Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Encrypted wallet location  (Read 528 times)
bitcoinisleuk (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:02:34 PM

Hey everyone.

Just yesterday I installed Armory inside of a TrueCrypt container. I only want to be able to use Armory and my wallet when the container is mounted. I think I did everything correct but I am still not 100% sure because I created an encrypted wallet with Armory but I wave no idea where it is stored. I can export the wallet as a backup from the program but that is not what I need. I need to know the original location so that I am sure it is inside of the TC container as well and hasn't ended up in, e.g., %AppData%.

I hope that someone can point me to the original location of the encrypted Armory wallet file. I tried searching of course but surprisingly didn't find much. Sad
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:16:25 PM

Windows?

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Armory

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:18:24 PM

You can change the wallet location with the --datadir switch, but that will put your database in your truecrypt container too.  There's a --dbdir switch if you want it somewhere else.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: