Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragging my artist friend into the 21st century!  (Read 751 times)
Zangy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:48:54 AM

Hi all, i'm fairly new to Bitcoins but I can already see the huge attraction in being able to trade using this. I've been mining for about 2 weeks now (with noddy USB sticks) but loving it.

I have a good friend of mine who is a Wildlife artist living in the UK, he sells prints (and original paintings) and is well respected in his field, but as you can imagine, artists know diddly about cryptocurrencies and computers etc, which is where I can try help (a little).

I think it would be great to set him up as a BTC trader (i.e. sell his work and accept BTC as payment). He's understandably nervous/confused about it all...

What quite frankly frightens me is the amount of scam and the minefield of trying to do this properly, so hoping a few very kind forum members can guide me.

So a few questions:
1) Is this a good idea?

And if so:
2) presumably I can look at the "merchant" tools to try help him embed BTC into his website etc?
3) Presumably need to set him up with a wallet? And a mechanism for exchange BTC for £? Mt GOX?

Want to take this step by step and take advice from the community as I go along.

Thanks in advance
Anis (aka Zangy)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zangy (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:43:41 PM

I guess from the lack of response I have my answer... Oh well, it was just a thought...
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 02:57:16 PM

No one is answering because this information has already been written. Go look for it. Its here.
jsmit332

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001

Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:58:36 PM

i agree with  but i will give you some answers for my perspective. they are only brief.

1) yes this will be a good idea for your friend as it will make the amount of people that buy his artwork of him border. because some people don't like            using physical real money to pay for things online. But he will need to understand bitcoin and how to keep things secure. Generally this is good as it will give him an edge over competitors. It will only give him a small edge but nowadays any edge is important.

2) bit pay works well. I believe there is also an option coin base offer.

3) cant really offer many solutions to this but i sell my BTC for cash in person

I hope this helps
Zangy (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:09:22 AM

i agree with  but i will give you some answers for my perspective. they are only brief.

1) yes this will be a good idea for your friend as it will make the amount of people that buy his artwork of him border. because some people don't like            using physical real money to pay for things online. But he will need to understand bitcoin and how to keep things secure. Generally this is good as it will give him an edge over competitors. It will only give him a small edge but nowadays any edge is important.

2) bit pay works well. I believe there is also an option coin base offer.

3) cant really offer many solutions to this but i sell my BTC for cash in person

I hope this helps

Appreciate the responses... will take it slow and careful, and do the research
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: