Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:41:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How are the new solidcoin accounts mached to old accounts?  (Read 3744 times)
EskimoBob (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:25:13 AM

3) Currently it is most likely that a new genesis block will be formed with 1128000 + fee coverage SolidCoins in it. This amount comes from the fact that 35250 blocks have thus far been generated and there was 32 coins in each block. 35250*32 = 1128000 . These coins will then be distributed to owners of coins on the old network either using an automated service that looks at each address with a positive balance in the old chain and sends funds or a wallet balance service where a wallets entire balance is sent to one address (results in smaller chain than other method).

I do not understand, how is this actually done. You can not just start a new fork with a new chain/genesis block and use existing wallets and existing account numbers.
You have NO idea what my new account number is going to be so how are they matched?

One thing is for sure, this redistribution circus must be audited by community and make sure that everyone gets back the coin they had and nothing gets stolen by RealSolid/CoinHunter.
Hopefully by that time there till is backup of existing transfers in human readable and searchable form.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:28:25 AM

You can send the balance to each address.
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:33:16 AM

Spacy, could you elaborate on the procedure ?

Let's say I have an old_solidcoin wallet.dat with 10 solidcoinses "in it".

Let's say I download and start New_Solidcoin's client.

How do I proceed about getting 10 New_Solidcoins in my New_Solidcoin's wallet.dat ? Or is that supposed to happen automagically ?

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
EskimoBob (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:33:47 AM

You can send the balance to each address.
To what address? Lets say I have 10 accounts in solidcoin1 and total balance of 10 000 SLC.
How do you know what is my account number in solidcoin 2.0? It has a different chain so it will have completely new account addresses in this new "network".
Have I misunderstood something?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Spacy

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:35:26 AM

If you look at the blockchain each address has a balance of >= 0. This doesn't use any "wallet-thing", just plain addresses.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:36:54 AM

Um, I smell fish.

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
Spacy

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:37:52 AM

Um, I smell fish.

Is that you? Pissed of because noone want's to support your "experimental chain"?
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:44:34 AM

Um, I smell fish.

Is that you? Pissed of because noone want's to support your "experimental chain"?

I am hardly pissed - in fact, for something less than a week old, Geist is doing decently given that I am not paying people to spam twitter (maybe I should, lol...).

However, I am genuinely interested how do you distribute funds between two unrelated blockchains without having access to the key material found in wallet.dat of the person who "owns" the coins in the "old" chain.

I would like to have a succinct and technically accurate description of this process posted, since it seems quite ingenious a development.

Feed the Lolcust!
Spacy

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:46:57 AM

However, I am genuinely interested how do you distribute funds between two unrelated blockchains without having access to the key material found in wallet.dat of the person who "owns" the coins in the "old" chain.

I would like to have a succinct and technically accurate description of this process posted, since it seems quite ingenious a development.

You are developing a blockchain and can't answer that questions? ^^
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:50:02 AM

Oh, don't be coy.

I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in how exactly does one go about it in SC-Neo.

In fact, at least the thread starter is as interested as I am.

Be a pal and enlighten us two. With your superior understanding, explaining it in an accurate and exhaustive manner should not be that hard.

Feed the Lolcust!
Spacy

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:52:56 AM

Some initial wallet gets all the money in the genesis block, and then sends the last balance of the stopped blockchain to each address? ;-)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:53:39 AM

Simple - you use the same addresses as in the old block chain.
Then when you connect for the first time - use your old wallet.dat.

Which points out that the whole thing is a scam.
Use the old block-chain - why create a new block-chain?
No need for a new block chain at all ... unless CoinHunter wants to get a shit load of coins in block 0 without mining and pretend he deserves them for free.
(as I said elsewhere - the same scam the GG block-chain did - but CoinHunter wasn't smart enough to do the first time - so he now wants to do it and pretend he needs to restart the block-chain so he can do it)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
simonk83

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:58:29 AM

This whole thing is just a giant mess and I honestly don't understand why anyone is paying coinhunter the slightest bit of attention.   The guy's a fruitloop.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:02:11 PM

Ah, now I see. Thanks Smiley

Feed the Lolcust!
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:27:09 PM

Hehe you make a good point spacy. Smiley

Each address in the old SC blockchain has a balance which varies over the chain length. The balance at block 35250 for each address will be what we give people back in the new chain. All the history is in the blockchain that we and everyone else has.

The reason for starting with a fresh genesis block is it clears the chain of the transaction spam from artforz and co, whilst also making the code easier to update in the future as we have a new protocol. The method used to give funds back to the thousands of users is still being discussed, but I am sure if there is any "stuff up" then people will have a right to be be annoyed.

It's kinda hard to con thousands of people Eskimo, even though I'm sure you would be so secretly delighted if I was such a scammer, "I told you so guys , total scammer this guy!!!!". You are a ghoul and I hope if you do have any SolidCoins you sell them immediately when v2.0 is released.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:31:26 PM

It's kinda hard to con thousands of people Eskimo, even though I'm sure you would be so secretly delighted if I was such a scammer, "I told you so guys , total scammer this guy!!!!". You are a ghoul

Oh my... Sad

Feed the Lolcust!
shads

Activity: 266
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:37:59 PM

So how long do people have to claim their coins?  1 yr?  5 yrs?

What happens to unclaimed coins after this period?

PoolServerJ Home Page - High performance java mining pool engine

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
Stop wasting the internet.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:38:30 PM

Hehe you make a good point spacy. Smiley

Each address in the old SC blockchain has a balance which varies over the chain length. The balance at block 35250 for each address will be what we give people back in the new chain. All the history is in the blockchain that we and everyone else has.

The reason for starting with a fresh genesis block is it clears the chain of the transaction spam from artforz and co, whilst also making the code easier to update in the future as we have a new protocol. The method used to give funds back to the thousands of users is still being discussed, but I am sure if there is any "stuff up" then people will have a right to be be annoyed.

It's kinda hard to con thousands of people Eskimo, even though I'm sure you would be so secretly delighted if I was such a scammer, "I told you so guys , total scammer this guy!!!!". You are a ghoul and I hope if you do have any SolidCoins you sell them immediately when v2.0 is released.

Being vague doesn't work either.

How many transactions are there that "artforz and co" created out of the 35,250.
And what are the block numbers they are in and what are the transaction numbers?
Since there will be a specific detail about these transactions, it will be simple for you to answer this question ... if you are any good at writing SIMPLE software (could do it in PHP pretty easily so no reason to even have to write real code)

The spam that caused SC to fail temporarily was small ... and since that is your excuse, then you should ALREADY have the details of your excuse ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
CoinHunter

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:42:54 PM

So how long do people have to claim their coins?  1 yr?  5 yrs?

Depends on method chosen. If automatic, all the coins, whether lost or not will go to the addresses as outlined in the chain. If manual wallet processing is done.....

What happens to unclaimed coins after this period?

I'm not sure how long we will wait if manual processing is done. Likely a few months. Any unused coins at that point would go into the CPF. If people later came forward to collect with valid wallets the CPF would fund it anyhow. I don't think it would be right to not give people back valid amounts at any time in the future. One of the advantages of having a CPF.

You can read some threads on our forum if you're interested in the future we are taking, unlike Bitcoin we want to create a constitution that all developers and people who are involved with any central part of Bitcoin have to follow. Break that and you're out.

CoinHunter

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:45:59 PM

The spam that caused SC to fail temporarily was small ... and since that is your excuse, then you should ALREADY have the details of your excuse ...

I likely shouldn't respond to your post as I've already read numerous posts from you trolling myself and the project however I'll give you the benefit of the doubt....

The spam isn't what caused SC to fail, it was the potential for a 51% attack to wipe out the exchanges of their USD and BTC which made me shut down the network. Rather than have people robbed blind by hackers like Artforz I will shut down the network until I have solved that problem.

All Bitcoin forks and bitcoin itself suffer from the same problem, and no exchange owner that is intelligent will support an alt chain for the foreseeable future as the hackers are now coordinating mining efforts to rob them of all their worth.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: