Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTfuture.com Beta Launch - Prediction Market  (Read 1150 times)
devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 10:39:17 PM

We are very excited to present to you BTfuture.com, the prediction market for Bitcoin users!

We currently offer over 80 markets in sports, politics, finance, and science, and we expect to add much more in the coming days and weeks.

Predictions are made through trading of Bitcoin contracts explained in our FAQ.

The site just launched today, so there may be unexpected downtimes. Please bear with us as we try to maintain site reliability and performance.

Your feedback is essential for us, so please let us know if you run into any problems, have any questions, or would like to see features on the site.

We hope everyone enjoys our work, and please get trading!

-The BTfuture Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 11:11:04 PM

Awesome! Very cool, gonna try it out now  Cheesy

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 05:31:12 AM

Your feedback is essential for us, so please let us know if you run into any problems, have any questions, or would like to see features on the site.

Domains by Proxy, Inc.
http://secure.name-space.com/cgi-bin/whois.pl?whois=BTFUTURE.COM

There hasn't been a particularly fantastic run by anonymous providers -- particularly when the service provider holds bitcoins where the coins are not to be withdrawn by the user on demand.

Just recently another prediction market, MoonCo.in appears to have disappeared and those with outstanding wagers won't likely be getting either a refund or the winnings should their prediction come true.

Perhaps down the road there will be some multi-party confirmation method (perhaps like what is described here: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38928.0 ) which would allow participation without having to trust fully the service provider.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 05:43:29 AM

c&ped from our other thread:

Domains by proxy is owned by Go Daddy, and is not truly anonymous. If you wanted to find out who we were I'd imagine it is quite easy. If a trusted member of the community would like to speak with us to confirm our identities, we would be happy to oblige. We do however ask, if it is necessary, for respect of our privacy.

We completely understand the need for Bitcoin users who have been burned several times in past months to be wary with their bitcoins, but the nature of bitcoins does require a higher level of trust than is necessary for normal transactions.

The need for trust however is not unique to bitcoins, and like any other online service, we hope to earn your trust through the way we operate and do not expect it to be an easy task.

We are not a "bitcoin bank" and do not recommend users use our website for storage of large amounts of bitcoins. If you are not comfortable depositing bitcoins with us, we still hope to offer an entertaining website for those interested in prediction markets (I personally visit intrade several times a week).
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 04:46:55 PM

c&ped from our other thread:

Link to other thread: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44165.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 06:30:47 AM

We have decided to get rid of transaction fees during our beta period! Please sign up and start trading. I have also reached out to a staff member of this community to confirm my identity and to show that we have no intentions of scamming our members. If any trusted community member would also like to know who we are, please don't hesitate to PM us or e-mail us at support@btfuture.com and we can communicate further. Thanks again for those who have already registered!
devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 08:59:36 PM

We've been adding many improvements to the site over the weekend, so the site now runs noticeably faster.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 02:56:43 AM

The only problem I have with your site is not being able to make custom prediction.

For example, I want to make a prediction on whether or not the price of bitcoin will be ten dollars by the end of this month, the next security breach at mtgox, and so on.

devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 03:26:30 AM

The only problem I have with your site is not being able to make custom prediction.

For example, I want to make a prediction on whether or not the price of bitcoin will be ten dollars by the end of this month, the next security breach at mtgox, and so on.

Hi Kiba,

This is a good suggestion. I will try to roll out this feature this week, but I am busy with real work I've been putting off to work on this site; I can add a suggest feature where users can suggest markets, but I will have to approve them before they show up. Let me know if you think this is good. Thanks for your feedback!
devs @ btfuture.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 05:18:12 AM

New category for Bitcoin related topics has been added! Currently only one market but look for more in the upcoming days.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: