Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:03:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moonco.in taken over by immigration and customs?  (Read 2977 times)
joulesbeef (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 07:05:10 PM

if you try to go to https://moonco.in right now, you get an invalid server cert warning. Look at the cert it has. belongs to ice.gov
immigration and customs enforcement.

and incase you missed it, ICE also handles things like off shore poker as well as copyrightinfringement.

mooo for rent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 07:59:47 PM

You should post this in the main forum.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 08:00:47 PM

Wow. Anyone holding solidcoins, namecoins, or bitcoins likely will lose them if this is all true.
gw4tt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 08:11:05 PM

hmm maybe ICE is going to start seizing all bitcoin gambling sites. Doesn't really seem right though since in some countries internet gambling is legal.

Maybe the sites just need to make an effort to verify people using it aren't from the US?
MrWizard

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 08:17:47 PM

hmm maybe ICE is going to start seizing all bitcoin gambling sites. Doesn't really seem right though since in some countries internet gambling is legal.

Maybe the sites just need to make an effort to verify people using it aren't from the US?
moonco.in was based in the USA.

"I walked into the room dripping in Bitcoins.  Yea dripping in Bitcoins."
(BTC) 168DCCeGmDy3xTWRimLVhvKtK3yEWbpsSg     (LTC) LbYS8VFqFSU7B9bfaHD11seQMtrtYEKpLe
(BBQ) bNVZErvwLzpEG7H3kt1fycWspzRQB1MJzL
Isepick

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 08:18:20 PM

It is precisely for this reason that Namecoin exists.

And I hope nobody based in the U.S. used their real emails/IPs there...
joulesbeef (OP)

moOo

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 08:27:26 PM

reposted to bitcoin discussions.

mooo for rent
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 08:33:48 PM

moonco.in was based in the USA.

Why would any sane person start an online gamblish affair in USA ? What next, register a newspaper in Belarus ?

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
joulesbeef (OP)

moOo

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 09:03:59 PM

Lolcust ,not sure I guess he might have felt safe because US dollars never changed hands on his site.

But if all poker sites had to do was put the buying of chips on another domain, they would have done it already

His gmail is down as well.. which is odd

mooo for rent
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 09:06:39 PM

Is the guy just redirecting to an ICE thing?

IE: Delete accounts, take money, redirect site to ICE, profit.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
joulesbeef (OP)

moOo

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 09:42:13 PM

Is the guy just redirecting to an ICE thing?

IE: Delete accounts, take money, redirect site to ICE, profit.

that is a possibility we cant discount at the moment.

I dont see our government turning off his gmail and deleting his reddit, not so quickly and why? wouldnt they want the emails to keep coming in? It would also be odd for ice to really care that much and normally they put up the shield and not just a ice cert.

But I will say what I have seen of the man, he seemed like a good guy. I know one guy accidently sent a bunch of coins to his donate addy and mr_moon sent them back pretty promptly. he is also quick to help anyone with is site and seemed genuinely excited about making his site better. Still cant say people dont change and most con artists are good guys until they arent.

mooo for rent
Splirow

Activity: 164

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 06:42:32 PM

Hey guys....

I had deposited 34BTC on moonco for trading. The address that was given to me for the deposit was:

1B6egk2RjiHRnZKjj7aoT89ZtqiQCEQrhL

as you can track on block explorer all the way, he moved them multiple times. Look like he had a total of 896 Bitcoins. maybe more.

Is there any way to get this back? or are am I screwed?

any info will be helpful
johnj

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 06:46:52 PM

Hey guys....

I had deposited 34BTC on moonco for trading. The address that was given to me for the deposit was:

1B6egk2RjiHRnZKjj7aoT89ZtqiQCEQrhL

as you can track on block explorer all the way, he moved them multiple times. Look like he had a total of 896 Bitcoins. maybe more.

Is there any way to get this back? or are am I screwed?

any info will be helpful

Screwed, unless he comes forward/caught with the wallet.

joulesbeef (OP)

moOo

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:51:33 PM

he claims it was hackers who got all of his passwords and erased all of his shit.

There really at this point isnt a way to prove it either way.  he could have been a scammer or it could have been hackers. But I will say he was under constant attack lately by childish people who were pissed that he was running a solidcoin exchange. He had exactly shit to do with solidcoin and yet some childish people decided to attack an innocent person in their zeal to get back at coinhunter.

This board has become a dump in the past few months.

There is bitcoinforums.net if you want a place that is a bit more mature and has a bit less trolls.

mooo for rent
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 09:03:38 PM

he claims it was hackers who got all of his passwords and erased all of his shit.

There really at this point isnt a way to prove it either way.  he could have been a scammer or it could have been hackers. But I will say he was under constant attack lately by childish people who were pissed that he was running a solidcoin exchange. He had exactly shit to do with solidcoin and yet some childish people decided to attack an innocent person in their zeal to get back at coinhunter.

This board has become a dump in the past few months.

There is bitcoinforums.net if you want a place that is a bit more mature and has a bit less trolls.

Okay how about you stop spreading crap and wait for the facts to surface huh?

Or is my way of giving facts by waiting for things to transpire and listing them not "factual" enough for you?

Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 09:09:01 PM

So, first power outage, then hackers ?

Was there, by chance, any weird  semitranslucent figures involved ? Or dudes in long leather trenchcoats who wear sunglasses at night ?

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
Artamir

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 01:42:40 PM

To the power outage, i can remember having heared something about a power outage in the news for that region. Not sure it it was same time or few days bevor, but could match.

To those claiming he just took the BTC and went along.

Please take into consideration the amount of BTC/SC traded on his site every day. With the fee of 0.2 or 0.4% for each transaction, he might over time have made a lot more BTC then by just taking the BTCs in his exchange at this early time.
So from my point of few just taking the BTC and scam all for the profit doesn't seem very likely. But maybe i overestimate the number of transactions done on his site every day and underestimate the BTC realy been transfered there.
johnj

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 01:49:21 PM

To the power outage, i can remember having heared something about a power outage in the news for that region. Not sure it it was same time or few days bevor, but could match.

To those claiming he just took the BTC and went along.

Please take into consideration the amount of BTC/SC traded on his site every day. With the fee of 0.2 or 0.4% for each transaction, he might over time have made a lot more BTC then by just taking the BTCs in his exchange at this early time.
So from my point of few just taking the BTC and scam all for the profit doesn't seem very likely. But maybe i overestimate the number of transactions done on his site every day and underestimate the BTC realy been transfered there.

I *think* he was at ~200k in SC volume before it went down.  Some people have reported having over 100 BTC in a single account.

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 01:54:52 PM

I used moonco.in for a while but I managed to transfer what little I have away before the second and permanent downtime.   I won't comment on the customs/cheating/abducted by aliens etc.  But I would say that a site in the USA having such a lot of gambling facilities is asking to be closed.  I would doubt it is about any p2p currencies.
Minsc

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:59:40 AM

I'm pretty sure it's a hoax.  The site owner is trying to pretend the feds have your coins now instead of him.

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: