Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:52:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Naive Romantisism with the Roman Empire these days in the west  (Read 162 times)
KingScorpio (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 05:35:12 PM
Merited by theymos (1)

i have long time joined the naive romantisism with the roman empire which the western media are spreading,

but they are depciting an absolutely wrong picture, the roman empire was something else than a romantic coporation of people trying to live good.

it was:

1. a pyramid system and a banking cartel similar like today

2. it was enslaving trapped humans using them as money earning cattle to supply its economic and militaristic maschinery, similar like the united states, today, but with less mental tricks and much more force

3. it mercisely protected its higher lines with slaves and slave protective legistlation

in the end the surpression of the slaves lead to the roman empire being unable to evolve and develop.

later there was a trick used through christianity that conquered the roman empire and its mlm pyramid sceme.

what do you guys think?

will we see such a brachial and brutal society again? since the current banking system is under attack from everywhere.

regards

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SmokeTheAir

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:13:19 AM

I think decentralized finantial projects are on the way to fill that gap. I hope that with colaborative consumption and decentralization we get out of Giza pyramid vision.

Something we have evolved, romans had their coliseums, slavery etc, but now we have violent content everywhere. It could be called a transition from brutal to just watching brutal.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:58:09 AM

I've also noticed romanticism of Rome, both in my surroundings and in myself. Often when I imagine how organizations/governments/societies ought to be structured, without noticing it I start thinking of the Roman system. Eg. a while ago I was thinking that bitcointalk.org has over its history usually had two admins, which reminded me of the system under the Roman Republic of there being two consuls, and I intuitively found this comparison satisfying. Then I had to remind myself that the Roman state failed in innumerable different ways (including in many ways that Romans cared about -- not just from a modern perspective), it was anti-technological, it was inherently, grossly immoral, it was almost diametrically opposed to my ideological viewpoint, etc. But Rome permeates our culture so much, even today, that I just can't help but have my thoughts colored by it sometimes.

The USA reminds me very much of Rome. The government is (intentionally) very similar, there is a similar breakdown in government function caused by a mismatch between how the factions are supposed to be balanced and how the factions exist today, there is the same sort of schizophrenic and expansionist foreign policy, etc. I've been increasingly feeling that the US government has entered a highly dysfunctional state similar to the Roman Republic in its last 50-100 years, and the mounting pressure of broken government will soon lead to crises and then major governmental changes, similar to Rome. (Though history is not actually cyclical, so I'm not going to predict that there will be an actual Emperor of the US at any point in the future...)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 03:39:53 PM

The USA reminds me very much of Rome. The government is (intentionally) very similar, there is a similar breakdown in government function caused by a mismatch between how the factions are supposed to be balanced and how the factions exist today, there is the same sort of schizophrenic and expansionist foreign policy, etc. I've been increasingly feeling that the US government has entered a highly dysfunctional state similar to the Roman Republic in its last 50-100 years, and the mounting pressure of broken government will soon lead to crises and then major governmental changes, similar to Rome. (Though history is not actually cyclical, so I'm not going to predict that there will be an actual Emperor of the US at any point in the future...)

Incompetence breeds incompetence and protects it under the banner of political correctness.

I blame the education system, especially universities.

This problem is not just in the government. The private sector is infested with incompetence.  One big cancer.

state nowadays wants money earning cattle, but is the bitcoinsect different, or all those other cryptocurrency people? nope they aren't i am afraid we re heading for a bad ending.

green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:44:16 PM

Incompetence breeds incompetence and protects it under the banner of political correctness.

This problem is not just in the government. The private sector is infested with incompetence.  One big cancer.

The education system is a joke and just spews brainwashing profit driven propaganda.  We are taught to be slaves, hypnotized by television & media.  We have an illusion of freedom but we are all controlled.  People are slowly losing their intelligence and eating gmo frankenstein food.

Most history is also false, so things you may have learned about the roman empire may be completely untrue.  every society in the last few hundred years has been controlled by the banks.  the banking system controls the entire country. That is the root of the problem.
KingScorpio (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 04:13:55 PM

This problem is not just in the government. The private sector is infested with incompetence.  One big cancer.

The education system is a joke and just spews brainwashing profit driven propaganda.  We are taught to be slaves, hypnotized by television & media.  We have an illusion of freedom but we are all controlled.  People are slowly losing their intelligence and eating gmo frankenstein food.

Most history is also false, so things you may have learned about the roman empire may be completely untrue.  every society in the last few hundred years has been controlled by the banks.  the banking system controls the entire country. That is the root of the problem.

jes but the banker association gives the people at least some freedom to move around

thx for the merit btw

B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:28:37 PM

I've also noticed romanticism of Rome, both in my surroundings and in myself. Often when I imagine how organizations/governments/societies ought to be structured, without noticing it I start thinking of the Roman system. Eg. a while ago I was thinking that bitcointalk.org has over its history usually had two admins, which reminded me of the system under the Roman Republic of there being two consuls, and I intuitively found this comparison satisfying. Then I had to remind myself that the Roman state failed in innumerable different ways (including in many ways that Romans cared about -- not just from a modern perspective), it was anti-technological, it was inherently, grossly immoral, it was almost diametrically opposed to my ideological viewpoint, etc. But Rome permeates our culture so much, even today, that I just can't help but have my thoughts colored by it sometimes.

Hello theymos,

I respectfully disagree with some of your statement. First the idea of anti-technological. I think it is wrong. The number of innovations is just amazing in most aspect they could improve and discover. Why do you say it was immoral?

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: