Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:26:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Awareness of Cryptocurrency  (Read 155 times)
Elyenlayna (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:51:21 AM

Just read an article about Japan starting courses for senior citizens to learn more about Cryptocurrency and how to invest why aren't more countries adopting this idea of bringing awareness to people about the Crypto market and how to invest in it without going to external parties for investment advice?, Also shouldn't these courses be available to a broader spectrum of people regardless of characteristics like age,ethnicity or gender especially because of the way crypto is looked at and demonised because of factors like use on dark web sites, Don't you think education on crypto would put these misconceptions to an end and show people how the technology could be beneficial to modern day society?

I've listed the article below if you wish to read further

https://news.bitcoin.com/japanese-crypto-center-investment-course-for-seniors/
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 11:33:35 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2018, 12:06:25 PM by hugeblack

Increased awareness regarding Bitcoin is associated with the ease of using it "from buying, selling and spending to purchase needs" that are not available in the current bitcoin.
The legal status of Bitcoin makes it easy to be accepted commercially, thus driving people to know how to use it.
Otherwise, the ordinary person will not use it. "The majority that currently uses Bitcoin are programmers and economists /*fast earning*/."

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 11:43:57 AM

I don't think they should be promoting Bitcoin as an 'investment', it is a speculation, and buyers should be made aware of this.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Salvodor1982

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:18:57 PM

Increased awareness through these courses can make users savvy. They wont go blindly into an investment or have the vulnerability of being scammed. The more people understand the less they will have to fear. I think more countries should implement this.
Elyenlayna (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:13:15 PM

Increased awareness regarding Bitcoin is associated with the ease of using it "from buying, selling and spending to purchase needs" that are not available in the current bitcoin.
The legal status of Bitcoin makes it easy to be accepted commercially, thus driving people to know how to use it.
Otherwise, the ordinary person will not use it. "The majority that currently uses Bitcoin are programmers and economists /*fast earning*/."

I get that so we haven't reached a point yet where Bitcoin is largely used enough for it to be necessary for people to be educated about ? Do you think Crypto will ever reach that point of becoming necessary enough to be taught in places like schools or colleges?
ummart66

Activity: 93
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:22:09 PM

I get that so we haven't reached a point yet where Bitcoin is largely used enough for it to be necessary for people to be educated about ? Do you think Crypto will ever reach that point of becoming necessary enough to be taught in places like schools or colleges?

I don't think bitcoin/crypto will ever be taught in schools worldwide. Even right now there is extremely little financial education in Canada and the United States, I don't know about elsewhere in the world.
Unfortunately in these places it's kind of expected that parents will teach their children how to be smart about their finances. Unfortunately, as you can see by the numbers of people in debt in these countries, there are too many people that do not know what they're doing when it comes to finances, and they may not  be passing on the right information to their children.

Additionally, lots of people see learning about taxes, how to budget, how to save money, etc, as an extremely boring topic. They'd rather pay someone to do their taxes, and they'd rather just buy things on their credit cards and pay off their huge purchases at $100 a month or whatever their minimum payments are. Many people don't realize that if you invest even a week or two into learning how to better manage your finances, that week worth of time invested could save years in the total time spent working.

Overall, I do think education about finances is the best financial investment you can make. It's easily the safest you can make, you'll never lose what you've learned, and it has the potential of adding years onto your retirement.

Unfortunately, there really doesn't seem like there's anything in motion to start teaching finances in schools, especially not cryptocurrency.

birzh0

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:23:35 PM

Japan as always steps forward. before other world.
but i think similar steps realized in other countries also, just without such  PR
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:40:43 AM

That’s great news. I think all countries should do this. This will helps the undigitalized people get familiar with cryptos. Very few population of the whole world is aware of cryptocurrencies. This will increase it awareness. The education will help the investors to trade systematically and handle the difficult situations with care. and many myths about crypto market will also be broken.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:01:00 PM

I don't think they should be promoting Bitcoin as an 'investment', it is a speculation, and buyers should be made aware of this.

A speculation is also a form of an investment. The only difference is the degree of risk. High risk investments are sometimes called speculations, that's all. Is BTC a high risk investment? I'd say no. It's of course much riskier than government bonds, but the reward is also much higher.
I like that they're teaching people to put their money into new things. Keeping everything in the form of fiat money also isn't the best idea.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
rajkr

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:04:52 PM

one should teach about the technology involved in cryptocurrency  , benefit of crypto currency ,ease of transaction  .So that it can be used like fiat currency and can be more popular. Trading and investment is another aspect of it.
huhhuh18

Activity: 250
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:12:42 PM

That is a very good initiative for Japan to take. Those who want to ban cryptocurrency should rather think about how to create the awareness and also educate more people on how to live safe on the cryptoecosystem. They should accept crypto is the new technology and we must all learn about it

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:58:18 PM

Japanese knowledge in blockchain technology is more advance than we can see in other countries. Their understanding of cryptocurrency is the cause of these programs they are running for their citizen on awareness of cryptocurrency. Until other countries develop into such level, there won't be anyway for them to run an awareness program in cryptocurrency.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: