Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:06:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie looking to get going!  (Read 154 times)
Retty (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:58:41 PM

Hi guys,

I thought i would introduce myself (hopefully i am in the right place!  Undecided )

Just a regular family guy from the North East of England who dipped his toes into the crypto waters!

I am new here but not brand new to Crypto having been in it for the last 18 months- some would argue that is brand new but that's subjective!  Grin

Looking to make friendships, learn and hopefully pick up some tips and tricks from all you lovely folk out there! I am more than happy to chip in and help anyone I can if possible, and seeing if there are any opportunities to help one another in the future!

Retty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 05:30:56 PM

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Hampshire, so it's nice to see another Englishman joining.

There are quite a few threads and articles to help you get started in the forum. It's a bit polarised, so you need to tread carefully at first. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Retty (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:35:49 PM

Thanks for that Jet cash! Hopefully i will be able to pitch into some of the conversations on here- there are enough topics for me to surely know something about! haha

Good to see another englishman in here too!  Wink
TreeMon

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:14:32 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Havn't been in Englen, but it's in my bucket list.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:30:43 PM

Hi guys,

I thought i would introduce myself (hopefully i am in the right place!  Undecided )

Just a regular family guy from the North East of England who dipped his toes into the crypto waters!

I am new here but not brand new to Crypto having been in it for the last 18 months- some would argue that is brand new but that's subjective!  Grin

Looking to make friendships, learn and hopefully pick up some tips and tricks from all you lovely folk out there! I am more than happy to chip in and help anyone I can if possible, and seeing if there are any opportunities to help one another in the future!

Retty.

Take a good look at the rules, this forum is not forgiving.

Realerre

Activity: 124
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:32:42 PM

Welcome and watch tour back, this piace is full of knowledge but also full of scammers
Retty (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:35:42 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Hey thanks Treemon, if you like grey skies and bad weather then England is the place for you!  Wink
MasRow

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:46:12 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Hey thanks Treemon, if you like grey skies and bad weather then England is the place for you!  Wink

I heard that you have excellent tee too Cheesy
And that bet thing is to avoid football fans. And word soccer is evil!
Retty (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:58:47 AM

Welcome and watch tour back, this piace is full of knowledge but also full of scammers

Thank you, yes unfortunately there are scammers left right and centre these days! Whatever happened to good old fashioned hard work?  Embarrassed
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 09:31:01 AM

As a new member, you could help me. I wrote an article about the merit system here, and I'm trying to get some feedback about it. Here is the link -
The Bitcoin Talk merit system

So far I have only received comments by senior members, and they feel that the use of the words 'medals' and 'credits' is confusing. I had hoped that this approach would make things clearer. As a new member, what is your opinion? Please note that this article does not discuss the ranking system, but is just a description of the merit component of the system.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:58:43 PM

Wow! So optimistic! I love it! Welcome to the forum Retty!

We always welcome potential new members like you here. We went to what your situation is right now and we’re all here to help. A heads up about the environment, of course some people might pull you down here, this is just like social media. But with that kind of attitude? I say you will be one of the people who will tell stories for our future newbies how did you become successful. Good luck!

Retty (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:01:13 PM

As a new member, you could help me. I wrote an article about the merit system here, and I'm trying to get some feedback about it. Here is the link -
The Bitcoin Talk merit system

So far I have only received comments by senior members, and they feel that the use of the words 'medals' and 'credits' is confusing. I had hoped that this approach would make things clearer. As a new member, what is your opinion? Please note that this article does not discuss the ranking system, but is just a description of the merit component of the system.

Hi Jet cash, thanks for the opportunity to have a look at this, I will give the thread a thorough lookover as soon as i get my kids off to bed and i shall post my honest opinion.  Smiley
Retty (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:10:05 PM

Wow! So optimistic! I love it! Welcome to the forum Retty!

We always welcome potential new members like you here. We went to what your situation is right now and we’re all here to help. A heads up about the environment, of course some people might pull you down here, this is just like social media. But with that kind of attitude? I say you will be one of the people who will tell stories for our future newbies how did you become successful. Good luck!

Hi Woterry! Thank you very much for your kind words, and yes I am an optimistic (glass half-full) kind of person and glad to meet someone else likeminded! I've been members of other various forums through the years and no doubt the culture will be similar to what i have seen before- opportunity mixed with difficulty!  Cheesy

I tend not to get involved in arguments and always respect someone elses opinion regardless if i agree with it or not. I also hope your prediction of me telling stories to future noobs comes true too! haha.

Thanks again i appreciate it!  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: