Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:29:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should the Community ban people Like btcexpress, when they screw over everyone?  (Read 3256 times)
joulesbeef (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:14:25 PM

scammers get banned from here all the time man, so.............................. it already doesnt exist.

anyways teh gods that be are welcome to delete this thread

mooo for rent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stalin-chan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:41:44 PM

That's because a scam is an abuse of free speech, someone saying they are going to exploit some bitcoin fork doesn't warrant censorship.
There's no point, he would have still exploited why would it matter if he talks about it?
rokh

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 12:13:46 AM

It's called free speech, how about you start valuing it.

free speech is for the commons, it doesnt have to be in your home. People dont seem to get that at all online.

And a public forum where anyone can be a member isn't a commons?

If you want to exercise censorship, feel free to start your own forum.
By definition, an internet forum, with (an) admin(s) and mods, is not a public forum. One person has to pay all the hosting costs, or hosts it himself.
Stalin-chan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 12:17:21 AM

The admins of this website agree with the principles of free speech, so it doesn't really matter if its an open forum or whatever.
xzion

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 12:39:15 AM

not him fucking the entire community.

i mentioned BCX in a bitcoin pool channel yesterday and 95% of people didn't know what i was talking about. it's barely even touched the BTC community, there's probably still people mining namecoins who haven't been paying attention to what's going on. not everyone is a forum whore.

THERE IS A TESTNET FOR A FUCKING REASON.

Pretty sure CH still hasnt put up a testnet for SC2.0. People get bored.

Tips: 1xzionJBueq1AkPSmexA7suWkztAkNwSs
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 12:50:24 AM

joulesbeef, I want a serious, yes or no answer here.

Would you rather have these attacks happen now, when a BTC is worth ~$5 scammy forks are worth 0.00x BTC, or would you rather have the attacks happen when BTC has achieved mainstream use and 1 BTC = ~$10,000 scammy forks may worth 0.x BTC?
Fix'd
He isn't talking about attacks on BITCOIN, but on forks.

Ya but the attacks on all alt chains give insight for bitcoin's protection. Duh!

Is it?! Look at CoinHunter's signature and come back.
Bitcoin is one thing, all those alt-chains are another. Those alt-chains ships with bugs - they call "features" - and were a total fail, not Bitcoin. Bitcoin came out of this unscratched in such grounds.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 02:11:43 AM

scammers get banned from here all the time man, so.............................. it already doesnt exist.
Huh? I think you are confusing scammers with spammers, because we don't ban scammers. Sure, we flag their account and prevent them from editing their posts, but that's it.

BCX would only have been banned if it was discovered that he was trolling, and I have it on good authority that he wasn't. Otherwise, it's better for everyone if we let someone attack a chain out in the open rather than completely in secret. Besides, the exchanges closed because they were contacted directly by BCX, not because of anything on this forum, so banning him would have literally changed nothing.

critmass

Activity: 81
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 07:50:06 AM
Merited by EddyGameta (9)

Huh? I think you are confusing scammers with spammers, because we don't ban scammers. Sure, we flag their account and prevent them from editing their posts, but that's it.

BCX would only have been banned if it was discovered that he was trolling, and I have it on good authority that he wasn't. Otherwise, it's better for everyone if we let someone attack a chain out in the open rather than completely in secret. Besides, the exchanges closed because they were contacted directly by BCX, not because of anything on this forum, so banning him would have literally changed nothing.

Yes I did contact all the exchanges and I did forewarn everyone. Lolcust welcomed the attack on the original Geist Geld. It helped him plug a huge hole before his chain was out too far in the wild. I also made it very clear publicly that I had mined over 20,000 blocks in 73 minutes so everyone would know.

After ArtForz developed a "cure" for my enhanced version of The Time Travel Exploit he developed, I thoroughly tested GG and it passed 100%. The fix was offered to Ixcoin, I0coin and even Solidcoin as they have the same issues. I am waiting on Ixcoin and i0coin to notify me and I will stress test the exploit.

Bitcoin was never in any danger as the devs were smart enough to not switch to a time adjustment in the diff algo. NMC also did not suffer from time adjustment issues but exploits unique to NMC were made wide open by an enhanced version. I'm not sure how they will fix that and quite frankly Bitcoin Dev Team is insane if they allow merged mining to proceed.

I never attacked any live networks, other than GG1 who wanted it and I never stole a single coin from any chain not to mention major holes plugged on three chains.
But then again, your name isn't DOUCHEBAGEXPRESS, so obviously he wasn't talking about you. ^_~
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:34:57 AM

Ignoring a piece of shit, doesnt stop it from smelling.

Shouldn't you have made that text brown? Now I'm all worried that you could have some kind of digestive tract disorder.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:21:08 AM

Ignoring a piece of shit, doesnt stop it from smelling.

Shouldn't you have made that text brown? Now I'm all worried that you could have some kind of digestive tract disorder.

are you saying you've never once found ketchup in your peanut butter?
titbb

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 05:38:01 PM

It's called free speech, how about you start valuing it.

free speech is for the commons, it doesnt have to be in your home. People dont seem to get that at all online.

Free speech makes it able for your shitty SC buddies to moan about BitCoin whereever they go!
Without it, they wouldn't be able to complain everywhere, and since they dont have ANY restraints you really shouldn't be complaining that someone is complaining about your complaining.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: