Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:50:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Octaex Exit Scam  (Read 1043 times)
markb202 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:31:49 AM

I've searched for a thread on this topic but to no avail.

Octaex appears almost certain to have exit scammed. They still have their website up so are presumably taking people's depsoits.

All withdrawals are blocked and contact with support has gone dead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 10:58:48 AM

I found it: [ANN] 【OctaGen & OctaEx】【Get Crowdfund!】【Sell your Product on CryptoShop!
- Archived

Octaex appears almost certain to have exit scammed. They still have their website up so are presumably taking people's depsoits.

This is the first time that I heard/read about this exchange and based on their "ANN thread's last page", it looks like an exit scam.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
SamaelDNM

Activity: 732
Merit: 18

New exchange generation

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 05:18:38 PM

I believe that if it is scam. there is no support or anything. thank goodness first of all to warn my community of Arepacoin not to deposit many coins in that exchange. This leaves us with experience that we should not trust new exchange. although many new project gave him the opportunity to enter. although this is a double-edged sword.

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:23:13 PM

I don't know whether it's just a coincidence that all of a sudden people are having all sort sof problems with their service, but with the lack of communication from the admin of the site and the consistent stream of complaints, it does seem like an exit scam, or just a poorly managed project. The site isn't even live right now as we speak, might be another sign of an exit scam.

The apparent owner of the site is still active on reddit, so perhaps trying to contact him there would help: https://www.reddit.com/user/raix_jaydubs

Even if they do come back online, and do sort out all their issues, I doubt there is any point in using them considering the risks. There are much better exchanges that list the same coins as they do. We don't even know if they are regulated or just a random exchange on the internet. No point in using them, imo.

Smiley
WeHODLed

Activity: 9
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:35:09 AM

Their website was offline yesterday; looks like it's back today? Anyone has the latest info?
nouseforauname

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:01:52 AM

hi guys, I would like to report the unprofessional business practice of octaex.com regarding their coin withdrawal. I have been messaging them through email, web-chat and discord but they are not responding for a week now. All of the clients based on octaex discord forum have same issue as mine, they can not withdraw their coins. I'm doing this so that investors will be inform on their unethical behavior. Keep safe everyone.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:59:23 AM

Based on the recent reviews of others, it seems like that either they are having some management problems in the short term, or simply have exit scammed. It's probably the latter, considering the extent of the withdrawal problems and unresponsiveness of the site management/support at the moment.

Their account on bitcointalk has also been tagged by suchmoon, which is not a good sign, especially when there are several accusations going on right now and they haven't even tried to respond in any shape or form.

Again, this exchange seems unlicensed, and we don't know its exact whereabouts. Seems like a Chinese exchange, which probably meant that it was either prone to government bans, or that it's operating under a country that is unknown. Either scenarios doesn't seem to indicate the trustworthiness of this particular exchange, even before all of these new problems coming out.
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:36:16 PM

This is extremely worrying, because it means that the scammers are becoming more sophisticated. Before it was just ICOs running away with investor funds, but now it is scam exchanges!

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
cryptofoundry

Activity: 141

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 12:39:46 AM

Yeah. Do not think they are scammers from beginning often talk to their support but seems this business dead.
cryptofoundry

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 12:42:33 AM

I don't know whether it's just a coincidence that all of a sudden people are having all sort sof problems with their service, but with the lack of communication from the admin of the site and the consistent stream of complaints, it does seem like an exit scam, or just a poorly managed project. The site isn't even live right now as we speak, might be another sign of an exit scam.

The apparent owner of the site is still active on reddit, so perhaps trying to contact him there would help: https://www.reddit.com/user/raix_jaydubs

Even if they do come back online, and do sort out all their issues, I doubt there is any point in using them considering the risks. There are much better exchanges that list the same coins as they do. We don't even know if they are regulated or just a random exchange on the internet. No point in using them, imo.

seems this guy is nanex author not octaex, where did you got info? pm him anyway.
Saracenis

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:25:20 AM

same situation here, withdrawals are dead. Good that have only 500 bucks there
kivanov

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:10:28 AM

Same stuff.
No reactions on emailing, telegram is quite since March  Huh
cryptofoundry

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 10:31:13 PM

why CMC do not removing them? are they IN?
kivanov

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:18:23 AM

Ok so now they've deleted the Twitter account and the Telegram group.
I'm afraid its's over.  Angry
invisiblefriend321

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:00:21 AM

lesson learned

do not use new exchanges until proven ... and do not leaked funds on exchange !
CryptoCracker

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:50:27 AM

I moved a few BTCP coins on there and tiny amount of btc so I guess I can say bye bye to those coins. I thought Yobit was shaddy, but what   
octaex did was plain criminal. What a scam. Lesson learned. Careful since scams are everywhere in crypto and unfortunately it is exchanges that are a big drag on Crypto adoption.

Like scam octaex exchange, made off with millions I bet and nothing will happen.
thinknow11

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 04:08:24 PM

I thank God I was able to research about OCTAEX exchange before I decide to do anything with them and I think this is the best way to treat them all.

OCTAEX EXCHANGE IS A COMPLETE SCAM!
STAY AWAY!!!
Arrrvin

Activity: 1148
Merit: 47

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:00:45 PM

Their site is offline. So nobody can get involved anymore. I only invested with a bounty translation but my bounty reward, and with that my time and energy, have disappeared. I wonder how much they grabbed in total.
Esterklu

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:56:31 PM

It is sad, i heard about it. I had some shitcoins there, so i will tell good buy to them. Actually i see so many new exchanges now, but feel that most of them will end the same way.
Arrrvin

Activity: 1148
Merit: 47

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:14:26 AM

It is sad, i heard about it. I had some shitcoins there, so i will tell good buy to them. Actually i see so many new exchanges now, but feel that most of them will end the same way.

Like Bitpaction for instance. Cashed and went offline too. The next one to be weary of is probably CryptalDash who have already bamboozled their bounty workers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: