Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:29:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hardware wallet can be hacked?  (Read 539 times)
cosmo1 (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:37:50 AM

The software wallet is connected to an internet,so when it is connected to internet the wallet can be hacked.Like software wallet is hardware wallet can be hacked?Is it possible to hack?Is hardware wallet completely offline?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Payers

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:43:12 AM

The way Hardware wallets achieve maximum security is by saving your private key and signing your Bitcoin transactions offline so someone who tries to "hack" your wallet remotely can not do it.

Most Hardware wallets also use a second screen / device to verify actions on your wallet such as signing transactions. In this way, if a hacker gains control over your computer, he still can not be dangerous as it requires access to the physical devices connected to your computer as well.
sufiasyl

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 09:46:41 AM

Bitcoin hardware is the safest chip they made based on this from my perspective there is no way to hacked btc hardware because its made for security and many data’s like public key and private key also many information’s is stored there so there is no reason to hacked.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:17:04 PM
Merited by BrewMaster (1)

There have been no reported cases of a hardware wallet being hacked remotely without tampering.

Hardware wallets are offline in a sense that they never expose your private keys outside the device itself (the device itself signs your transactions so it never needs to be exposed anywhere else), so unless a massive exploit is able to change that somehow, they're going to be impossible to remotely hack into. They could possibly be cracked with physical access though.

So yeah, to summarize, it has been impossible to remotely hack a hardware wallet thus far, but that can change at any point in the future. They're one of the safest ways to store your crypto, but always keep in mind that you should never be storing all your eggs in one basket.

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:18:17 PM

The software wallet is connected to an internet,so when it is connected to internet the wallet can be hacked.Like software wallet is hardware wallet can be hacked?Is it possible to hack?Is hardware wallet completely offline?

Pretty much everything is hackable depends on the one who is hacking and has a good skill on doing it. Humans do learn how to do it every time there will something new.
mustamin88

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:31:25 PM

I think Hardware Wallet is the safest. Harwdware swallow Can Secure Cryptocurrency Assets. Hardware Wallets Cryptocurrency is a physical device (often called, USB) that allows you to securely generate and store your private key offline.
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:31:40 PM

I think it could be, so we have to be careful in keeping our hardware Wallet. do not be in the retas irresponsible people. try to imagine if our wallets are gassed, and all the assets we have in steal, it will make us angry mixed sad.
reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:38:04 PM

Yes, because there are so many kinds of hackers today and maybe its safe for long range hacker but we should consider also that some hackers are people we are trusted like our friend and relatives that wan to stole our money.
Bhalibad

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:52:25 PM

Yes, because there are so many kinds of hackers today and maybe its safe for long range hacker but we should consider also that some hackers are people we are trusted like our friend and relatives that wan to stole our money.

Yes it will hacked when you put it anywhere not in a safety place.Even in the online system hard wallet is easily hacker.
litepresence

Activity: 358
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:04:45 PM

Everything is hackable. But I am using myetherwallet to protect my tokens and altcoins, i never used metamask wallet so i dont have idea about metamask. But there is no way to hack your MEW without leacking private key. If you incorrectly leak your private key in any scam website you wallet will be easily hack. So while using private key you should causious on that.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:07:02 PM

About the software there are no perfect security system and all has its own vulnerabilities and in the future there will always be a new vulnerabilities that will be discovered and manufacturers will patch it, this is why if you own a hardware wallet, you should always update its software if new patch is released. Hardware wallets can not be hacked if it never been connected on a device that is connected on the internet but can be hacked if someone has physically access the hardware. Remember the man that lost all his savings because all of his cryptocurrencies store on a hardware wallet are gone or hacked? it is because he bought the hardware wallet from a re-seller that might had able to tampered the hardware that he sell and not bought directly from the manufacturer.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:23:45 PM

the most secure way of storing bitcoin is always going to be an actual offline wallet such as a paper wallet. hardware wallets are not exactly cold storages, they are more like secure storages.
there has been cases of exploits in different hardware wallets that actually leaked private keys. fortunately no serious losses has been recorded as far as i can tell but as you can see there is no 100% safety.

There is a FOMO brewing...
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:30:19 PM

I don't hear any report that hardware wallet being hacked till now without tampering.
but you know nothing is safe 100%. And I though hacker will can't hack it without physical hardware in his hand or you let it connect to Internet 24/7.
I hope they will never can do it, just pray

Masha Me1

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:31:10 PM

I do not think that a hardware purse can be easily cracked, it was not so carefully invented and perfected for it
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:32:06 PM

it's not that easy the wallet can be hacked by the damn hacker, bitcoin wallet many ways overcome it like a password with the verification of the phone number we have, it is very strong to secure our bitcoin wallet

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

Alex Foman

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:33:07 PM

I think that unfortunately it is possible, my guess is that the computer to which the hardware purse is connected may or has been hacked in one way or another.
Milla Kross

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:35:30 PM

There are suggestions that it is possible, for example, an intruder can take possession of the device before or after its initialization by the user.
prediction on bush

Activity: 231

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:37:34 PM

I think no because hardware wallet is safest wallet and i think this is not connected on the internet so your private key and your bitcoin are safe to this wallet.
Karina 3340

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:39:09 PM

I believe that it can and it is possible but it needs to be a super hacker, devote it all the time, hardware wallets have a good level of protection.
fokinflor

Activity: 116
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:39:51 PM

it is the only secured wallet available as of today and cannot be hacked!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: