Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:48:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is President Trump good or bad for the economy?  (Read 1074 times)
mcqueen95 (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:48:34 PM

Like any president, Trump is taking credit for good economic news. his highlighted rising stocks and falling unemployment. But Trump also, famously, regards trade deficits as a sign of economic weakness.

he's doing better than his opponents will admit and worse than his supporters believe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:09:47 PM

Like any president, Trump is taking credit for good economic news. his highlighted rising stocks and falling unemployment. But Trump also, famously, regards trade deficits as a sign of economic weakness.

he's doing better than his opponents will admit and worse than his supporters believe.
I do think trump doing good in economy but i dont think trump is a good decision making. USD  become more stronger right now and we dont expect that happening when trump selected to be the president of US, so i guess Trump bring good things in economy of america.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Eliyo

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:26:12 PM

Trump personifies business, it is therefore normal for him to claim credit for good economic news. Trump should also be given credit for recognizing the signs of economic weaknesses because what matters is the economic philosophy driving the decisions leading the trade deficits. For me, Trump has a focus which if achieved will ultimately reverse the attendant deficit being incurred at the moment.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 05:00:12 PM

I've read personal accounts of contractors that are having extreme difficulties finding cheap steel.
This is because of the new import tariffs, some quote that prices are up to 50% higher. They're also having trouble honoring previously signed contracts because of it.

Now, this is just one aspect of the effect of Trumps measures, but I personally don't think that protectionist measures are a good idea in general.

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:09:10 PM

He is good for the American economy and bad for everyone else .
There is nothing that I could even consider besides that.
He is kind of doing everything to make America dominant and that means harming other Nations even if they need to.
He is for sure doing things that are not that nice , he is trying to get everyone else out of the picture leaving only the great American population and I think if it was 100 years back he would be the king leading his army to take each and every Country and expand his regime . Thank God he wasn't present back then 😂

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:33:21 PM

I doubt that rising stocks are particularly related to Trump´s policy. The main predictor
for stock market movements are the interest rates from the most important central
banks of the world (of course the Federal Reserve is the most important one).
Low interest rates lead to a huge influx of cheap money into the markets, which
causes a rise in all asset classes (stock market, real estate...).
Besides, the big central banks have been buying bonds in order to prop up
the market in violation of their actual mandate.

All in all the markets are propped up by the unprecedented amounts of liquidity
that have entered the markets due to the central banks policy. Obviously,
Trump is claiming that this was his success, but without these measures we wouldn´t have
seen so many good economic news.

Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:46:46 PM

There is little likelihood that the tax reform of President Trump will lead to a significant economic recovery. The only hope is a rapid growth in productivity, which, for objective reasons, is unlikely. Many key indicators - the weakening of the credit momentum, the slowed growth of commercial and industrial loans and the smoothing of the yield curve indicate that the US is close to completing the prosperous economic cycle.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:55:35 PM

Before becoming president of America, Trump is known as an entrepreneur so it is only natural that the priority sector to be fixed in America is the economic sector, recently some of Trump's policies are able to make dollar strengthen in the stock market. Maybe this is not favored by other countries but for America itself it is a remarkable achievement.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:59:01 PM

I have found a good article about "Trumponomics" and the ball is in your court Smiley
Link>>>https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/it-s-not-stupid-the-economy-the-good-and-bad-of-trumponomics-1.3360231
rat03gopoh

Activity: 2086
Merit: 639

Your keys your responsibility

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 06:05:41 PM

This question may be able to be answered by American citizens who feel the immediate impact after Trump is elected. As with taxes, Trump has promised a massive tax cut since the Ronald Reagan era. Such as corporate tax cuts, where the current corporate tax in the United States reached 35%. source : https://ekbis.sindonews.com/read/1154087/35
Surely this is a good plan to restore the glory of the US economy that may have decreased when held by the previous president.

▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██ ▄█▀▓█████▓██   ██▓  ██████   
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒    ██▄█▒ ▓█   ▀ ▒██  ██▒▒██    ▒   
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓███▄░ ▒███    ▒██ ██░░ ▓██▄     
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▓██ █▄ ▒▓█  ▄  ░ ▐██▓░  ▒   ██▒ 
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ▒██▒ █▄░▒████▒ ░ ██▒▓░▒██████▒▒ 
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ▒ ▒▒ ▓▒░░ ▒░ ░  ██▒▒▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░ 
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░   ░ ░▒ ▒░ ░ ░  ░▓██ ░▒░ ░ ░▒  ░ ░ 
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░    ░ ░░ ░    ░   ▒ ▒ ░░  ░  ░  ░   
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░        ░  ░      ░  ░░ ░           ░   
 ░ ░                                                 ░ ░                 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄██▀▀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀▀▀█▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄█▀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐▀█▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐████████████⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████████████▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█████████████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▐⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▄██▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀███████████⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀██▌⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀███▄▄▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀██▀▀██▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀▐▀███▀▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▌⠀⠀▄██⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀██▀██▀██▀██▀████▄⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀▀█▀▀▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀█⠀█▀█▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀`⠀⠀▄⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀▀▐▀██▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀█⠀⠀▀██████▄▄⠀⠀█▀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀██⠀▄⠀⠀⠀`▀███⠀█⠀▀▀██████▄⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀▄███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀▀▀▄▄⠀⠀▀████▀▄⠀▀██████▄▄▄█▄█████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀▐███▄█⠀▄⠀▀▀█████████▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████▄▀⠀⠀▀▀▀▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▌▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▀███▀▀⠀⠀▐█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██▀███  ▓█████   ██████  ██▓███   ▒█████   ███▄    █   ██████  ██▓ ▄▄▄▄    ██▓ ██▓     ██▓▄▄▄█████▓▓██   ██▓
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒   ▓██ ▒ ██▒▓█   ▀ ▒██    ▒ ▓██░  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██ ▀█   █ ▒██    ▒ ▓██▒▓█████▄ ▓██▒▓██▒    ▓██▒▓  ██▒ ▓▒ ▒██  ██▒
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓██ ░▄█ ▒▒███   ░ ▓██▄   ▓██░ ██▓▒▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▀█ ██▒░ ▓██▄   ▒██▒▒██▒ ▄██▒██▒▒██░    ▒██▒▒ ▓██░ ▒░  ▒██ ██░
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▒██▀▀█▄  ▒▓█  ▄   ▒   ██▒▒██▄█▓▒ ▒▒██   ██░▓██▒  ▐▌██▒  ▒   ██▒░██░▒██░█▀  ░██░▒██░    ░██░░ ▓██▓ ░   ░ ▐██▓░
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ░██▓ ▒██▒░▒████▒▒██████▒▒▒██▒ ░  ░░ ████▓▒░▒██░   ▓██░▒██████▒▒░██░░▓█  ▀█▓░██░░██████▒░██░  ▒██▒ ░   ░ ██▒▓░
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░░░ ▒░ ░▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░▒▓▒░ ░  ░░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░ ▒░   ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░░▓  ░▒▓███▀▒░▓  ░ ▒░▓  ░░▓    ▒ ░░      ██▒▒▒
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░     ░▒ ░ ▒░ ░ ░  ░░ ░▒  ░ ░░▒ ░       ░ ▒ ▒░ ░ ░░   ░ ▒░░ ░▒  ░ ░ ▒ ░▒░▒   ░  ▒ ░░ ░ ▒  ░ ▒ ░    ░     ▓██ ░▒░
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░      ░░   ░    ░   ░  ░  ░  ░░       ░ ░ ░ ▒     ░   ░ ░ ░  ░  ░   ▒ ░ ░    ░  ▒ ░  ░ ░    ▒ ░  ░       ▒ ▒ ░░
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░           ░        ░  ░      ░               ░ ░           ░       ░   ░   ░       ░      ░  ░ ░            ░ ░   
 ░ ░                                                                                                            ░                           ░ ░     
coincruncher1982

Activity: 82
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:55:27 PM

Personally I don't think Trump has as much influence on the economy as people think he does
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 09:45:56 PM

Donald Trump is first a  businessman before a president. Barack Obama was more of a lawyer than a president. I expect Trump to perform better than Obama on the economy, Trump has the right to brag if the economy is better and also receive the blame if it not.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:52:36 PM

Here is a screenshot I took of Donald J. Trump's (I think) 2nd draft proposal for a tax plan, which was posted on his website in 2016. Its worth reading very carefully as it represents a polar opposite to what americans would have gotten had another candidate been elected.

Trump's initial proposal was to cut income taxes for poor americans to 0%.

Unfortunately the media spins Trump's tax cuts into "privilege for the rich" and focuses only on the corporate tax cuts, while ignoring others that were proposed. Also unfortunately Trump wasn't able to get the tax cuts he wanted for the poor or the simplification of the tax code into 3 distinct income groups. Trump has also not been able to reduce spending and bring it under control.

Even with the acknowledged negatives whatever Trump has done is a million times better than what americans would have gotten under Hillary, Bernie Sanders or anyone else, I believe. Trump's tax cuts, trade deficit reduction, deregulation and assorted policies are at the forefront of the USA's recent economic improvements. Any other candidate would have raised taxes, further strangulating the US economy and job markets, which would have been far worse.
mason13

Activity: 159
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:58:12 PM

I am not living in U.S. but Trump's economic politics is not good for me. Its good for me when dollar is strong because I am earning money in USD mostly. So I was able to sell USD->my local currency with good rate when Obama was. Now after Trump crashed dollar I am getting less local currency for it so... Vote democrats!  Roll Eyes
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:03:11 PM

I'm not an American and I don't know the real situation of economy of the US. But our country has been affected with his moves and in return we are in bad economy right now.

Prices of commodities and basic needs are increasing, this is a domino effect or I'm just pointing out that he's the one that is responsible for this.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Chaki

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:06:47 PM

He's decision is needed to be wise for it will affect his country people and if his senators don't help him to have good decision then he will be bad for the economy.

█▄█▄█  ⚷ ROCATI ⚷ █▄█▄█
First Cryptocurrency Linked to a Tangible Asset: Real Estate Properties
https://www.rocati.net/
Thatsit

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 11:26:11 PM

The President of a country has many responsibilities and they try to fulfill those responsibilities. Among them, the economic growth of a country is very important. And for the sake of economic growth, not only the trump is the state and the cooperation of the people of the state. But I think he is working tirelessly.
Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:46:17 PM

President Trump is a successful businessman so most probably he has the ability to be able to bring good economy to his country, but on the other he has not been to politics yet, like starting a lower position first before becoming a president, so there is a tendency he could not execute a wise decision. Or maybe his ways being a businessman is not that effective to a president position.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:06:21 PM

Semi political and society thread being here I hope. If you want to invest on any crypto currencies you do not need the help of Trump or Putin. People are the power source to elect them. Since the voters missing to choose the right candidate we cannot change the fate of the government which is not helpful to the people. Actually every bitcoiners knows that bitcoin is the power source to change the world economy with out any control and every one can work independently. But politicians will never let that happen.
Red Fish

Activity: 435
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:56:03 PM

US economy is too large, so it is moving by itself. Even President Trump without changes in laws, can not do something for so large ecnomy. But changes in the laws is not in the hands of president. He can speak at US congress, but that's all what he can do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: