Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:40:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of Github?  (Read 225 times)
#BitcoinVegan (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:21:21 AM

With Microsofts recent purchase of Github does anyone have an opinion of what this means for open source coding community and Devs.

I know alot ot people aren't happy with this.

Questions I have:

Is there another platform, I heard of bitbucket how is it?

Will someone just make another site?

Or

Will platforms like github have to go totally decentralized?
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:00:39 PM

Great question, it remains to be seen....

Nadella apparently has voiced numerous times that he has no intention of changing the developer-first characteristic of github. Will that hold true? We'll have to wait and see. Obviously a lot of people do not believe this and as you alluded to, another site will probably start seeing a growth in their community as a result of this business deal--one example being GitLab. One thing to note, however, is that before all of this MS was already one of the biggest contributors to github through many of their own programs, so there is a chance MS will not make drastic changes.
glider101

Activity: 125
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:02:04 PM

Good question and tough to determine as its only day #1.
But anytime a major big player purchases another company, especially in tech, we tend to see greater performance.
Would be nice to have microsoft stock today.
voltagecrypto98

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:57:44 PM

It was really a great place for the open source software and the devs. Not sure what is the next plan of microsoft. But I do believe that some other open source platform will be developed soon to contribute the open platform.
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:23:03 PM

Many of experts and professionals believe that buying GitHub will take Microsoft back to its roots, for Microsoft acquiring GitHub might be both a return to the company initial roots or/and can give shape turnaround where it was ten years ago.
buddhikacrypto

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 10:41:48 AM

oh noo  Angry end of the Github. definitely github rise a lot of bugs.there is another options like bitbucket.currently i'm using that.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:11:32 PM

Did Skype die after it was purchased by Microsoft? Everybody was predicting it would, but it is quite all right, I think. The same for GitHub. Actually being a part of Microsoft might help it. Or not Smiley Future will tell.
robertcross07

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:42:36 PM

It was really unexpected to loss a platform like github. Though I am not sure about the plan of Microsoft. However let hope for the best and wait for a time to build a platform like github. Even github would develop more for the open source developer.
dawsonenzo

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:44:31 PM

Github was really a good platform for developers also it’s related with computer various types of codes based on this result Microsoft buy this org. as a result their whole structure will be changed based on this it’s may be give services but not like before.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:06:14 PM

Guys do not panic! After reading this thread I went to my GitHub account and everything is as I left it. GitHub represents for me the best platform to create projects based on codes. While studying my coding courses last year I learned to use the platform I left for a moment because I am looking for opportunities in bitcointalk.

In that time I remember learning to code with totally free courses developed by Microsoft on the edX platform. I do not believe that the acquisition of GitHub by Microsoft is to subtract everything that has given to developers so far I think Microsoft is going to add to GitHub as they say: "Empowering Developers". Take a look at the following article from Microsoft's own source.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:11:28 PM

Microsoft has one of the most efficient operating systems for computers. Their OS is fast, and self-correcting. So, why wouldn't they be able to handle Github?

The questions are, who will leave Github because they are against MS? How long will it take MS to start tracking Github users in ways that they don't want to be tracked? Could Github actually be improved upon by MS? Will some of the Github programming be forced into a form of stereotyping like W-10 is, where people will not be able to adjust the programming as they want?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
zaydenrowan

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:33:25 PM

Github was really a good platform for developers also it’s related with computer various types of codes based on this result Microsoft buy this org. as a result their whole structure will be changed based on this it’s may be give services but not like before.
jamesbtcearn

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:07:38 AM

This a website where you can you can get hosting service also they do mostly computer codes based on this but Microsoft bought this few days ago but this is not the end of the future they will run but in the way of Microsoft based on this same things we can get but different way.
gretajanke

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:12:33 AM

Talking about that, I'd like to mention that we are currently working on similar project based on EOS. Actually, it's an EOS infrastructure and Git based community driven market of code for different programming languages in one place. It will be better than Github. If anyone would like to know more, just send me a pm.
shampapk1988

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:48:29 PM

There are many people’s are said that github will provide good services. But they are not maintain their level of performance that’s why right now they are death in the market.
rahimali

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:32:52 AM

Github was previusly known to be one of the best places for open source coding. Now as MIcrosoft bought it, many users have doubts on their nextplan. As of now, there is no such website.
jakebell

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:36:33 PM

Microsoft is one of the biggest tech giants in the world. So I believe that they will take some good initiatives to make the platform of github more useful and developers will be more free to contribute in this sector.
Denbella

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:19:40 PM

Github was a kind of person who could run like an animal
garybyerz

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:39:38 PM

Github was really a great place for open source software. Now nothing can be said so surely about the next planning of microsoft. But it is believed that some other platform will be developed soon for the open source softwaress.
rn4j0r

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 10:33:12 PM

Microsoft has been pretty friendly recently towards the open source and Linux communities.

I don't think them acquiring Github is a negative thing. If anything, it is a positive change for Microsoft and shows they are willing to work more with OS and *nix options.

If you are looking for an alternative, check out Gitlab.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: