Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:48:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we growing a healthy forum?  (Read 587 times)
Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:33:56 AM

Forum is a platform where people with a common goal meet and interact with one another. They share ideas, challenges and suggestions. I believe that was the main motive behind the creation of this forum. But there is one thing i have observed. Most members, especially the new ones joined because they wanted to hit ranks and participate in bounty campaigns. They are the ones who usually do not add any value to the platform by spamming the forum with unnecessary posts. Because of this, most senior members have decided not award merits to any new member irrespective of the quality   of your post making rank advancement very difficult. Please i would advise my fellow junior members to be proactive and start activities that will ensure a healthy growth of this forum for the benefit of us all. Thank you.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:43:31 AM

Generalizations and sweeping statements are a waste of time. Merit is still given where deserved, and campaigns are meant to make money, which does not take away from the integrity of the posts. As for value, who can determine any benefit with such varying stages of informational growth, where the support is phenomenal and unquestioning.
annariley
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:36:37 PM

Yes I agree with you that many users are misusing the forum.I think senior members have taken the right decision to solve this problem.
allen67

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 11:37:11 PM

Forum is place which gives us chance to communicated with different people having one topic. People shares their persceptions, ideas and different news and ask different question. Some people use it only to earn money. But many don't
farhiamunni

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:30:43 PM

Actually this question is really tuff. There is no absolute answer of this. Every forum will say that, they are growing healthy forum but the reality is different. It is very general that forum will always try to advertise their coin or they will try to get advantage. But we hope that, at least they will keep it low.
toygama

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:57:02 AM

Forum is place which gives us chance to communicated with different people having one topic. People shares their persceptions, ideas and different news and ask different question. Some people use it only to earn money. But many don't

We accept the reality we are here to earn, am I right? But despite of that reason we need to follow certain rules and regulations in the forum or else we face a consequencies. As what our mate said this is our community we are here as one developed our common goal and be able to achieve our success together as on.
Cryptodrees

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:51:28 AM

Improvement is being actualize and moreover,I agree with you that many users are misusing the forum.I think senior members should make a good and  the right decision to solve this issue.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:13:03 AM

Forum is a platform where people with a common goal meet and interact with one another. They share ideas, challenges and suggestions. I believe that was the main motive behind the creation of this forum. But there is one thing i have observed. Most members, especially the new ones joined because they wanted to hit ranks and participate in bounty campaigns. They are the ones who usually do not add any value to the platform by spamming the forum with unnecessary posts. Because of this, most senior members have decided not award merits to any new member irrespective of the quality   of your post making rank advancement very difficult. Please i would advise my fellow junior members to be proactive and start activities that will ensure a healthy growth of this forum for the benefit of us all. Thank you.

This is a free forum. Focusing on cryptocurrency, this is a common ground for every developers, traders and crypto enthusiastic.
No one is compelling anyone to make a coin, start or join a bounty, make a trade or exchange or post.
You can't blame fellow members for not getting yourself a merit. Not everyone comes here for merit.

lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:23:52 AM

The spamming of other new members to hit ranks was a major issue when cryptocurrency hit its peak and that is why the merit system was introduced, but still there are few members who abuse the merit system and they are the only ones that give merit to them selves. And there are still who even do not gain merit to there post still spams non sense or repost a previous topic without reading anything. I think we as a member either report them or educate them that in order to earn in bitcointalk they should put quality in their work.
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:41:46 AM

You are not the only person bothered. This issue has been of great concern to most members here especially the old ones. I even saw one popular legendary complaining about it. He was even suggesting signature bounties must be restricted to some people( which i do not agree though) i think there should be a better way out. Here is the link to his thread  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4631747.0

Ian Dave

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:48:57 AM

Agree with you, we want also to share our success with others. But they do it a wrong way, they are greed to achieve that rank. It will difficult for the new ones to rank up easily here because our forum uses merit to rank up your account.
Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:05:44 PM

You are not the only person bothered. This issue has been of great concern to most members here especially the old ones. I even saw one popular legendary complaining about it. He was even suggesting signature bounties must be restricted to some people( which i do not agree though) i think there should be a better way out. Here is the link to his thread  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4631747.0
Yes i was happy when i saw that thread. At least am not the only person who see this as a challenge. I think getting more forum moderators would help to clear unwanted posts from the system.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:33:04 PM

I am more than confident that the forum is used only for the purpose of benefit. For example, wear a signature bounty campaign. Few people are interested in crypto currency and are developing thanks to the forum. Therefore, newcomers and write meaningless messages.
berezov_petro

Activity: 140

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:46:06 PM

I think the people here on the forum are divided into two groups. Some are here to make money, while other people are talking here, discuss interesting ideas and learn about new technologies in the crypto world.

flowdon

Activity: 340
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:27:31 PM

many lower ranked members are just posting replying non sense question for just the sake that they can earn with there signature campaigns as we see one of the legendary member here in this forum discussed this issue with the problem with the new members to regulate signature campaigns in the lower ranked to stop the shit post and unhelpful thread especially on altcoin tab. if this will be implemented this would be sorry to those member that has an rank lower than full member that cannot join signature campaign. hopefully this issue will be fixed and consider other members also.

deceno

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:32:51 PM

What do you call this? Later people. Upgrading is actually very difficult, much harder than the original one. Time is not necessarily successful. I wish I could take some time. It can be upgraded. Become a member, and so on. The forum administrator wants to make a good suggestion. Thank you
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:42:13 PM

Everyone has their reasons for coming here. But one of the incentives that prompted the chat administration to raise the rating only for useful actions is that some people began to pump accounts and then sell them. As well as a large number of junk mail.
yhoga45

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:55:47 PM

This is my story, when I signed up here I found my goal to understand a little about cryptocurrency (like normal people join a forum because they want some information). I even didn't know that this account can make money with this bounty campaign and then my friend told me about that. After that, I tried to join to some bounty maybe like normal people here signed up to this forum to earn some money. I think, there will always a spammer in almost forum and I understand about that (maybe because I also one of them and just the other can judge me)
Takia

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:07:45 PM

if I think Everyone has a reason to come here, I am more than convinced that this forum is only used for useful purposes
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 11:07:06 AM

It is very true. The junior members and newbies must learn about blockchain and Cryptocurrency so they can make constructive posts on this forum to improve the knowledge of others on the forum.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: