Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:52:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in ICOs - is it still worth a short term investment?  (Read 202 times)
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:49:49 PM

There is no doubt that something changed in the cryptomarket, and the ICO aren't a source of quick profits anymore. Last year, whoever invested in ICO even not of the best quality, would see hundreds of percent of profits in a couple of months. I admit, I invested in 3 ICO at the beginning of this year, the projects I believed in, and right now I am in huge losses on those investments. Is it only because of the bad bearish market, or the terms changed? What do you think? Undecided Huh

Last year was ICO boom and it was treated as a safe investment to double your profits, however, for the same reason, ICO started a downward path, people started becoming more greedy, they are raising funds via ICO 3 times the fund they require by doing private sales and high valuation to advisors, this in turn became a very bad investment for common man as they get NO to negligible bonus and hence when listed, the people who had high bonuses started dumping on public.

Token metrics, lock period and other factors are also very bad compared to ICOs which were last year. Its a downfall, however few ICOs were really good this year as well, namely Quarkchain, VEN, etc..
MiChaeng

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:00:12 PM

There is no doubt that something changed in the cryptomarket, and the ICO aren't a source of quick profits anymore. Last year, whoever invested in ICO even not of the best quality, would see hundreds of percent of profits in a couple of months. I admit, I invested in 3 ICO at the beginning of this year, the projects I believed in, and right now I am in huge losses on those investments. Is it only because of the bad bearish market, or the terms changed? What do you think? Undecided Huh
I have never invested in ICO. and according to my friend who has many years of experience in crypto, does not recommend me to invest in ICO. because startup without business experience and most ICO potentially deceive. so it's better to invest a certainty, that is altcoin who have a good future. such as Ethereum.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:06:46 PM

You are losing some of your investment value because the market is not going good recently, after it recovers, soon yours will recover too and you may have your profit back. The thing with short term investment is to know when exactly you want to cash out, like making a plan, with this coin you will cash out if it reach xx.x usd, or with that coin you will cash out the money if its reaches xx.x usd. Once you cash out and get your profit, never look back because it is the hardest part especially when the price is going up again after you sold yours.

And for the most profitable is to join an ICO when it is on pre-sale time of course, it gives you a lot of discount.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:10:52 PM

Investing in ICO has always been a good profitable short term investment however it can be agreed that it is most difficult task to find an eqaully good ICO. These tips can surely make ICO a good investment.
1. Make sure to diversify your investments. Don’t risk you money by investing them in one ICO. If in any case it fails you might lose everything.
2. Be vigilant or careful. Selecting an organization like Fanchain that has a reputable team and is dedicated to conducting extreme due diligence will ensure your investment is safe.
3. Consider the community also behind the proposed crypto.
4. Read the whitepaper before investing in any coin.
5. Never invest more than what you cannot afford to lose.
Isaackim

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:15:27 PM

With the current dip in Crypto prices, it is not wise to invest in ICO for the short term but rather the long-term as long as the project has a promising product.
Fray

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:16:49 PM

As what ICO are turning up after getting listed on their first exchange, I am not much a supporter for investing in ICO for short term profit. Price usually falls after the first listing. But if you believe in the project in long run, there isn't any issue with investing in ICO.
mostcrack

Activity: 548
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:43:38 PM

Currently it is a very difficult position to get more benefits from ICO, the most important factor of course with the current unlikely market conditions at risk of initial ICO prices could turn out to be worse than that, do not expect too much profit in a short period of time, not all what the ICO team hopes for will be good once they are registered, just a moment and the hype is just forgotten by some people and looking for a new ICO, it's no surprise that tokens are very good in demand within a few days, after getting a profit then they do not want to take any chances, or hold it for a few years if you want.

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
suzanogbomo

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 06:49:23 PM

I believe the reason why while a lot of ICO tokens dip in price soon after they are listed on exchanges can be linked to the bearish market.First,the bears forces team members to allocate so much money to bounty promotions so as to be able to make sales.This results in excess tokens in the hands of bounty hunters who are quick to dump tokens as soon as they are listed.ICOs are more profitable in bullish market.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:54:55 PM

I believe the reason why while a lot of ICO tokens dip in price soon after they are listed on exchanges can be linked to the bearish market.First,the bears forces team members to allocate so much money to bounty promotions so as to be able to make sales.This results in excess tokens in the hands of bounty hunters who are quick to dump tokens as soon as they are listed.ICOs are more profitable in bullish market.

about bounty tokens, this problem can be solved in such a way as to give bounty tokens a month after listing
dpa85

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:57:17 PM

Perhaps you need to choose projects more carefully. Yes, now very few projects give X. But they still are, and it is necessary to track all ICO
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:00:42 PM

if you are going to invest in good projects and not on any shitty project that you first see on the internet, then it is good to go and you are going to make a lot of money out of it.
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:01:05 PM

Markets had changed when it comes to ICO investments. Why? because it is already being flooded out by useless projects or tokens in the market which its normal where theres more ICO, investors would be divided up unlike on previous years where project launches only into some numbers and also the hype is there which i can attest we do able to make hundred percent of profits or even more when those coins hits up exchangers but now they do end up on dump and normally profitability would be mainly affected.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:04:57 PM

Part of the blame can be put on the current market run. It is also directly affecting ICOs once they list on exchanges, not forgetting the effect of those who participated in the private sales and in bounties that try to sell as soon as the coin is listed on Exchanges which forces the price to drop.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:12:12 PM

Off course it is worth investing into them as long as you make your own research about legit ICO's. An ICO is perfect way to grow your money only if you are investing your money into the ICO which is managed by well trusted managers and who are also given continuous communication about it. The team needs to be perfect one and it must be upto date with their investors. If they have successful private sale then it could be chance that we will have legit ICO coming along the way.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: