Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:57:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | 8 | ★★★ 8coin ★★★ ++8 Total Coins!++ LAUNCHED! HAPPY NEW YEAR!  (Read 15555 times)
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:50:55 PM

You guys are unbelievable...don't trash the shit out of a coin and hate on the dev and expect a free handout in return.  If it's a waste of your time go elsewhere but stop complaining.

He got 50 of 8 coin on the genesis block.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
albertdros

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:51:01 PM

oh okay, LOL
8coin (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:51:33 PM

The genesis block doesn't have a value you idiots.
leduc

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:52:17 PM

sow what is 50 ? number of pool you should have at launch?
albertdros

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:52:26 PM

youre still the idiot for launching a coin with stupid difficulty without pool
asba

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:53:12 PM

Some of you are amazing lol.
Premine was lowered last minute to 0.7% with 0.1% giveaway shortly.

Here's my wallet btw.

The first block had value of 50 coins, you can easily get them with another address
and what about the 7 next blocks which cost 7000 mining block value ?
We don't ask you to not premine or don't keep coins for yourself --- JUST TELL THE TRUTH, so we can get idea about the real value in the future
asba

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:54:10 PM

Ok maybe i'm an idiot, we will see how your coin will progress and get value without us IDIOTS !!!
leduc

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:54:52 PM

maybe first block was orphan...
asba

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:56:11 PM

maybe first block was orphan...
Yeah we all are orphans and idiots btw
8coin (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:57:58 PM

The genesis block has no value. See the avg age and chain age? See 0?

See how the new blocks still have a value? That wouldn't be possible if I mined 50 coins already as the total max is 8.

I'm not calling everyone here an idiot. Just the people that have little knowledge and start broadcasting incorrect information.
tx42

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:59:27 PM

See how the new blocks still have a value? That wouldn't be possible if I mined 50 coins already as the total max is 8.

I'm not calling everyone here an idiot. Just the people that have little knowledge and start broadcasting incorrect information.

That's your problem. Where are the pools?

dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:00:21 AM

The source is available...  and click on block "0", you'll quickly see that the dev is telling the truth.
8coin (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:05:21 AM

The source is available...  and click on block "0", you'll quickly see that the dev is telling the truth.
Thank you.
sameev29

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:06:38 AM

When did the giveaway take place?

How can we solo mine this?
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:09:05 AM

When did the giveaway take place?

How can we solo mine this?

There is a .conf file included in the download.  Just add your rcpuser and rcppassword to the .conf and your .bat file for cgminer, sgminer, whatever you use.  Add the conf file to the folder where your wallet.dat is:  roaming/8coin.  Relaunch your wallet.  Cgminer should say "no longpoll detected".  Boom you're mining it.
tx42

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:11:26 AM

The source is available...  and click on block "0", you'll quickly see that the dev is telling the truth.

I'm supportive of every coin, but unfair launches without pools and without virustotal executables don't get my support. I had to build the daemon on linux before I could start mining, as did everyone else without a windows miner. And we had to wait for the repository to go online--after the launch! The Hashes were 10 M after 3 minutes and 80 M after 20. That's not cool.

dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:15:48 AM

I'm supportive of every coin, but unfair launches without pools and without virustotal executables don't get my support. I had to build the daemon on linux before I could start mining, as did everyone else without a windows miner. The Hashes were 10 M after 3 minutes and 80 M after 20. That's not cool.

How it is "unfair" to launch without a pool?  The dev provided a source, anyone that wanted to could throw up a pool.  And you said you don't support coins like this, yet you took the time to build the daemon yourself for linux so that you could mine?  That seems hypocritical. 

I'm sorry you didn't get a piece of the pie, but you are obviously just whining because things didn't go your way. 
tx42

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:20:50 AM

I'm sorry you didn't get a piece of the pie, but you are obviously just whining because things didn't go your way.  

You don't get the idea of a FAIR LAUNCH. It's fair to as many people as possible. It means you have source before mining, not after. It means you have pools available. That's the concept of FAIR.

It's my prerogative to point out when things aren't fair.

Many coins have fair launches. This one didn't.

Either way, the network hashes are slowly dropping. By the time a pool opens later today, they will be < 30 M, easily, but the damage to the coin will be done.

[edit]

97 M ... 89 M ... 80 M ... 77 M ... 45 M ... 42 M ...

baus

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:25:10 AM

Seems pretty fair to me. No pools early on, good chance to get a few blocks  Grin
tx42

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:29:00 AM

How it is "unfair" to launch without a pool? 

Because, as your fraction of the total hashes decreases, your mining efficiency goes down. Pools fix that problem by pooling hashes to increase each miner's efficiency. Unless you can dominate the hashes, you are wasting time and electricity solo mining.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: