many altcoins that has many potential they don't get the right place in the market but I hope this will change in the future

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
AAKODI

Activity: 205

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:43:06 PM

I think with that statement, it is hard not to determine the market. First of all the market really affects the value of bitcoin. Then bitcoin is the first and ever crypto currency in crypto world. Its safetiness in having and using was also proven and tested.

Of course I agree as the first digital currency in the world the demand and the popularity that has gained by bitcoin is immense and that has made a negative impact on other  cryptocurrencies because every time bitcoin price decrease with or without a reason there is a tendency for other currency price to follow the same path which is really bad because if the entire crypto market rely upon single currency the risk level is very high and it reduce the progress and demand in other cryptocurrencies

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
serizawa

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:01:35 PM

but the fact is bitcoin is the determinant of the direction of the price of all altcoins, I also think so how does bitcoin not determine all markets, if altcoin determines the market price itself is better
cetald

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 02:08:48 PM

The author is right. All investors and traders come to the cryptocurrency market from classic markets. And since in the classical market such rules are in effect, they bring these rules to the cryptocurrency market as well.

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:27:58 PM

It so happened that Bitcoin is number one in this market, which is why it defines the trend. There are other options?
For the whole crypto world to really grow, I don't think that Bitcoin should be the determining factor upon which the whole crypto world is determined. The other cryptos fate shouldn't be tied to what happens to Bitcoins. It's not fair and it would not help the other coins grow.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
tonyja2017

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:34:14 PM

I really really love crypto but I think it is not a good thing that the price of BTC determines what the entire market does. I feel like there should be something done that makes the crypto market more decentralized where the price of BTC doesn't swing the market up and down there should be some sort of better system put in place otherwise we are just creating a system that is just the same as the current fiat system we have where the most "trusted/valuable" asset determines the entire market.

Just some thoughts, what do yall think??
This is not a place for passion or love. This place is for people who need money and love money. I would like to confirm that and I estimate that over 80% of all participants in this market are illegal and manipulative. Blockchain technology is just to make making money easier for big guys.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:37:48 PM

I really really love crypto but I think it is not a good thing that the price of BTC determines what the entire market does. I feel like there should be something done that makes the crypto market more decentralized where the price of BTC doesn't swing the market up and down there should be some sort of better system put in place otherwise we are just creating a system that is just the same as the current fiat system we have where the most "trusted/valuable" asset determines the entire market.

Being rhe pioneer and the most popular coin,same as the highest capitalization in the market,you cannot blame investors to just rely about the bitcoin value to control their coins,because they believe that when bitcoin drops,altcoin for sure will follow,because bitcoin holds more than 50% of the whole crypto community
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 02:49:27 PM

Well, Bitcoin gained momentum being the first player in the crypto industry and that has nothing to do with driving the value of the entire industry. There are many good innovations out there based on blockchain which have the potential to optimise the current system in many sectors but those projects are not yet developed hence they are not capable to drive the value of crypto industry at this stage. However, the situation will definitely improve down the road.
jimmyle

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:27:33 PM

It so happened that Bitcoin is the number one cryptocurrency. Therefore, it leads all other assets. As in real life
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:32:21 PM

Bitcoin is not stable, and this is my favorite thing about it. If Bitcoin is durable and low volatility, then Bitcoin is not itself, you can make a lot of profit if it is not stable. You can not make a profit if it's stable and when it's like a save of assets.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:50:09 PM

Bitcoin is not stable, and this is my favorite thing about it. If Bitcoin is durable and low volatility, then Bitcoin is not itself, you can make a lot of profit if it is not stable. You can not make a profit if it's stable and when it's like a save of assets.
And this is actually the main problem over here. People here are just taking advantage of the volatility to make profit and thus using it as a store of value to make more profits in the future. But in fact, bitcoin and other crypto currencies were made to just use it as a currency to make our casual transactions instead of using fiat currency. Unfortunately, people are using them as a long term storage, thus delaying the adoption of crypto currencies to be used as a regular currency.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:21:01 PM

I think this stuff might be done deliberately with bots... Your Cryptocurency gets "infected" once you expose it to Centralized exchanges.

My theory is that fiat are being printed continuously to buy/sell some stakes on "exposed" Cryptocurencies.

The best way to prove this theory right or wrong is to develop a great project/Cryptocurency and avoid listing it on certain/all exchanges. It will fluctuate naturally and not be determined by Bitcoin or any other coins.
maxilopez

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:29:39 PM

Bitcoin is the first and most powerful cryptocurrency on the market. it is normal that he defines the market and always will be. You can draw a parallel with the dollar which also dictates its own rules in the global economy as it is the strongest fiat currency

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:23:15 PM

Bitcoin dominance will last for more than 10 years as I think. BTC is too popular to give its leadership to some other altcoins. Naturally, this crypto will continue to control the market.

That's very bold statement.
All it's needed is one hack/ bug to bring any cryptocurrency to its knees. Not even mentioning other coins constantly trying to dethrone the king BTC.
I really do not think that is a bold statement, bitcoin has been the leader for the market from the very beginning and there is nothing suggesting that is going to change, while you talk about the possibility of a hack or a bug in the code of bitcoin if there was such a huge bug that could destroy the bitcoin blockchain then I am pretty sure the the governments around the world would have used it already the same way they use any vulnerability they find in other software.

So in my opinion the view that bitcoin is going to rule the market of cryptocurrencies for decades is very realistic and I do not see anything that could suggest that scenario is not going to materialize.
Whaletale
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:06:59 PM

Btc do control the market not because it is the first but cause all coin are paired with btc value and also it control the large no of market cap which is also enough to affect the market, btc move also affect alts price due to its price and the paired of btc to alts eg btc value @$10k and another coin price in btc is 0.01 which will be $100 and once btc move up to like $12k the alts will automatically dip in btc value but might be the same in $ value which will be 0.0082-3 in btc and if the market see a large position of btc going more than the $12k then all alts holder fomo and drop the alts which will now give more less price in both btc and $ value.

_w_b_t_

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:24:08 PM

I think Bitcoin should manage the entire crypto currency market. First of all, it is already well-established in its properties cryptocurrency, leading in the crypto currency market. If there is no leader in the market, there will be no management, there will be chaos.
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:43:32 AM

Most coin price in market calculated with bitcoin price. If bitcon price going up, most coin and token following and vice versa. Bitcoin is main crypto in market and thats why bitcoin price affecting most token and coin in market
DisWhale

Activity: 336

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 01:29:40 AM

The market is influenced by a lot of factors and not Bitcoin alone. Bitcoin has gained an impact on the entire crypto market because it is first and most coin to capitalize the market with large numbers of investors. Because of the huge number of investors in support with Bitcoin, any FUD set in Bitcoin cause these investors to ward off from crypto affecting the entire market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: