Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:50:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which cryptocurrency should I invest in, in 2018? Why?  (Read 3507 times)
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:50:55 PM

I’m going to be accumulating the majority of the coins below over the course of 2018 Q1—I’m a big believer in a diversified portfolio.

Especially in crypto.

I split coins into 3 tiers. Coins in tiers 1 & 2 I will be continuously adding to my holdings throughout Q1.

I based these tiers on my investment strategy, I highly suggest creating a strategy before investing in anything.

You need to have a goal that you’re working towards, and a framework for how you want to reach that goal.

My goal is to increase my holdings of Tier 1 & 2 coins, by trading coins from tier 3 on a short-medium time frame (2–6 months).

I also margin trade Tier 1 & 2 coins and use profits to increase my overall $BTC position.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Not margin trading is rule #8 in my “10 Crypto Commandments”.

Some of these coins I don’t believe in as long term investments.

Most of the time, the criteria I use to pick coins starts fundamentally with the team, roadmap, and community.

Once I’ve deemed a coin as “Fundamentally Strong”, I then go into the charts and apply Technical Analysis to determine if I can get a solid entry point.

Sometimes, I’ll see a coin I don’t think will last in the long run, but the chart is just too pretty to say no. I will denote these coins with an [X] by their name.

Cliche Disclaimer: none of this is financial advice, don’t even listen to me, I’m a random person on the internet — I could be full of sh*t and you wouldn’t know it.

Do your own research and only ever invest what you can afford to lose.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

I always hold at least a little BTC. Bitcoin is the market leader, and until that changes, I will always hedge against my Altcoin investments with Bitcoin. I typically have any where from 10–30% of my portfolio in Bitcoin depending on Bitcoin dominance at that time.

Bitcoin dominance refers to the percentage of the total cryptocurrency market share which is held by Bitcoin. You can check the live stat here.

The link also shows the market dominance of the other major coins on the market- spend some time getting to know the chart and notice how coins market caps correlate negatively or positively with each other.

Understanding the market cycles of crypto is pivotal to successful investing.

Tier 2

Neo ($NEO) & Ethereum ($ETH)

Image courtesy of CoinSutra

ETH and NEO are competitors. They solve the same problems, are both serious coins with large market caps, and I hold both as long term investments.

I’m not hedging against my bets by investing in competitors. It’s feasible to me that these two entities could co-exist in the future in a fashion similar to how Apple and Samsung coexist.

You have a nice strategy there. Of course I do have my own and that is I highly trade only for swings. I am trading by Altcoins/Bitcoin, Bitcoin/USDT, and I do have a Margin trade.
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:58:28 PM

With the price drop, BTC's price is around $6,800. Now investing in BTC is a good choice!
Several ETHs are less than $550. Many icos need to pay with ETH. Don't forget ETH in the list of investments!
For me best will be even all first ten coins, price of them right now are that low that only a little recover of market will pump their price with nice profit for us.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:41:20 AM

I would suggest you to choose minimum 5 best coins. Split your investment into few parts. Choose 2 coins with high rates like Bitcoin and Etherium, then choose 2 coins with cheapest rates below $10. Then choose the best ICO tokens and invest as much as you can. This is the best move you can do as a trader. One or the other coin would bring huge profits for sure. You may be surprised to see the profits you gain from all above coins down the line.
I think it depends upon your investment cap. If you have small capital then you should buy some low price coins because you will hold good quantity and if the price grow a little bit you will make handsome money. On the other hand bitcoin is expensive and if you no idea of cryptocurrency then it is not good for you. Turn to small coins.
Tory-Tory

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:52:06 AM

As the practice of the first 5 months shows it is necessary to pay attention to the projects and protocols. Projects in these areas show the best results.

d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:13:42 AM

I’m going to be accumulating the majority of the coins below over the course of 2018 Q1—I’m a big believer in a diversified portfolio.

Especially in crypto.

I split coins into 3 tiers. Coins in tiers 1 & 2 I will be continuously adding to my holdings throughout Q1.

I based these tiers on my investment strategy, I highly suggest creating a strategy before investing in anything.

You need to have a goal that you’re working towards, and a framework for how you want to reach that goal.

My goal is to increase my holdings of Tier 1 & 2 coins, by trading coins from tier 3 on a short-medium time frame (2–6 months).

I also margin trade Tier 1 & 2 coins and use profits to increase my overall $BTC position.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Most of the time, the criteria I use to pick coins starts fundamentally with the team, roadmap, and community.

Once I’ve deemed a coin as “Fundamentally Strong”, I then go into the charts and apply Technical Analysis to determine if I can get a solid entry point.

Sometimes, I’ll see a coin I don’t think will last in the long run, but the chart is just too pretty to say no. I will denote these coins with an [X] by their name.

Cliche Disclaimer: none of this is financial advice, don’t even listen to me, I’m a random person on the internet — I could be full of sh*t and you wouldn’t know it.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

I always hold at least a little BTC. Bitcoin is the market leader, and until that changes, I will always hedge against my Altcoin investments with Bitcoin. I typically have any where from 10–30% of my portfolio in Bitcoin depending on Bitcoin dominance at that time.

Bitcoin dominance refers to the percentage of the total cryptocurrency market share which is held by Bitcoin. You can check the live stat here.

The link also shows the market dominance of the other major coins on the market- spend some time getting to know the chart and notice how coins market caps correlate negatively or positively with each other.

Tier 2

ETH and NEO are competitors. They solve the same problems, are both serious coins with large market caps, and I hold both as long term investments.

I’m not hedging against my bets by investing in competitors. It’s feasible to me that these two entities could co-exist in the future in a fashion similar to how Apple and Samsung coexist.

You have a nice strategy there. Of course I do have my own and that is I highly trade only for swings. I am trading by Altcoins/Bitcoin, Bitcoin/USDT, and I do have a Margin trade.
we all do have our own technical analysis and our own perspective as well as our top picked cryptocurrency as for investment. as for me i am highly focusing on having bitcoin or ethereum as of the moment, because it seems that this will bloom next to each other, then i just follow up by some popular coins in the market as for slight investment for them.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:37:30 AM

The cryptocurrency that I will invest in 2018 is the ethereum altcoins because I see in ethereum coin , the good benefits of ethereum and functions and use of ethereum in different sites and in the market of exchange, It is also a promising altcoin as I believe in it.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
WhyBit

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:50:50 AM

There are many coins right now in market just matter of some work because without this if you want to invest then surely its going to lost your hard earned money because no one can give you perfect prediction about any coin because its very hard and every one has his own choice but right now we have some good coins with very strong communities and good devs which can give you good return of invest I will suggest Bitcoin Ether NEO and EOS these all good and strong for investing
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:56:46 AM

I think you have a great handle on your investment using tiers and what not. I guess you can ask us about investment options and strategies. Then again, you should always take it with a grain of salt. I don't know much about alt coins, but i think NEO and EOS are good options. But you should really research for yourself on which coins to bank in, since it is your money.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
saadat6868

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:20:30 PM

Your ways are good, so trust information you know, don't trust some facts you hear anywhere, because only you decide the what to do
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:25:58 PM

It seems to me that OP does not understand the importance of choosing coins for investment. You can never rely on the opinions of other members of the community. You may lose your money and the responsibility for this lies entirely with you. You have to study the market yourself and make a reasonable choice.
bubidan.id

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:07:03 PM

I have split my Investment, So don't take all of the money at one currency to make a big profit, If better that you have your own strategy. But you must be careful because the crypto is very volatile. good luck

Elysian Finance◆   |   Next generation reverse backed token
https://elysian.finance/
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 05:22:18 PM

I am bullish on ETH, Vchain and XRP for the rest of 2018 apart from Bitcoin. Even though I am not a great fan of XRP as a cryptocurrency but still, I believe that it will perform well in terms of investment in the short term. ETH has a tremendous scope in the automated sector (I.O.T) and Vchain is still undervalued as compared to its potential in my honest opinion so I am bullish on all these three coins apart from Bitcoin.
CheatingCoins

Activity: 122

Do what needs to be done.

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:42:29 PM

I like the way you've decided to split trough investment.

When it comes to my opinion I am personally invested in EOS (because it's ETH killer pretty much) and NEBL that has already live mainnet and amazing tech, it's currently only lacking marketing. Wink

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Cojiro

Activity: 111

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:50:46 PM

I am for this year you can try investing in EOS coins, because eos has a good platform and also a promising market
Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:08:19 PM

There are so many good coins now available in the market including bitcoin. Best investment is i choose some coins such as bitcoin, Ethereum and Neo. These are the coins with high potential and promising coins in the coinmarketcap. Better split your amount and invest in these three. It would be better for future, if one coin goes low means other coin will help you. Now the market is good for invest so use this time to invest.
SectorZero
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:02:53 PM

Especially in crypto.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

Tier 2

You have a very interesting portfolio model. Everything is done with good calculation. Question is, what do you think about the other coins? For example, if it IS in, WAVES may still what. do you have any thoughts about them? Thanks.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:15:17 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 05:50:31 AM by BitCryptex

personally i am prefer IOTA. this coins have good technology and development.even in some article it said that iota make partnership with famous company in germany.

As far as I know, IOTA has some serious problems with transactions and partners. We shouldn't be surprised because it's actually a new concept which still requires further testing.

There is no clear answer to the OP question. We can't predict which cryptocurrency will have the highest ROI and that's what many people here are after which is sad. We should focus on the technology and the gains from it.
djuqkman

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:18:40 PM

PXS what about this coin? It is now converted into NPXS, which is well planned and now holds PXS for every month.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:52:19 AM

personally i am prefer IOTA. this coins have good technology and development.even in some article it said that iota make partnership with famous company in germany.
In 2018, you should invest in Bitcoin and can also invest in other crypto coins which depend upon your savings. If you have low savings then start from less valuable coins like Ethereum and Altcoin which comes after the Bitcoin in value and then slowly upgrade to the Bitcoin.

On the other hand if you are with high savings then start from Bitcoin and invest with huge amount in the current market because this market is of low value and you will get large quantity of Bitcoins on fewer amounts.
Elmughni

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:56:38 AM

Especially in crypto.

Don’t margin trade.

It’s bad.

Tier 1

Bitcoin ($BTC)

Tier 2

There are lots of coins to look for, of course everyone will have different opinions and maybe everything is right in the end. I personally prefer bitcoin and ethereum. I like both.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: