Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:59:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-06-05] I Want Bitcoin to Be the World’s Single Currency: Steve Wozniak  (Read 97 times)
moriskarlov (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:49:23 AM

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak isn’t convinced that bitcoin will supplant national currencies to become a de facto global currency, but he says that he hopes this will one day be the case.

Speaking on the sidelines of Money20/20 Europe, Wozniak told CNBC that he is attracted to the “purity” of the idea that people around the world could one day share a single currency, despite being separated by national borders.

He said:

“I buy into what Jack Dorsey says, not that I necessarily believe it’s going to happen, but because I want it to be that way, that is so pure thinking.”

As CCN reported, Dorsey, who is CEO of both social media giant Twitter and digital payment processor Square, said recently that he believes bitcoin will be the world’s only currency — perhaps within a single decade.

The “Woz” has long been a fan of bitcoin, a fact that has not changed since he decided to sell off most of his holdings after finding that he spent too much time watching price movements.

Hearkening back to comments that he has made in the past, Wozniak said that bitcoin is “pure digital gold” and — unlike many cryptocurrencies — “totally decentralized” since it is not run by a company and does not have a business model.

“Bitcoin is mathematically defined, there is a certain quantity of bitcoin, there’s a way it’s distributed… and it’s pure and there’s no human running, there’s no company running and it’s just… growing and growing… and surviving,” he said. “That to me says something that is natural and nature is more important than all our human conventions.”

Notably, Wozniak is also bullish on Ethereum, particularly since it views itself as a platform rather than just a store of value. Last month, he said that he believes the project could become the next Apple in terms of its status in the tech sector.

https://www.ccn.com/i-want-bitcoin-to-be-the-worlds-single-currency-apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:15:17 AM

Yet another I want something to happen fool, but I don't put any effort into helping it reach that point. This market is literally infested with similar empty souls.

If you are just waiting for something to happen, but don't do anything to help it gain mainstream adoption, and that while you are quite influential in the mainstream world, your opinion has zero value to me.

Bitcoin is already the world's single currency, but in its own segment. I don't see why the world needs just one currency, especially if you take into consideration that governments won't ever completely embrace something they can't alter or multiply in terms of unit issuance. I honestly don't even care about Bitcoin becoming the ultimate currency, it is for me already, so there is nothing anymore to gain.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:23:35 AM

This is a huge one and I am glad he put some disclaimer to it. Bitcoin becoming a global currency might be difficult but not impossible and factors that militate it goes beyond the political differences and leadership differences that is obvious to everybody at this time. For me, I feel even if all world leaders decides that they want to bury their differences (impossible) and work towards achieving this objective, it also does not give a free pass to bitcoin because of religious connotations.

Currently, there is an argument concerning whether bitcoin is Islamic compliant, while some have held that its allowed, some are still saying its unislamic while the Christians have not started discussing but the moment its going up to become global currency, then they will wake and argue that this is the work of the Anti-Christ which they would resist and because the leaders are elected, they would be forced to back track it or they lose their seat in the next election and the cycle goes round and round.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: