Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:02:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked account - Slark  (Read 388 times)
Snorek (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:25:25 PM
Merited by Vod (1)

Hello, it seems that someone hacked my account Slark
I would like to recover my account. Here is a signed message:

----BITCOIN ADDRESS ----
176eS5XnE9ZAknqbh8Z3dQDxMJ82fyWB9o
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account Slark has been hacked. Please reset the email to the email previously associated with this account or to
bitcoinplan@yandex.com The current date is June 5th 2018
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
H0pEmNqnlOk70c7wmy+Lu+SpSdWWYQNMUrKikiknbyk1PEN1o+O9m3TvrDByM59rkNc+J5yGmEtSiSct2Zr8hGM=
----END OF SIGNED MESSAGE----

Here is the unedited post where I posted my address 176eS5XnE9ZAknqbh8Z3dQDxMJ82fyWB9o in the past

I would be very grateful for any assistance in this matter. This thread is merely a proof that I lost access to my account and will update it accordingly if something will change.
After posting this message I will write a PM to Cyrus as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Snorek (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:10:55 PM

Bump.

I never received any reply from Cyrus. My Slark account remains hacked and the hacker started to delete my posts and enrolled himself in sig campaign.
Can someone from DT temporary tag my alt-account so the hacker cannot use it at least?

It seems that there are plenty of people with hacked accounts out there. Seeing posts like this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4451532.0
certainly didn't boost my hope of getting my account back.
sapta
aka BitRentX
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1718
Merit: 1205

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 04:20:35 PM

Hello, it seems that someone hacked my account Slark
I would like to recover my account. Here is a signed message:

----BITCOIN ADDRESS ----
176eS5XnE9ZAknqbh8Z3dQDxMJ82fyWB9o
My account Slark has been hacked. Please reset the email to the email previously associated with this account or to
bitcoinplan@yandex.com The current date is June 5th 2018
H0pEmNqnlOk70c7wmy+Lu+SpSdWWYQNMUrKikiknbyk1PEN1o+O9m3TvrDByM59rkNc+J5yGmEtSiSct2Zr8hGM=
----END OF SIGNED MESSAGE----

Here is the unedited post where I posted my address 176eS5XnE9ZAknqbh8Z3dQDxMJ82fyWB9o in the past

I would be very grateful for any assistance in this matter. This thread is merely a proof that I lost access to my account and will update it accordingly if something will change.
After posting this message I will write a PM to Cyrus as well.

Verified.

Bump.

I never received any reply from Cyrus. My Slark account remains hacked and the hacker started to delete my posts and enrolled himself in sig campaign.
Can someone from DT temporary tag my alt-account so the hacker cannot use it at least?

Tagged.

It seems that there are plenty of people with hacked accounts out there. Seeing posts like this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4451532.0

You can bump this thread every 24 hours to get more visibility.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:33:24 PM

Bump.

I'm not a hacker. I've  bought this account for 2k$ from owner of account. What I must do? It seems I'm a victim of hacker? Or maybe a true owner wants to return money after I paid it?
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:30:44 PM

Bump.

I'm not a hacker. I've  bought this account for 2k$ from owner of account. What I must do? It seems I'm a victim of hacker? Or maybe a true owner wants to return money after I paid it?

If Cyrus or theymos look at the OP petition and proof, the account will go to the original owner. You should return the account and stop buying them. You should also report the one that sold it to you.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Slark
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:39:10 PM

Bump.

If Cyrus or theymos look at the OP petition and proof, the account will go to the original owner. You should return the account and stop buying them. You should also report the one that sold it to you.
I'm waiting for seller. Who will return me my money?
Why  the selling of account is allowed?
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:43:01 PM

Bump.

You bought a pig in a poke. You took a shortcut, gambled and lost. That is a lesson for you to learn. The "why" has been asked and answered many times.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
sapta
aka BitRentX
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1718
Merit: 1205

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 07:56:11 PM

The seller probably won't even return your money. Why? They're a hacker in the first place who sold you a hacked account.

Look at this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.

That being said, you're probably a newcomer who sees the opportunity to make money from this forum and took a shortcut. Just like what KWH said.

Snorek (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:06:59 PM

Why  the selling of account is allowed?
If you bought it from someone then you have been tricked as I am the original owner of Slark account and I never sold it and never will.
I am afraid that you will never get the money you paid for the account back - from the so-called seller aka hacker.
It would be the best if you could simply return my account, as I am nothing but a victim of the hack.

I am surprised that you never verified the ownership of the account by searching BTC address posted in the past by 'the owner' from whom you bought the account and asked him for a signed message.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:51:54 PM

Our thief is a crooked scammer. He knew he bought someone else's account and one that had used a different address so he started deleting posts by previous owner, probably to get rid of his addresses. He also saw this thread but didn't respond. Instead he went on to stake his new address.

I'm Slark and this is my private address.
17DgozYiCNcyak799HG7nFV9aQ1BTZu83A
HBpoCDiUGa0S5sbV1YyOuskXhNs4O+sILpGwAVCFRPFwLIGbU+7nowNt0scWhv1W2wYn9pzDuDBNNHA6KzDlM7k=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

When this did not work he tried to play the victim and blame it all on the seller.
I wish there was a way to track his future activity. He's going to be a great addition to the forum, a real gem.

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:35:24 AM

Case #20180605001: Snorek vs Slark
Snorek claims his other account (Slark) was hacked, not sold
Slark claims he bought the account from original owner, then stake his own btc address on June 10, 2018

assuming current Slark doesn't lie, all this can be avoided if he as a buyer gets all supporting data/credentials
full control of registered email address and any/all btc addresses posted in Slark's posts history
@Slark ask your seller to provide the signed message from one of other posted addresses
if sellers refuses to create signed message, expose his username here to get tagged as account seller/scammer
2014 13qTkApa9UKN4LgdeqEBHCJ7Qdp6FL2UuF Luckyb.it Sig ~ http://archive.is/Ns2U1#selection-2969.0-2969.5
2015 197ZjZEUewwSLozV8JHj5YdKQfRZK1zBNf YABTCL.com Sig ~ http://archive.is/HEhIQ#selection-4619.0-4619.5
2016 196LJBsDHN4TanUqY8pfqABhex4iG4EXJP Rollin.io Sig ~ http://archive.is/5BQ3d#selection-2393.0-2393.5 (found old archive)

@Snorek shouldn't you be able to lock the account when he changes/resets password and/or email address?
Trust summary for Slark
This user's password was reset recently.
This user's email address was changed recently.

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:25:59 AM

snip

The criteria for account recovery is to sign an established BTC address or PGP key: "Typically, the only acceptable method of proving ownership is by signing a message (including current date and desired new email address) using a Bitcoin address or PGP key associated with the account. A Bitcoin address or PGP key is associated with the account only if the account posted the key/address, sent it in a PM, or if it is still listed in the account's profile."
No more, no less.

Albert Einstein
Slark
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:36:44 AM

Slark claims he bought the account from original owner, then stake his own btc address on June 10, 2018

assuming current Slark doesn't lie, all this can be avoided if he as a buyer gets all supporting data/credentials
full control of registered email address and any/all btc addresses posted in Slark's posts history
@Slark ask your seller to provide the signed message from one of other posted addresses
if sellers refuses to create signed message, expose his username here to get tagged as account seller/scammer
2014 13qTkApa9UKN4LgdeqEBHCJ7Qdp6FL2UuF Luckyb.it Sig ~ http://archive.is/Ns2U1#selection-2969.0-2969.5
2015 197ZjZEUewwSLozV8JHj5YdKQfRZK1zBNf YABTCL.com Sig ~ http://archive.is/HEhIQ#selection-4619.0-4619.5
2016 196LJBsDHN4TanUqY8pfqABhex4iG4EXJP Rollin.io Sig ~ http://archive.is/5BQ3d#selection-2393.0-2393.5 (found old archive)

@Snorek shouldn't you be able to lock the account when he changes/resets password and/or email address?
Trust summary for Slark

There are some groups in telegram, where you can buy such accounts. The seller of account told me, that he is going off from business and he's not need account any more. So I bought it. Of course I delete previous messages from account - because it's not my business. It's normal. So what I must do? Return account and lose my money? I wanted to use in signature campaigns- that's all. And of course I changed email to my new one-it's normal practice.
If i was I  a scammer or hacker-I might sold all merits for 10$ per one. Think about ut. But I didn''t do this. I bought this account in 7 of june. It's my mistake-that I didn't find this topic earlier.
Why i'm signed a BTC address? Because I'm in Panic now. I don't wanna lose my 2k$.
I just wanted to take part in Signature campaigns. That's all what I wanted. Now I'm a victim.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 10:55:52 AM

snip

The criteria for account recovery is to sign an established BTC address or PGP key: "Typically, the only acceptable method of proving ownership is by signing a message (including current date and desired new email address) using a Bitcoin address or PGP key associated with the account. A Bitcoin address or PGP key is associated with the account only if the account posted the key/address, sent it in a PM, or if it is still listed in the account's profile."
No more, no less.

The OP of this thread contains a signed message from an address in an unedited 2015 post. That should be enough.

There are some groups in telegram, where you can buy such accounts. The seller of account told me, that he is going off from business and he's not need account any more. So I bought it. Of course I delete previous messages from account - because it's not my business. It's normal. So what I must do? Return account and lose my money? I wanted to use in signature campaigns- that's all. And of course I changed email to my new one-it's normal practice.
If i was I  a scammer or hacker-I might sold all merits for 10$ per one. Think about ut. But I didn''t do this. I bought this account in 7 of june. It's my mistake-that I didn't find this topic earlier.
Why i'm signed a BTC address? Because I'm in Panic now. I don't wanna lose my 2k$.
I just wanted to take part in Signature campaigns. That's all what I wanted. Now I'm a victim.

You bought stolen property. The person that sold it to you had no right to. It still belongs to the original owner and you have been scammed for 2k by a thief.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:59:49 AM

Hey Snorek, do you mind telling us if your Slark account had a strong password?  I mean seriously...  I don't think I've seen as much accounts getting hacked in a forum before.  It's weird.  How do they get all those passwords?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 12:09:56 PM

It's weird.  How do they get all those passwords?

Any account that hasn't changed its password since the 2015 hack is vulnerable as the database containing hashes of the passwords is available on the dark web. They can then be brute forced unless they were very strong. Other accounts are generally as a result of a couple of mirror sites of the forum that are used to phish login details. Google is a big fan of putting these up as search results ahead or instead of the real bitcointalk.org search results.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dazz.

Activity: 69
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:37:38 PM

Now I'm a victim.

You're a victim of your own lack of morals and intelligence. You deserve that 2K loss. Deal with it
Snorek (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:41:50 PM

Trust summary for Slark

There is no one but me who has access to these addresses, it's futile to ask hacker/buyer for a signed message from my addresses.
I never received any email confirmation to my email associated with my Slark account, it seems that it is not needed if you want to change your password :/
The last notification in my email inbox from Slark PM inbox is this:

The message they sent you was (from 15.04.2018):

Hi. Thanks for replying my topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3325654.0
Can you tell me how can I get some Merit?
Thanks a lot!

Reply to this Personal Message here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=8291009;quote;u=1092949

I don't even want to start commenting on how many levels your crooked explanation is flawed. You are a victim of your greed, nothing more.
Return my account ASAP. I don't want to hear your whining anymore - don't buy or sell accounts - create and level up your own account!
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:17:16 PM

Hey Snorek, do you mind telling us if your Slark account had a strong password?  I mean seriously...  I don't think I've seen as much accounts getting hacked in a forum before.  It's weird.  How do they get all those passwords?

I believe all these "hacks" are tightly connected to the stolen database. Now here are possible reasons if your account got hacked:
1. no password change since 2015
2. no email change and an easy email password (brute forced)
3. fake email (non existing)
4. changed account password but used the same one or very similar one for your email

"So sorry I bought your stolen car. A real scammer would resell it or pawn it, you're lucky I'm not a scammer!" Cheesy

No, you saw the real owner of the account ask for help in the meta so instead of posting there and explaining yourself you tried to be "smart" and stack your address. Did you think people are so dumb that they don't see dates next to posts? That if you say that this account is yours now it becomes yours? GTFO

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: