Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:25:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google search of "cryptocurrency". The results UPSET me.  (Read 820 times)
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:52:44 PM

So I decided to do a Google search of "cryptocurrency" and the results I got were very disappointing. I mean how does a "joke" coin come to the top of all coins. This is unacceptable and we must change this so that the masses don't think that this "joke" coin is a real and can accomplish things in the real world like this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/dogecoin-cryptocurrency-donors-help-send-indian-athletes-sochi-2D12024654

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:15:24 PM

So I decided to do a Google search of "cryptocurrency" and the results I got were very disappointing. I mean how does a "joke" coin come to the top of all coins. This is unacceptable and we must change this so that the masses don't think that this "joke" coin is a real and can accomplish things in the real world like this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/dogecoin-cryptocurrency-donors-help-send-indian-athletes-sochi-2D12024654

First thing to do would be to discourage people from mining this "joke coin" that has higher network hashrate than litecoin. Second thing to do would be to stop people from joining http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/ where all new members are welcomed without any judgement and showered with tips in dogecoins.
goregrind

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:17:50 PM

Just ride the wave  Smiley

woot?
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:18:41 PM

Do you think everyone get the same hits that you do?  Smiley

I don't get any doge related hits when i google that world. The word is not mentioned once on the first page.
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:27:07 PM

Do you think everyone get the same hits that you do?  Smiley

I don't get any doge related hits when i google that world. The word is not mentioned once on the first page.

I was wondering what OP has been searching for Tongue
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:48:02 PM

Really this Dogecoin is on top these days?
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:54:33 PM

he was searching for "doggy" and was disappointed when he found an article about cryptocoins and the olympics =P
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:59:00 PM

First thing to do would be to discourage people from mining this "joke coin" that has higher network hashrate than litecoin. Second thing to do would be to stop people from joining http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/ where all new members are welcomed without any judgement and showered with tips in dogecoins.

I agree. We need to start a campaign to discourage people from mining this "joke" coin. It is the only way for Litecoin to regain the hashing power that it has lost to this "joke" coin.

Also, you're right, we have to somehow block people from joining that Reddit "joke-coin" forum.  I mean WTF, should people really be welcomed into cryptocurrency? I think not. They should instead endure the hazing that all current crypto-users endured when they initially entered into the BTC world. All new entrants must be ridiculed, bullied and scammed!! This is why I encourage anyone who's interested in learning about crypto to come to this website and not the Reddit sub. This site has the needed venom to make or break these wanna-be crypto-users. If they can't handle the fire then they don't belong in crypto. I think that this is the best way to get the masses to adopt crypto --- we need more abusive language, name callings and just plain old nastiness. So yes, I suggest we band together and stop people from joining the "joke-coin" sub-Reddit. Who's with me?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:00:46 PM

I searched it with my setup. I have a non-persistent OS which saves nothing after I shutdown so I have no Google cookies. I also use Tor when browsing so Google can't be matching me by my IP. The dogecoin article is second when I search for "cryptocurrency".

Yes it is!! I use CCleaner which is set to auto and I get the same results.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 03:03:50 PM

What a surprise. No dogecoin at all (and yes, I am dutch. Big whoop). The results are quite good actually. But yeah, it's just Google saving your shit and showing you the things of which they think you are interested in.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:08:41 PM

I agree. We need to start a campaign to discourage people from mining this "joke" coin. It is the only way for Litecoin to regain the hashing power that it has lost to this "joke" coin.

Also, you're right, we have to somehow block people from joining that Reddit "joke-coin" forum.  I mean WTF, should people really be welcomed into cryptocurrency? I think not. They should instead endure the hazing that all crypto-nerds endured when they initially entered into the BTC world. All new entrants must be ridiculed, bullied and scammed!! This is why I encourage anyone who's interested in learning about crypto to come to this website and not the Reddit sub. This site has the needed venom to make or break these wanna-be crypto-nerds. If they can't handle the fire then they don't belong in crypto. I think that this is the best way to get the masses to adopt crypto --- we need more abusive language, name callings and just plain old nastiness. So yes, I suggest we band together and stop people from joining the "joke-coin" sub-Reddit. Who's with me?

I love it!! Thanks for pointing that out!! This is exactly what it is like too!! It's so funny that people forget that they were new not too long ago!!

It's amazing how history keeps repeating itself. I guess I was naive to think things would be different in Bitcoins case. It's so sad!! Bitcoin would be 5 to 20 times it's price if they simply took a lesson for the "joke" coin instead of doing what has always been done. Learn from it. The face that this joke coin is where it is should make them take notice. But they are currently going in the opposite direction!! Have they used bitshares to buy it on the short or something. Is that possible? LOL
btcmad1337

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:20:23 PM

What a surprise. No dogecoin at all (and yes, I am dutch. Big whoop). The results are quite good actually. But yeah, it's just Google saving your shit and showing you the things of which they think you are interested in.

Haha, I searched on google.nl and guess what? It wasn't there.

Search on google.com and check again. Try this link if it redirects you

https://encrypted.google.com/#q=cryptocurrency

In my case it is most definitely not Google saving my results unless Google wrote malware to my BIOS in order to track me.
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:48:00 PM

Wrong
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:49:55 PM

It's a market, quit trying to manipulate it.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: