Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:59:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Challenges and hurdles getting bitcoin into the Caribbean?  (Read 506 times)
miguelitoRD (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:35:08 PM

Just wondering if I could get some experienced people share some of their stories in selling Bitcoin to the Caribbean from U.S. or Europe
MarioRamirez

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 04:02:58 PM

Muy dificil y complicado my friend.

A great setup is to have a person in the USA and a Person in DR . Buy and sell Bitcoins in USD and if paid in Pesos have a decent rate to not lose nor screw.

Good Luck
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:03:37 PM

Pirates? Smiley

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
miguelitoRD (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:50:21 PM

Muy dificil y complicado my friend.

A great setup is to have a person in the USA and a Person in DR . Buy and sell Bitcoins in USD and if paid in Pesos have a decent rate to not lose nor screw.

Good Luck

Thanks. I am a Dominican born American Citizen living in Florida now. I want to build a portal that only works with Dominican Pesos. Once there is enough liquidity I know for a fact I can work with some Casa de Cambios to facilitate the exchange of pesos and bitcoin cheaply and easily.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:25:53 PM

Bitcoin would be great in caribbean. I have travelled there several times from US, and if you happen to have left over local money from there that you converted from US dollars, no currency exchange will even trade you back. I couldnt even get the currency exchage to give me $5 back with $60 usd worth of local caribbean money.
miguelitoRD (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:35:16 PM

Yes. I plan on getting a portal online where Dominicans can use Western Union or Xoom (I don't think you can send money to U.S. using Xoom I need to check) to the account here, and once it clears immediately send the btc to the buyer's wallet. Much like Coinbase. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: