Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted  (Read 1173 times)
fakeegg (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:53:41 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 08:54:42 AM by fakeegg

thanks
semaster

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:47:49 PM

That because how pplns works.
You will get payouts from each found block in 24 hour window from last valid submitted share

roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:29:07 PM

FYI if you are mining BTC, the PPLNS window is 3 days now since the block retarget time was moved to 30 seconds from 10 seconds but the share chain length left alone. Should smooth things out a bit more for people, hopefully.
roy7

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:15:42 PM

No, I built a p2pool for myself  so I'm the only miner and mining an altcoin.
Everything works fine except the incoherence.
The transaction number and payout times showed from my wallet always far bigger than P2Pool outputs.
Eg. P2Pool shows there are 43 shares in chain, but I already got paid nearly 60 times and I can also see 60 blocks and transactions in my wallet.

The share chain in p2pool is the PPLNS payment database, in effect. It does it that way so that a network of nodes can work in a trustless way, like how bitcoin/etc function with proof of work adding blocks to the blockchain.

So with 43 shares found so far, since you are just mining by yourself, your entire PPLNS payment database has 43 entries. For each miner (just you), you add those up and that is the amount you are due when a block is found (proportional to other miners also in the sharechain). You can see the amount of payout you'll get if a block is found on the default interface by clicking Payouts. Since you are the only miner, if all of your mining goes to just 1 address, then the Payouts should match the block reward (plus transaction fees) and all going to your address, I believe.

So that's just to determine how much you get paid. When you get paid depends on when you find blocks. For every block found, the pool pays out to everyone on the share chain based on the above. Finding shares on the share chain doesn't pay you, it just sets how much you'll get paid when a block is found.

If you've been paid 60 times, then you've found 60 blocks while having at least 1 share on the share chain.

Hope that helps?
roy7

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:30:47 PM

Thank you so much! It helped a lot!

But I'm still not understand p2pool fully.
I think a share means a P2Pool block. And this wiki https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool said "The blocks that get into the P2Pool block chain (called the "share chain") are the same blocks that would get into the Bitcoin block chain, only they have a lower difficulty target."
So I thought when I found a block I must have found at least a share.

Now my understanding is: when the miner is running it not only have to calculate for a share but also have to calculate for a block, whether these two kinds of calculations use the same algorithm? Could you also explain to me a bit more about the difficulty in these two kinds of calculations?

Thanks.

A valid coin block might not always end up a valid share, if the share gets orphaned or similar. However the coin block will always be accepted and paid out as appropriate by the actual coind process. So no money gets lost. Since you are solo mining, I assume no shares can be orphaned since there are no other nodes. As such I can't explain why you have less shares than valid blocks, but maybe your PPLNS window is small enough the oldest shares have fallen out of the window already. Or some other configuration setting in networks.py maybe isn't the best for your specific coin.
roy7

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:22:02 PM

How is your local share rate 16K/hash but the pool rate is 135K/hash if you are running p2pool as a solo instance with no connections to other p2pool nodes? I see peers is 0. That's weird. Smiley

I'm not exactly sure what DOA means. Is that a share rejected because the underlying coin had a new block arrive and the work had to restart, but the miner didn't update work fast enough? That's my guess. In which case you'd still see some DOAs even solo mining on a private node. The % would depend on the speed of the underlying coin I guess.

p2pool scales your difficulty to the miner to keep the traffic low. The speed to find a share is based on the share chain difficulty. Share chain difficulty is some fraction of underlying coin block difficulty (is it 1/10th?).

Sorry I can't give you more precise answers. I'm new to p2pool myself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: