Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:58:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin price before and after airdrop  (Read 191 times)
friartuck (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 06:38:37 PM

Can anyone provide details as to the price of a coin before and after and AirDrop?

I am specifically looking for an increase in value of a coin and the AirDrop dates. I am doing some research for a company that will be dong an AirDrop. We want to show some good examples for an infographic we are developing to distribute to help bring awareness about the AirDrop and the company prior to the AirDrop.
HatDen

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:01:34 PM

Before always higher, don't do mistakes that i did. Buy waves community token before BCH airdrop, and where is WCT now?
friartuck (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 07:03:22 PM

You are saying that the coin price is always higher before and airdrop, not after?
EMRO CEO

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:13:24 PM

I'm very skeptical that a price of a coin would be higher after an airdrop. Most people taking part in airdrops do for the quick little income they get from selling the coins they received. So i will say before the airdrop the price is higher and slightly lower after due to the selling.
Fiord

Activity: 209
Merit: 103

KRYPTOBITS.COM-BLOCKCHAIN BANKING

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:31:40 PM

Can anyone provide details as to the price of a coin before and after and AirDrop?

I am specifically looking for an increase in value of a coin and the AirDrop dates. I am doing some research for a company that will be dong an AirDrop. We want to show some good examples for an infographic we are developing to distribute to help bring awareness about the AirDrop and the company prior to the AirDrop.

It seems to me that the answer here is obvious, how can the price after AirDrop go up? It can only go down, because of the sale off. The price can go up only in the long term, since many people who have received AirDrop will start to study the project, tell others about it, community will grove, and with it will also grove the price of the token, but how to determine by what percentage the price has grown precisely because of the AirDrop, it seems to me that this is practically impossible task.

bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:33:56 PM

Personally i think that it depends on the amount or percentage of tokens given away in airdrop, if larger amount or number of tokens are given away then it is high chance that majority of airdrop holders will sell it causing dump in prices.

friartuck (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 07:35:42 PM

Thank you for the insight. I am relatively new to crypto and trying to understand the nuances and help a company out with graphics and marketing
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:43:06 PM

Airdrop means free tokens, so it's obvious that the price will most likely be dumped after the airdrop distribution. And then in most cases the price can return to its previous values. I've never seen a rising price right after the airdrop.
cryptokingdom

Activity: 236
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 07:54:13 PM

The essence of airdrop is to create a wider awareness about a project. Majority of the coin normally fall immediately after airdrop because at that point sellers are more than the buyers. It is advisable to hold and sell when the price rise again. Price normally goes up when the project is executed.

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ivanklich

Activity: 199

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:59:41 PM

Basically, the price of tokens before entering the exchange is higher. It often happens that the price increases as soon as the tokens go on the exchange, but then rapidly falls. But despite this, I prefer hold promising tokens for a long time.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:55:45 PM

Most times, there is drop in price after airdrop. I have seen so many coins and i have participated in so many airdrop. Whenever airdrop is done, there even be a drastic drop, except in rear cases. I think the best thing, if there would be any airdrop, ids for it to be done gradually with little percentage and not once. Perhaps every month.
kostagr33k

Activity: 309
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:31:48 PM

To get an answer to this question just look at the price of any coin after the ICO most lose much in price.
upyem2k

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:52:26 AM

I don't think so. What really happens is that after an airdrop or bounty campaign, most of the participants dump their earned token at a drastic price very low to the real value of the token. But after they are done, the price of the token can be increasing as time goes by.
LickKing

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:26:33 PM

This situation is not easy to say. I have done a lot of airdrop projects and they will have a certain price drop in the short term after the airdrop project, but not too much. I think the purpose of the airdrop is just to better promote the product. The key point is that the product is better. This is the key to whether the price can rise!

PeterTom

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:32:49 PM

I dont think that Airdrop has a particular effect on price, of course if the developers do not distribute a huge amount of coins. But judging by the fact that they usually give out $ 2-4 per person this can not greatly affect the price
Mr.Jovetic

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:32:55 PM

As I know overwhelming majority of projects that starts airdrops doesn't have their coin on exchanges
Pa1n

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:39:22 PM

In generally , I see that after airdrop prices are fall down.Maybe there are a few coin which rise after airdrop but usually prices going down.

Daddyj2

Activity: 532
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:40:44 PM

Sometimes after the people who get their free tokens dump their tokens the price of that coin increase but its 50/50 as there are also times that after the dumpers dump their tokens the token gets a hard time recovering.

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
cilgindansci

Activity: 504

umachit.fund

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:41:02 PM

I think Airdrop is a hoax. None of the airdrop tokens are valuable. I think people should give their labor to signature and blog campaigns.

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:41:08 PM

If you're expecting airdropped coins to go up just after the airdrop, I'm afraid that isn't the case for any token. Airdrops decrease the price of the coin substantially as the market is diluted due to free distribution and this will only lead to the price going lower.
After the token would've made progress in its path (if at all any), only the could we witness a surge in price and this isn't the case with the majority of airdropped tokens.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: